Anyone need a dishwasher?

April 13, 2013, 6:27 p.m.

a bit of a read, but worth it.

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-home-appliances-dishwashers-Beautiful-Sears-Kenmore-dishwasher-or-a-really-nice-boat-anchor-W0QQAdIdZ473575745

[INDENT]Wow. 4300 visits to this add, and STILL there isn't a soul among you who thinks this 11-month old Sears Kenmore dishwasher is worth $74. It's still under warranty, you know. Did I mention that little nugget? Sears gave me this phone number to their service dudes in Bangalore or Bophal or New Delhi, and they are standing by to help get this dishwasher back into tip top shape. That phone number is embedded into the back of my aching skull, and I'll include it with your purchase. All you'll need is time, patience and a recreational drug of some sort so you don't blow a gasket or go postal or something worse as you go through the Customer "Service" process! So, seeing that I'm out many hundreds of dollars because I couldn't ask my wife to relive the agony of dealing with Sears Customer "Service" - last time she ended up gnawing the leg off one of our kitchen chairs, and I ended up falling on my arse when I was eating my Count Choculas (47 per cent sugar, you know) - the price is now $57.50. This covers the sushi that we ate last night, plus tax plus tip.

As I said last time, it washes dishes beautifully – probably the best of any dishwasher I’ve owned, actually (actually my new one is better) – but it isn’t so good at getting rid of the water at the end of the cycle.

Two years ago, my wife and I built a house, and installed a Kenmore dishwasher. Within six months, it had stopped draining at the end of the cycle. So we called Sears, believing that it would be an easy fix. I’ve never considered myself a moron before, but my blind faith in Sears would prove that I should have my mittens tied together with a string, and I should only eat with spoons, as I could easily lose an eye if I tried a fork. Anyway, had to keep calling Buddy on the graveyard shift of Customer "Service" in New Delhi" to deal with the problem. Buddy hated me instantly because I woke him up- no way he was going to make this easy. In the meantime, we washed dishes by hand for weeks, waiting for their repair man to show up - I guess it took some time for the work order to make it the 15 time zones back to Halifax. Then we have to take 4 hours off from work (the repairman only promises to show up some time in the four hour block), burn our gas to get to and from work, only to be told, “we have to order a new drain pump”. Weeks more of hand-washing dishes. My finger nails have never been cleaner, and my hands never softer. “More than just mild. You’re soaking in it”. Remember that commercial? That was me, the new Madge, only with a five o’clock shadow, idiot mittens, and a fork stuck in my eye. In comes the part, so we have to book off another 4 hours of work, drive to and from work on our own nickel. In goes the new part, and the dishwasher works, kind of. . . for about 4 months, then it breaks again. Wash dishes by hand for 3 weeks. 4 hours off from work. Order part. Wash dishes for a week. Take 4 hours off. Install new part. Doesn’t work. Order same part again. Wash dishes for two weeks. 4 hours off from work. Part still doesn’t make it work. Order same part for the third time.

At this point we called back the Sears Buddy in New Dehli and suggested that we got a lemon. “Nope. Can’t be a lemon until it’s been fixed 3 times” they say. “It has been fixed 4 times”, says I. “Nope. The last 3 visits have been the same problem, so they only count as one”, says they. I went into the store where I bought it, and said “you sold me a lemon, please sir, may I have another?”. “Nope” says they. “We only take your money here. We don’t help you with your problems… call New Dehli. Now shoo, you’re scaring off our next victims”. So, I tell them that I’m going home to rip out the dishwasher, and I’m gonna sit on it in front of their store during their biggest sale of the year. And I would have, but after an exhaustive letter writing and email campaign with Head Office, the manager contacted us and after another few weeks, we finally got a replacement.

That replacement (same model) still washes dishes beautifully, but after 11 months of use, it doesn’t drain. Now, if I didn’t have PTSD from dealing with these clowns in the past, and dish pan hands so bad that they’re cracking, I’d tilt at this windmill again. I’ve thought about taking a page from the book of that raving lunatic in North Korea, let my kids starve while I build a catapult and threaten to launch the dishwasher through the window of Sears. But I’m too tired. The new dishwasher that we bought (NOT at Sears), and I shouldn't have had to install but did, works beautifully.

So. If you have the skills and the time to replace the pump in this dishwasher (I have neither skill nor time), OR if you have lots of time, dirty fingernails that could use a long soak in dish soap, and the patience of Mr. Myagi from the Karate Kid, this baby can by yours for the low low everyday price of $57.50. After several months of phone calls, drives home on your work time and numerous uncalled for bursts of rudeness to your significant other, you'll have weathered the storm of being treated like a moron by Sears, and you'll have a dishwasher that you can be proud of. And I will have enough cash to pay for the really good sushi we had last night, which helped to ease the pounding in my temples after shelling out $800 to replace a dishwasher that's still under warranty. Stand by for more price drops.[/INDENT]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

April 13, 2013, 6:32 p.m.

I already have a wife.

April 13, 2013, 7:53 p.m.

I already have a wife.

April 14, 2013, 8:31 a.m.

I already have a wife.

think practical!

less time waSHING dishes = mopre time for deep throat

April 14, 2013, 10:05 a.m.

I ran into a problem like that once and it turned out whoever had in stalled the garburator did not punch out the plug in the housing the dishwasher hose plugs into.

Some water was able to leak through it somehow so it drained a bit but always had water at the end of the cycle.

It took me less than 30 minutes to find the problem and deal with it.

Click Me

April 14, 2013, 1:54 p.m.

I ran into a problem like that once and it turned out whoever had in stalled the garburator did not punch out the plug in the housing the dishwasher hose plugs into.

Some water was able to leak through it somehow so it drained a bit but always had water at the end of the cycle.

It took me less than 30 minutes to find the problem and deal with it.

Posting an ad for the world to see declaring that you aren't handy is easier.

April 14, 2013, 3:13 p.m.

If that were the case, then why did the replacement d/w work fine?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.