Anyone here from Fort Mac?

May 6, 2016, 2:19 a.m.

Another tactless dipshit added to the Ignore list (jcl)

If more people used that function…there would be half a dozen(at least) posters talking to only themselves.

May 6, 2016, 6:41 a.m.

I hear on the CBC is "we'll rebuild". How about fucking no!

is this a serious statement ? Whats your genius plan to relocate the nearly 100k people, while simultaneously lowering their carbon footprint?

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

May 6, 2016, 7:53 a.m.

Sometimes I wonder if people here on NBR had to live with their statements in the real world, what that would look like. Well, here is a Vancouver guy that is being held accountable for his social media post. His company, The Electric Playground, has suspended their employee without pay and donating his wages to the Red Cross fund for FT Mac residents.

https://www.facebook.com/electricplayground/

May 6, 2016, 8:57 a.m.

Perspective of just how big this fire is as of roughly last night.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/how-big-is-the-fort-mcmurray-fire/

From the Toronto Star 2 hours ago with what roughly 85,000 heactares looks like on a map…

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/05/05/size-of-fort-mcmurray-fire-grows-as-fast-as-losses-mount.html

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 6, 2016, 9:23 a.m.

what is this "Toronto" place?

:canada:

May 6, 2016, 9:42 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yThu2qcRyJY

May 6, 2016, 10:43 a.m.

What's the best avenue at the moment to donate directly to help out? I understand Redcross has been one spot - What's NBRs thought on this before I donate?

viperfunk.com

May 6, 2016, 11:24 a.m.

An absolute shitty situation for all those involved…

Probably no point in continuing to look for work up that way for the time being.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 6, 2016, 11:53 a.m.

what is this "Toronto" place?

Seriously, eh?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 6, 2016, 12:41 p.m.

Okay just popped back for a lunch time comment as you guys love my opinion so much.

Look, obviously it sucks for the people involved who have lost homes etc. They are clearly not soley responsible for global climate change, although I would argue that they are more pro fossil fuel extraction than the average goat hearder.

But the big mistake is to miss the connection between what's going on (to whatever degree) with the climate change and the fires that are increasing in severity globally. It's great having a emotional response but what is going to solve? All it will do will is remove common sense from the issue and everything will go back to the way it was.

It was depressing as hell to hear Trudy say its all to easy to make the link with climate change but that would be a mistake etc. If the govenment wasn't in the oil corps pocket I'm sure you would have heard something different which he could have easily finessed while being sympathetic to the losses etc.

So now we'll have had these fires which ironically knocked out one of the main causes of them and still nothing will be learnt from it because everyone will shit on anyone who says anything other than the empathy consensus.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 6, 2016, 12:49 p.m.

Okay just popped back for a lunch time comment as you guys love my opinion so much.

Look, obviously it sucks for the people involved who have lost homes etc. They are clearly not soley responsible for global climate change, although I would argue that they are more pro fossil fuel extraction than the average goat hearder.

But the big mistake is to miss the connection between what's going on (to whatever degree) with the climate change and the fires that are increasing in severity globally. It's great having a emotional response but what is going to solve? All it will do will is remove common sense from the issue and everything will go back to the way it was.

It was depressing as hell to hear Trudy say its all to easy to make the link with climate change but that would be a mistake etc. If the govenment wasn't in the oil corps pocket I'm sure you would have heard something different which he could have easily finessed while being sympathetic to the losses etc.

So now we'll have had these fires which ironically knocked out one of the main causes of them and still nothing will be learnt from it because everyone will shit on anyone who says anything other than the empathy consensus.

How can you be this tone deaf? No seriously. Does it make you feel good to be all high and mighty on the internet? Do you get some pleasure from doubling down on your position and not understanding that people don't like you not because of the facts but because your delivery is complete shit.

If you're so concerned, please do share with the forum what you personally have done to effect change? I want to hear all about how you've given up your car (because oil is part of the problem), stopped eating foods that are imported (because shipping stuff from California is expensive and bad for the environment) and how you only buy local 100 mile products for everything.

What are you doing to advocate the government to wean us off natural resources? Also while you're at it, please tell me your plan for all the people working in those companies.what should they do?

Can't?

Didn't think so.

You're doing some mental gymnastics to convince yourself you're doing something when all you're doing is showing people how much of a callous asshole you are.

My photos | Green Avocado

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Guns kill people just like pens cause spelling mistakes, cars create drunk drivers and spoons create fat people.

PM me to learn how to use credit card bonuses to fly for free.

May 6, 2016, 1:36 p.m.

I've always liked you, Norm.

May 6, 2016, 1:46 p.m.

What's the best avenue at the moment to donate directly to help out? I understand Redcross has been one spot - What's NBRs thought on this before I donate?

Best bang for buck seems to be red cross as the federal government is matching those donations

www.travelswithtyler.com

May 6, 2016, 2:35 p.m.

I've always liked you, Norm.

This argument really makes me shake my head….

Are you really saying because I own a basketball and use q-tips that I should just say fuck it and buy a lifted F350 and a hellcat to drive to work in?

We are all consumers of oil products no doubt, but making changes where you are able and acting responsibly with your investments, consumerism, even the companies you work for.. all adds up to a positive net result.

Taking climate change seriously does not require abstinence from oil products.

May 6, 2016, 4:10 p.m.

This argument really makes me shake my head….

Are you really saying because I own a basketball and use q-tips that I should just say fuck it and buy a lifted F350 and a hellcat to drive to work in?

We are all consumers of oil products no doubt, but making changes where you are able and acting responsibly with your investments, consumerism, even the companies you work for.. all adds up to a positive net result.

Taking climate change seriously does not require abstinence from oil products.

Don't feed the zedbra troll.

He's a moron. By the same token, zedbra's small government, less regulation mantra should mean he stops driving on roads, drinking water, and breathing air…to name only a few.

Don't feed the zedbra troll.