Any car salesmen here?

Feb. 18, 2017, 12:47 p.m.

THigh mileage for year, at .

Go to Merc dealer lot's 'o year old low milage because cars because, you know, culture, man.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 18, 2017, 5:25 p.m.

Watch a few of these, from down under but I;m sure some of the advice is still valid.

People get this wrong all the time and then the car salesmen bends them over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT9u8ETYP6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJTi4Cu2yF4

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Feb. 18, 2017, 5:51 p.m.

Make sure the sales guy has your name, phone number, and what you want to pay. Walk away now and let him come to you at the end of the month if he hasn't met his target.

Feb. 18, 2017, 9:06 p.m.

I just bought a $30k used car from Auto West Infinity dealership. 0.9% financing from the dealership over 3 years on the amount I decided to borrow. I was going to borrow less, but have decided to invest the extra money instead.

Feb. 19, 2017, 8:12 a.m.

Which institution picked up the Loan?

Feb. 19, 2017, 10:05 a.m.

Make sure the sales guy has your name, phone number, and what you want to pay. Walk away now and let him come to you at the end of the month if he hasn't met his target.

a guy i used to know thought he was cool, used to write down what he wanted to pay for a car on his bus. card and just hand it to the salesman and say 'call me' and leave. i asked if it ever worked and he said no.

Feb. 19, 2017, 11:35 a.m.

Which institution picked up the Loan?

Infiniti Financial Services

Feb. 19, 2017, 12:03 p.m.

did you^^ buy an Infiniti?

Its been awhile and forget which car I was buying but the business agent at the dealer said "well you been working for ever your credit is great so I will just put your app out there and and some bank will pick it up within a few hrs …probably HKB " and they did in [HTML_REMOVED]3hrs

Feb. 19, 2017, 12:23 p.m.

a guy i used to know thought he was cool, used to write down what he wanted to pay for a car on his bus. card and just hand it to the salesman and say 'call me' and leave. i asked if it ever worked and he said no.

In a market the size of the lower mainland, I think there is enough demand that most sales people will bet that someone else will come through the door and they'll be able to get them to pay more than was written on the card.

The last time I was buying, a guy at the North Shore Automall wasn't even going to tell me his "best price" until I "committed" by making a down payment. I said was that wasn't going to happen until I knew the price, and he basically shrugged and said "have a nice day".

Feb. 19, 2017, 6:25 p.m.

The last time I was buying, a guy at the North Shore Automall wasn't even going to tell me his "best price" until I "committed" by making a down payment. I said was that wasn't going to happen until I knew the price, and he basically shrugged and said "have a nice day".

Same thing happened to me last fall at Richmond Auto Mall. Took a vehicle for a test drive, back to the dealership and told the salesman I wanted to talk numbers. They said they wouldn't unless I was "committed" to buy. I did a WTF look, got up and left.

How do I know unless I know the price?

Feb. 19, 2017, 7:13 p.m.

did you^^ buy an Infiniti?

Yes. A QX50.

Feb. 19, 2017, 8:04 p.m.

that was an easy guess, so you got great rates thru the dealer, I had the same experiance

My 1st golf I financed thru HKB at [HTML_REMOVED]8% in 2001, one year later in 2002 for whatever reason the rates had dropped and VW credit were giving great rates at closer to zero%

I needed to spend 1500$ to do the 96000km major tuneup/timingbelt/new tires OR I could trade in a 2001 golf with 96000 kms for a brand new 2002 golf, the EXACT same car and the payments would only be 10$ a month more SO for me using the dealer fiance company to buy the new car was a no brainer

I think the OP should look very hard at buying new instead of used and don't discount anybody with money to give you

Feb. 19, 2017, 8:20 p.m.

Same thing happened to me last fall at Richmond Auto Mall. Took a vehicle for a test drive, back to the dealership and told the salesman I wanted to talk numbers. They said they wouldn't unless I was "committed" to buy. I did a WTF look, got up and left.

How do I know unless I know the price?

The good news is once the BC Libs finish cleaning up the Real Estate abortion before the election they'll have the rest of 2017 to deal with car salespersons.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 20, 2017, 11:29 a.m.

I us bought a new to me 2016 Nissan Frontier in Victoria. I let them think it was a done deal and walked away for a few days until about a week before the end of the month. They wanted to make the sale bad. I found out how long the truck was on the lot and pointed that out to them, as well as the rust on the disks from lack of test drives. If you are doing a trade in haggle on the trade in value that got me the biggest drop in price. Good luck to you.

total scam. he put food before beer.