anti-olympic thugs.

May 23, 2007, 7:52 p.m.

Exactly my point. No significant improvement in the lives of majority.

More tourists, more cab drivers, same cab driver salaries, more profits for cab company. No improvement for the regular joe…

Pedro

oh i get it. you failed economics

turn off sigs…it will change your life

May 23, 2007, 9:17 p.m.

Exactly my point. No significant improvement in the lives of majority.

More tourists, more cab drivers, same cab driver salaries, more profits for cab company. No improvement for the regular joe…

Pedro

Are you suggesting that the regular joe should rely on the actions of our government ,or is it still reasonable to go out and bust your ass to make things happen?

Pastor of Muppets

May 23, 2007, 9:23 p.m.

More jobs being available is a pretty good thing, even if they're not top-paying jobs. Hell, I'm currently reaping the shit out of the benefits of there being a huge shortage in the construction industry, and that shortage is having a direct influence on the amount of money going into my pocket. I'm paying for school fairly handily because of it.

Yeah but how good is that money really going to be when you want to buy a house in 5-10 years and it's half a million for a tiny house in the suburbs?

www.gnarwhale.com

May 23, 2007, 9:28 p.m.

Yeah but how good is that money really going to be when you want to buy a house in 5-10 years and it's half a million for a tiny house in the suburbs?

Housing prices were going nuts before the Olympics were even discussed. What that money has done is let me pay for school, and hopefully use that to get some dumb job that pays me enough to pay half a million for a tiny house in the suburbs (although it's unlikely that I'd want that house anyway.).

Either way, that money puts me closer to that tiny house than not having a job would.

May 23, 2007, 9:32 p.m.

Are you suggesting that the regular joe should rely on the actions of our government ,or is it still reasonable to go out and bust your ass to make things happen?

Why bust your ass when you can do fuck-all all day except whine about how much money the government isn't giving you.

I don't buy the "mental illness" excuse. Yes, it is valid for some, but not for most. There are a lot of people who have a mental illness yet still get their ass out of bed every morning and do something constructive.

Give these people jail time. They're being housed and fed by the Feds anyway.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 23, 2007, 10:37 p.m.

The olympics will have short term benefits ie: Jobs provided by funding from both levels of government. The real benefit the long term benefit is in the facilities that our current and future athletes will use to train and hone their skills. They don't have the means to provide that for themselves, no one does. If it wasn't for the sucessful Olympic bid those facilities would be in another city or not be built at all. There will always be needy causes wanting support but are our athletes any less needy? Perhaps they should storm the offices of government to get what they want?

ha ha, I'm just livin my life man.

May 23, 2007, 10:42 p.m.

So… Can we publicly stone them yet?

Sober

May 23, 2007, 11:10 p.m.

i work hard because millions of people welfare depend on me.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

May 23, 2007, 11:11 p.m.

id pay to see the ballet dancers storm the govt offices trying to get more funding.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

May 24, 2007, 9:14 a.m.

i work hard because millions of people welfare depend on me.

A couple of them here thank you for your sacrifice.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 24, 2007, 9:15 a.m.

When the Olympic cycle is over, who and/or what will the APL and their ilk blame for poverty?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

May 24, 2007, 9:21 a.m.

When the Olympic cycle is over, who and/or what will the APL and their ilk blame for poverty?

Al Qaeda?

May 24, 2007, 9:29 a.m.

id pay to see the ballet dancers storm the govt offices trying to get more funding.

…..why did this make me think of "Fantasia" and the hippo in the Tutu????

Loud Hubs Save Lives

May 24, 2007, 9:32 a.m.

Al Qaeda?

Never met the guy.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 24, 2007, 9:37 a.m.

Al Qaeda?

George Bush?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk