another android vs iphone thread

April 17, 2012, 9:54 a.m.

ive been on some sort of an iphone for the last couple years and since I played with my first android phone last week i started thinking that I should jump ship. has anybody recently changed to android or vice versa? I searched threads and since there aren't any current arguments kicking I figured that maybe new hardware changed some people's outlook?
my original plan was to pick up a 4s but now I'm almost positive I'm going with a samsung note….might think about getting a htc raider if it's better.
so what d'ya kids think?

April 17, 2012, 10:05 a.m.

ive had my 3gs since its come out and still works. dont need anymore than that really

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 17, 2012, 10:44 a.m.

I have an Android and wish I had an iPhone instead. Too many times I hear about a cool app; iPhone only. Hard to find a good case because every HTC phone is a different size/shape. Sounds like iPhones have better customer service and better chance of getting it replaced when it breaks too.

April 17, 2012, 10:51 a.m.

From what I understand, your experience with Android can vary wildly depending on the handset so try to find someone that has already bought the one you are looking at.

I had a Samsung Galaxy Captivate and switched to the iPhone 4. The iPhone was light years better but I believe this was due to some Galaxy specific issues (you had to charge it for 24hrs after each software update or it basically imploded). I have friends who had the Captivate 2 and didn't have nearly so many problems.

April 17, 2012, 10:52 a.m.

I switched from an iphone 3g to a Samsung Galaxy S2. Couldn't be happier. Takes a day or two to get used the operating system over an iphone but once you do, there's way more customization you can do to set it up for yourself.

Visiting Flash websites is a treat, as is the speed of this thing. It's quick, even out here in the sticks it is almost as fast over the mobile network a wifi.

Being able to just drag and drop movies, songs and photos is great too. Don't have to deal with itunes.

It's also way thinner than the iphone, even with the Otterbox on it.

April 17, 2012, 11:20 a.m.

I have an Android tablet, and an iPhone 4s.
Bottom line, once flash starts to work on the apple components, I'll be a committed Apple user.

April 17, 2012, 11:21 a.m.

isnt flash dead anyways?

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 17, 2012, 11:39 a.m.

It should be soon.
but like anything, it could take time to be completely updated. I mean, some guys here are still using IE3.

:lol:

April 17, 2012, 11:43 a.m.

From what I understand, your experience with Android can vary wildly depending on the handset so try to find someone that has already bought the one you are looking at.

Exactly.

For me personally, I prefer Android since it's more customizable out of the box and no need to do everything through iTunes. I would suggest if you do go Android, get an 'official' Google phone like a Galaxy Nexus or Nexus S (a year old now). Having used an iPhone in the past they also work great, I just prefer Android.

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

April 17, 2012, 12:23 p.m.

i dropped from an Iphone to a droid and havent even a single time wished id not bothered..

everything the Droid does compared to the iphone it does better/faster..

and it stays turned on, which was something my fucken iphone refused to do.. POS apple..

i have a samsung Galaxy infuse btw. but if i were shopping today id get the new samsung Note.. that thing is awesome, but it is LARGE.. but you get used to it. my infuse is quite large compared to an iphone but i love the screen size. so its worth it.

April 17, 2012, 12:56 p.m.

I have run iPhone 4s and the Samsung Galaxy S2. Both of them were stock and later jailbroken/rooted. Android hands down. Especially with the release of Android 4.0. Whether talking stock or rooted, iPhones are sort of funny after becoming accustomed to Android. They feel like play phones.

I would caution you about one thing.

All Android phones are not equal and comparing them all to a new iphone is not appropriate. I'd stick with high end Samsung such as the Note or the Galaxy S2 (or wait for the S3) or the new Nexus.

April 17, 2012, 1:46 p.m.

I have an Android and wish I had an iPhone instead. Too many times I hear about a cool app; iPhone only. Hard to find a good case because every HTC phone is a different size/shape. Sounds like iPhones have better customer service and better chance of getting it replaced when it breaks too.

This is my biggest complaint about android. If the droid manufacturers made a standard template for their phones, then they could boost sales on the strength of the aftermarket add-ons that would become available, which is a market segment apple is monopolosing right now.

April 17, 2012, 1:57 p.m.

I think the consensus is: don't get a cheap android phone, it's like buying an Acer or a Dell and it will piss you off within a short amount of time.

flickr

April 17, 2012, 2:14 p.m.

I bought an LG Andriod phone a few months ago. It works well, fast, battery life isn't great but there are apps that help. biggest beef I have is the durability. Coming from a blackberry that was nearly indestructible I was really suprised when the LG screen cracked after being dropped off the kitchen table.

April 17, 2012, 2:15 p.m.

I think the consensus is: don't get a cheap android phone, it's like buying an Acer or a Dell and it will piss you off within a short amount of time.

Amen … I have an HTC Wildfire S and I fin hate it … hate the handset, not necessarily the OS. The touch screen has a mind of its own .. sometimes it works, lots of times it doesn't … try hanging up after your call ends when the touchscreen doesn't work .. it's a FIN PITA. I will stick with Android but get a Samsung handset next time.

:canada: :england: