Anyone here from Fort Mac?

May 10, 2016, 1 p.m.

I hope you weren't thinking that I was endorsing WHMIS in this instance.

Uh, no … the statement that every Timmy Ho's worker has somehow absorbed "safety culture" through osmosis is simply too ridiculous to bear.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 10, 2016, 1:21 p.m.

Hold on to your hat:

Uh, no … the statement that every Timmy Ho's worker has somehow absorbed "safety culture" through osmosis is simply too ridiculous to bear.

That is not what I meant. I meant that the population surrounding the Timmy folk, being largely employed by the safety conscious resource firms, was likely a benefit to the Timmy folk.

Outlandish! Ridiculous!

NBR sucks.

May 10, 2016, 1:27 p.m.

I still think my theory is holds more water. Fort Mac is full of people that make good money and have at least 2 vehicles in the driveway. Evacuating is way harder on the bus.

May 10, 2016, 1:36 p.m.

Guess all those Dunkin' Donuts workers in the US must be well versed in police work because of who they serve.

Too bad there wasn't census data to show the actual number of oil patch workers. Actually the Cons probably cancelled it so that there wouldn't be anything showing how many temporary foreign workers they'd imported.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

May 10, 2016, 3:43 p.m.

Actually, 90% of the city was saved. Yes, 2400 dwellings were lost but over 25,000 were saved. Those brave firefighters are heroes in my eyes.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/scars-from-battle-to-save-fort-mcmurray-from-fire-revealed-as-first-media-allowed-into-city

Been busy all day so didn't see the article. But it explains this mornings Toronto Star editorial cartoon.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 10, 2016, 3:49 p.m.

Doorbell cam feed as fire fighters fight the fire,

http://edmontonjournal.com/storyline/doorbell-cam-captures-gripping-footage-of-fort-mcmurray-firefighters-at-work

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

May 10, 2016, 5:01 p.m.

^^^
It definitely takes balls to stand under a burning roof and poke holes in it.

The guy running over with his water bottle to douse a hot spot is awesome.

May 10, 2016, 5:38 p.m.

To lazy to embed.

Time lapse images of the fire from a NavCan camera at the airport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbUcWAZrSsY

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

May 10, 2016, 10:46 p.m.

This could very well win the award for the hugest, stinkingest, pile of bull shit that I've seen all year!

Go drive your tesla past some who cares and tell them all about how you're god's gift to self riotous assholes. No one here wants to here it.

It's pricks like you that give all of us other engineers a bad name.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

May 10, 2016, 11:07 p.m.

Go drive your tesla past some who cares and tell them all about how you're god's gift to self riotous assholes. No one here wants to here it.

It's pricks like you that give all of us other engineers a bad name.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Self riotous? As in he goes all apeshit on himself?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 10, 2016, 11:12 p.m.

Yeah all that online WHMIS and H2S Alive training kept people safe. That's the stupidest thing I've read all week, and that's over and above JCL's original comment.

Speaking of workplace safety. RCAF Herc safety briefing,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5q1uvJhthk

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

May 10, 2016, 11:19 p.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/something-good-can-happen-fort-mcmurray-firefighter-proposes-marriage-amidst-flames-1.3574634

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

May 11, 2016, 3:42 a.m.

Everywhere you can leave a comment on line people talk like assholes so why not nsmb where one gets more points for being an idiot than being any thing usefull?

Them rich folk in the kelowna fire didn't get caught, neither did the people in the slave lake fire cuz they all had that special training called … a driver's license

Politics or beliefs aside it sucks ft Mac got burnt out , nobody deserves that

And so we interupt what was left of the oil boom to bring you … The building boom

I had whimis but I couldn't tell you a thing about it … Still drive tho

May 11, 2016, 4:09 a.m.

And Barriere.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 11, 2016, 8:12 a.m.

Good lord. Yeah I get it … they worked hard, put their lives on the line and did a great job. Congratulations, guys.

But do we really need to gush all this fawning adoration like prepubescent girls at a Bieber concert? It's childish.

Been busy all day so didn't see the article. But it explains this mornings Toronto Star editorial cartoon.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.