anti-olympic thugs.

May 22, 2007, 1:54 p.m.

I suppose I should call them protesters - but they are thugs. In a great show of "if you don't agree with us, we're going to bitch and whine like spoiled children", they are now threatening to take their 'protests' directly to the homes of vancouver olympic officials.

Article

These thugs make me sick.

May 22, 2007, 2:22 p.m.

I would have more sympathy if they were doing more than just complaining. If it was 'the olympics have caused problem X, and we propose solution Y, but we have been ignored, so we are doing this to show how large problem X is to the public' then I'd be behind them. But they seem to just be saying 'bad things! bad things!' and are getting pissed that no one has come up with a cure-all.

This space intentionally left blank.

May 22, 2007, 2:32 p.m.

After being arrested - the chief APC'er has withdrawn that threat.

How is the APC funded?

May 22, 2007, 2:57 p.m.

How is the APC funded?

what exactly do they do that requires funding?

www.natooke.com

May 22, 2007, 3:06 p.m.

In the very least, I'd imagine getting in trouble with the police will require some money (fines to pay off, lawyer fees etc…)

:canada: :czech:

May 22, 2007, 3:07 p.m.

Suck off the public teat when they should be working.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 22, 2007, 3:07 p.m.

Don't you need money to buy molotov cocktails or do the ingredients for that get donated?

May 22, 2007, 3:17 p.m.

idiots.

May 22, 2007, 3:23 p.m.

I would happily donate to a fund to buy them all copies of The Fountainhead or some good reads by Ayn Rand or maybe George Soros.

Found something:

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:TipYKVrJtYQJ:auto_sol.tao.ca/node/view/1284+anti+poverty+committee+funding[HTML_REMOVED]hl=en[HTML_REMOVED]ct=clnk[HTML_REMOVED]cd=8[HTML_REMOVED]gl=ca[HTML_REMOVED]client=firefox-a

SOLIDARITY IS NEEDED NOW! More than ever, the APC needs your support. To
contact us, e-mail [email protected] or call 604-682-2726. If you are able to
donate financially to our legal defense fund and on-going campaigns,
please send a cheque or money order made out to the Anti-Poverty Committee,
P.O. Box 1, 12 East Hastings Street, V6A 1N1.

May 22, 2007, 3:39 p.m.

How is the APC funded?

Selling stolen bicycles.

May 22, 2007, 3:39 p.m.

The VPD just arrested David Cunningham by impersonating a news reporter. Link

Dirty trick, but its got to make you laugh!!

The APC has just gone too far as of late. I am all for civil protest and excercising your democratic rights but they are just trying way too hard to be on par with the revolutionary leaders of yesteryear.

We live in a fairly civil society now, just read something I took off their site to illustrate their overly militant attitude:

"The police and colonial powers will do everything in their power to render invisible the Native Warrior Society and minimize all forms of indigenous struggle. The fact is that the Native Warrior Society was able to strike a significant blow by stealing the enemy'

May 22, 2007, 4:08 p.m.

sorry, but the homes of the officials?

the olympics are coming, why hold the olympic officials responsible? they are doing a job

take it up with your government, losers

turn off sigs…it will change your life

May 22, 2007, 4:18 p.m.

I'm interested to see how this city pulls it off in 2010. It could end up being a big embarassment and maybe take Vancouver down a few notches in the eyes of the world.

China will hold a great summer olympics, they have the money and the infrastructure already in place and protestors would be rounded up and shot. It'll be a tough act to follow…

Us on the other hand, I'll be amazed if we can actually get everything done in time, the speed skating oval, s2s, the canada line, none of them are anywhere close to being done yet…plus these APC people are certainly going to do their best to disrupt things. I'm hoping I can point and laugh from someplace far far away. :lol:

www.natooke.com

May 22, 2007, 4:38 p.m.

I'm interested to see how this city pulls it off in 2010. It could end up being a big embarassment and maybe take Vancouver down a few notches in the eyes of the world.

You say this like Olympic protesters are a new thing that unfamiliar authorities will be surprised by and unable to handle. Not so, unwashed, undereducated protesters have been a part of almost every olympics held at any country for decades.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 22, 2007, 4:49 p.m.

China will hold a great summer olympics, they have the money and the infrastructure already in place and protestors would be rounded up and shot. It'll be a tough act to follow…

Ordinarily I think your love of all solutions China borders on the absurd. However in this case, I wholeheartedly support your suggestion that we shoot everyone in the APC.