anybody try a work-share space in vancouver?

Dec. 13, 2016, 1:51 p.m.

I'm looking for a place to do work come this year. I don't know much about these co-working spots, like are they loud and annoying or too pricey or what. I just need a desk to code and occasionally pop into a room and skype. Anybody know much about them? There seems to be spots downtown and New West.

Or, does anybody get away with just working from their local library or something? Looking for options other than my desk at home which attracts my kids all day long

Dec. 13, 2016, 2:48 p.m.

Some friends (two of them are coders) have worked in and out of the Network Hub in New West; http://rivermarket.ca/shops/thenetworkhub
They've been happy with it. Most people wear headphones and keep quiet. I think there's a room with a door for phone calls.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

Dec. 13, 2016, 3:36 p.m.

cool, thanks…that's one of the ones I was told about by sfu. I'll look into it

Dec. 15, 2016, 8:42 p.m.

SFU Venture labs has a spot downtown in the harbour center.

I build these temp. work stations alot, most people seem to be quite and keep too themselves. You could check craigslist, but the smaller (not affiliated with start up companies) places usually smell like cat pee and are cramped.

Dec. 16, 2016, 10:01 a.m.

I tried spacekraft across from Metrotown on Kingsway and Wellington. I think it might be a little bit pricey, but it's really new and all the furniture and equipment there are top notch.

They also have skype (with webcams et all) and conference rooms available. I couldn't connect to my work VPN on their network the last time I was there though.

I just tend to suck it up and work from home; but will occasionally will find a decent coffee shop to work in for a few hours.

Library works pretty well, but really sucks when you have to make on-the-spot phone calls

Dec. 16, 2016, 10:16 a.m.

My wife has a studio space down near Main/Terminal. The top floor has shared co-working space available. I have no idea if it is a good deal or expensive, just throwing it out there.

http://www.artsfactorysociety.ca/coworking-space

Dec. 22, 2016, 2:58 p.m.

The arts factory is a good deal and is very quiet in the upper office. I think they may even have temporary offices still for rent and a board room as well. Parking is a bit of an issue though.

I may be a bit biased as I work in the scene shop there.

Beow Beow….. be be boew boew. boh boh. beow beow…… repeat:rave:

Dec. 24, 2016, 12:25 a.m.

We aren't set up as a share space.. but have considered it if you're still looking. Have LOTS of quiet private or semi private space at our offices in Vancouver.

ride a horse! 1200 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs…
but riding bikes is still fun!