Anyone own a Jeep?

Jan. 25, 2012, 5:50 p.m.

I actually find the US site a lot more realistic. In three different vehicles, we've never obtained the Cdn numbers, but have generally been pretty close to the US numbers. I believe they revised their testing methods a couple of years ago to better estimate real world driving. Of course YMMV. heh

US site has L/100km too. Not sure why people still use MPG in Canada when gas is sold in litres and cars' tripometers are in km :???: Seems like unnecessary work.

Did you use US gallons or imperial gallons when you did the math? Now that you mention it and I looked into the mileage for my F150 and my old 4runner I was never able to obtain as good mileage either. Only the Jeep seems to get the same mileage they advertise…works for me!

Jan. 25, 2012, 6:08 p.m.

Subaru Impreza slays fire roads ;)

this

Jan. 25, 2012, 6:17 p.m.

Did you use US gallons or imperial gallons when you did the math? Now that you mention it and I looked into the mileage for my F150 and my old 4runner I was never able to obtain as good mileage either. Only the Jeep seems to get the same mileage they advertise…works for me!

L/100KM is the the ruler for measuring fuel economy.

fuck mpgs and fuck imperial babrbaric units of shit.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 25, 2012, 6:45 p.m.

So much hate.

Jan. 25, 2012, 6:54 p.m.

So much hate.

he's german, it's what they do.

Check my stuff for sale!

Jan. 28, 2012, 1:31 a.m.

we get nothign good in north america.
taco is the least shitty of all the things we get here.

lots of small diesel trucks available everywhere else except here.

jeep has weak ass axles, lots of guys i know are either runnin toy diffs or exploder rear end. if you put any kind of lift on a jeep you need to either do a SYE or drop the tcase (thereby negating any gains of the lift)

Well I know a lot of guys runnin a yota and seem to have no major issues, other than a new head gasket every so often.

The reason why people break axles is because they bag the shit out of their truck (obviously stock stuff is not going to hold up, kind of like bikes). It'll happen if your bouncing around all over the place and choosing shit lines.

Your able to lift a jeep till about 4" anything over needs the tcase drop or slip yoke. Slip yoke is your best bet.

gerewh0re

i've tried sticking it in her butt and peeing, she feels that is more a gift for me than her.

Jan. 28, 2012, 8:22 a.m.

My best mate has had his jeep for 5 years so far, stock engine and he drives it hard rockcrawling and general 4wding. I don't think its ever had an issue engine wise. I think its a 03 TJ off the top of my head

Jan. 28, 2012, 11:56 a.m.

:lol:
yeah, what adam west said

Jan. 28, 2012, 1:11 p.m.

we get nothign good in north america.
taco is the least shitty of all the things we get here.

lots of small diesel trucks available everywhere else except here.

how is this true?

my 91 f150 i had made it to 400 thousand kms, body still in decent shape. clutch went in it deicded i didnt want to fix it.

i think that imported trucks are piles of over complicated shit. all of them rust terribly. The boxes on old toyotas are garbage because they are not very deep. They also lack power

that being said i would love to have this truck

, however, notice the black guys pants don't leave much to the imajination.

Jan. 28, 2012, 1:13 p.m.

oh and i also have a 1992 yj 2.5L and i love it.
although the brakes went on it so it must be a pile of shit

, however, notice the black guys pants don't leave much to the imajination.

Jan. 28, 2012, 1:40 p.m.

how is this true?

my 91 f150 i had made it to 400 thousand kms, body still in decent shape. clutch went in it deicded i didnt want to fix it.

i think that imported trucks are piles of over complicated shit. all of them rust terribly. The boxes on old toyotas are garbage because they are not very deep. They also lack power

that being said i would love to have this truck

Every domestic I've ever driven has felt clapped out, while emanating a sense of cheapness and poor quality.
yes your f150 sure did 400k but Im betting dollars for monkeys that a toyota at 400k will be in far better nick than a domestic.

over complicated? with what the wizardry of fuel injection? ABS breaks?
deep boxes = little pecker.
lacking in power, ok if you really need a racing truck go buy a big gashog as a DD and wonder why fuel costs so much.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 28, 2012, 2:06 p.m.

I love those Cherokees. $2,000 is cheap. How much is your bike worth?….

As for a commuter…I you'll spend that much in under a year in gas. Say 9 months or so?

Jan. 28, 2012, 4:15 p.m.

Every domestic I've ever driven has felt clapped out, while emanating a sense of cheapness and poor quality.
yes your f150 sure did 400k but Im betting dollars for monkeys that a toyota at 400k will be in far better nick than a domestic.

Meh, no matter the vehicle it'll be on it's 3rd or 4th set of most parts by that point in its life even if the transmission and engine keep going - the only difference is that the parts and labour for the domestic vehicle will have cost a fraction of what it costs to replace the same parts on an import over the years.

IMO, just because one person thinks a rusty old POS Toyota is still an awesome truck doesn't mean that everyone else on the road doesn't see it as the clapped out piece of shit that it really is..same thing for an old beat up domestic truck…by 400k you're probably only still driving the same vehicle because you're either a) naive enough to think it's going to last another 400k so it must be worth putting thousands into the inevitable repairs that are on their way or b) smart enough to know that major repairs are inevitable and you might as well drive it until it breaks down since you won't get what it's worth to you back in a sale anyways..

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that by 400k no matter what vehicle you're driving it'll be a ratbagged old truck that everyone except the owner sees as a giant pile of shit.

Jan. 28, 2012, 5:15 p.m.

I love those Cherokees. $2,000 is cheap. How much is your bike worth?….

As for a commuter…I you'll spend that much in under a year in gas. Say 9 months or so?

Yeah, I decided that I didn't really want to chance it at 300,000 kms. Not to mention if something does happen, I don't really have the time to do any extensive work on it. I figure spend a bit more and get something more reliable with less Km's

Jan. 28, 2012, 10:53 p.m.

:drool:

although it must suck in the rain.

I got a nice soft top roof and backseat for it too. yesss

i googled majin super gay and this thread came up