Anyone here from Fort Mac?

May 8, 2016, 11:02 a.m.

Horrible. Ground level photos look like something from a nuclear holocaust.

Even though some buildings look like they have no damage, there's probably a lot of smoke and/or heat damage. There's also the large amount of damage to the infrastructure; getting back to homes might take a long time after the fire is out.

they may look undamaged but there is tons of convection heat damage .

my buddies kids truck temp gauge read over 50deg in the truck . all the paint and plastic on the front of the truck is all blistered and deformed from the heat wave .

#northsidetrailbuilders

May 8, 2016, 7:51 p.m.

built a good chunk of that town in the mid 70's then again in the early 80's I'm not going back to do it again dammit.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

May 9, 2016, 4:32 a.m.

From the time of them seeing the flames on the horizon to barely getting out with their lives was 20 to 25min .

Read an interesting theory on why they were able to evacuate that many people that quickly without any casualties:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

May 9, 2016, 8:19 a.m.

4Chan :lol:

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 9, 2016, 9:48 a.m.

Good point. If that happened in Van, people would be panicking; "Where can I get my latte now?" or "Somebody save my labradoodle!" or "My Mini-Cooper has some ash burns on the hood."

Thread killer

May 9, 2016, 12:22 p.m.

I guess I don't have enough faith in humanity, but I've been shocked there haven't been stories popping up of car jackings on the way out of town or people being held up for supplies.

May 9, 2016, 12:39 p.m.

It wouldn't happen there. For all the "faults" people joke about, screwing your neighbour isn't one of them.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 9, 2016, 1:50 p.m.

I guess I don't have enough faith in humanity, but I've been shocked there haven't been stories popping up of car jackings on the way out of town or people being held up for supplies.

In a town the size of Fort Mac… in Canada? I would never expect that. It is not exactly New Orleans.

May 9, 2016, 1:59 p.m.

It wouldn't happen there. For all the "faults" people joke about, screwing your neighbour isn't one of them.

Damn those Neocons and their virtues

May 9, 2016, 2:45 p.m.

Yeah all that online WHMIS and H2S Alive training kept people safe. That's the stupidest thing I've read all week, and that's over and above JCL's original comment.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

May 9, 2016, 2:59 p.m.

Yeah all that online WHMIS and H2S Alive training kept people safe. That's the stupidest thing I've read all week, and that's over and above JCL's original comment.

:lol: That is what I was thinking. WHMIS training makes you a survivalist? It is more likely what kept them safe is 2 cars in every driveway.

May 9, 2016, 3:10 p.m.

:lol: That is what I was thinking. WHMIS training makes you a survivalist? It is more likely what kept them safe is 2 cars in every driveway.

:lol: Come on guys, obviously knowing how to read warning labels on products helped them evacuate. Beyond that, there were lots of people who defied the evacuation order and stayed in town, it was pure dumb luck that no one was killed.

May 9, 2016, 4:15 p.m.

:lol: That is what I was thinking. WHMIS training makes you a survivalist?

OMG A FIRE!!! QUICK, SOMEONE GET ME THE DATA SHEET!

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 9, 2016, 4:36 p.m.

OMG A FIRE!!! QUICK, SOMEONE GET ME THE DATA SHEET!

That is Funny!

May 9, 2016, 4:38 p.m.

:lol:
I'm pretty sure I did WHMIS, CSTS, TDG and a few other courses online at a community college a few years back.
Toots ready for disaster!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.