Any gun owners here?

Feb. 17, 2013, 12:13 p.m.

Mine is 1942 with the same markings. Such a fun gun to shoot. I'll give you $600 and my 91/30 for your M1? :clap:

m1 doesnt belong to me lol, but it's such a fun gun to shoot, it's rechambered to 7.62x51 so he can use surplus ammunition.

Feb. 17, 2013, 6:58 p.m.

I am looking at getting my PAL and getting into hunting and shooting.

I know of places to hunt in BC ect. but where can one do some long-range outdoor target shooting around the lower mainland or within driving distances.

there is a small indoor .22 range near my house which is rad but variety is nice.

Im just trying to see what are the options to practice shooting once I get my PAL and all.

thanks y'all

Mission goes out to 300, while that isn't really long range it is the best club around.

People do have spots around here that go out to 800+ but it is unlikely you will get directions to those places on the internet. Most shooters like to keep their good spots hidden and don't talk about them much. If you start shooting regularly, you'll meet people that will be willing to help you out.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Feb. 17, 2013, 7:33 p.m.

fuck the range. There are heaps of places in squamish where you can blow holes in things all day long to your hearts content. Behind the cheif by the watertower is a pretty popular spot that is under an hour door to door from NV. Pick your damn shells up though !!!

Feb. 18, 2013, 8:37 a.m.

Mission goes out to 300, while that isn't really long range it is the best club around.

People do have spots around here that go out to 800+ but it is unlikely you will get directions to those places on the internet. Most shooters like to keep their good spots hidden and don't talk about them much. If you start shooting regularly, you'll meet people that will be willing to help you out.

we were driveing home from the Hankin ski area on a regularly used road with 4000 skier visits a year with gov signs directing the public where to come [HTML_REMOVED] ski all the way out from the hy and these dumb rednecks were parked in the middle of the road on flat open range with no backstop blasting stuff and drinking beer, be responsible [HTML_REMOVED] reasonable when you pick a place to use firearms … this was not

I think the people who seriously shoot long range know who they are, The PAL instructor in PeeG shot longrange and he told us there is or was a 1000yd range somewhere west of PeeG, he was talking hand loads and replacing rifle barrels after a certain number of shots … sounds expensive

I don't own a gun I buy my meat at safeway

Feb. 18, 2013, 10:23 a.m.

we were driveing home from the Hankin ski area on a regularly used road with 4000 skier visits a year with gov signs directing the public where to come [HTML_REMOVED] ski all the way out from the hy and these dumb rednecks were parked in the middle of the road on flat open range with no backstop blasting stuff and drinking beer, be responsible [HTML_REMOVED] reasonable when you pick a place to use firearms … this was not

I think the people who seriously shoot long range know who they are, The PAL instructor in PeeG shot longrange and he told us there is or was a 1000yd range somewhere west of PeeG, he was talking hand loads and replacing rifle barrels after a certain number of shots … sounds expensive

That is exactly why most shooters like to keep their spots quiet.

In 2010 there was a total of 1,830,542 licensed firearm owners in Canada. In 2011 another 86,740 people took the Canadian Firearm Safety Course.

There are a huge amount of shooters in Canada that are completely responsible and use their firearms regularly without doing any harm to other people.

Target rifles can be quite expensive, a total of $6000+ isn't uncommon. I've been looking at a new scope for mine in the $2800 to $3100 price range.

Here are a couple of the more expensive rifles we can buy in Canada.

This is $17,500 and still needs a $3000+ scope.

A good double rifle starts at around $12,000 and higher grades will go for well over $25,000.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Feb. 18, 2013, 11:14 a.m.

That 1000yd range was out nechako way maybe ft Fraser or SFT but of course its on the down low eh? Its been awhile but buddy was telling us they would use a bolt action remington 700 I think 7mm mag, they count how many shots have been thru cuz at a certain point (I think 100?) its considered too worn out for their app at which point the barrel gets sold to be used in a hunting rifle

I let my FAC lapse BTW IME if you use your FAC card for ID when you cross the border they might ask if you got any weapons/hassle you, to which I answered well since its harder to get than any other photo ID I thot its pretty good ID

I have nothing against the sport of shooting or hunting but some people are clueless, find a gravel pit for fucksake

somebody in my crew took buddies license # and was gona call the cops dunno if he did, you have to agree anybody stupid enough to be parking in the middle of the road on the way to a popular rec area blasting shit while drinking beer deserves a talking to … it definately looks bad for the sport of shooting

Feb. 18, 2013, 11:41 a.m.

What's the range on Lilloet road - between Capilano University and the Seymour Demonstration Forest? Is it still open?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 18, 2013, 12:28 p.m.

What's the range on Lilloet road - between Capilano University and the Seymour Demonstration Forest? Is it still open?

Nope … its gone. And so is the one off of Barnett Hwy. Don't know if it was politics or the lack of use or (for the Seymour one) the new water treatment plant. I think there was also some concern about all the heavy metals leaching out of the ground after decades of use as a gun range. (Maybe not such a great idea having a gun range several hundred near-vertical feet above a salmon-bearing waterway in a valley which is drenched in 10+ feet of rainfall every year?). Again, not sure if that was politics or somehow justified.

Feb. 18, 2013, 1:06 p.m.

Coquitlam is a popular club.

http://www.pcdhfc.com/

Here is a list of clubs in BC.

http://www.rivermenrodandgunclub.com/rod--gun-clubs-of-bc.html

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Feb. 18, 2013, 1:22 p.m.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_t5Z-YjwEs

Feb. 18, 2013, 1:48 p.m.

the 200m range at http://www.pcdhfc.com/ is nice. there is another 300m range on the other side of Burke but its at the Swiss Canadian Mountain Range Association so i think you have to be old, white, and speak German to become a member.

Feb. 18, 2013, 6:10 p.m.

Anyone know somewhere in Creston BC that I can challenge the PAL / restricted PAL test? I would rather not have to sell my guns if things go south down here.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Feb. 18, 2013, 7:13 p.m.

u gonna' die of madcow.

hard to believe u ain't got no vendor in pg/robson valley sellin' organic beef.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

fuck the range. There are heaps of places in squamish where you can blow holes in things all day long to your hearts content. Behind the cheif by the watertower is a pretty popular spot that is under an hour door to door from NV. Pick your damn shells up though !!!

Um….check the district boundaries on Squamish GIS mapping. You might be in the district there and if you are - no shooting.
Things are heating up here since a dirt biker was hit in his chest protector by a 22 cal. The buckle of the protector stopped it but the hole in his #plate from another kind of shows intent. That was Cat Lake and the shooter(s) are being charged. Cat Lake access road now has a sign - No Shooting, High recreational use area. The local C[HTML_REMOVED]E officers and the RCMP are cracking down. Some people think the old ski-lift foundation is a target area…it is not. It's within the district boundary.

u gonna' die of madcow.

hard to believe u ain't got no vendor in pg/robson valley sellin' organic beef.

i dont think they need it..

Ha Ha! Made you look.