Android vs. iOS

April 16, 2015, 6:19 p.m.

I've never understood itunes hate

www.natooke.com

April 17, 2015, 5:12 a.m.

I've never understood itunes hate

One of us would explain it, but with you as a "Flames fan", there really is no point.

;)

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

April 17, 2015, 7:20 a.m.

/thread

April 17, 2015, 11:51 a.m.

I'll say! Apple has done a great job of convincing their fans that they are the only provider that can do things that are actually pretty ubiquitous.

so say when someone calls you on your android phone, can you take the call on your windows/mac pc? can you text someone back on your windows/mac pc?

April 17, 2015, 11:53 a.m.

I have a Note 4 and still can't get Lollipop.

tbh you dont want it….

i got it the other day for my Note 3..

it feels WAYYY to must like its trying to be a Apple OS.:swearing:

April 17, 2015, 11:59 a.m.

so say when someone calls you on your android phone, can you take the call on your windows/mac pc? can you text someone back on your windows/mac pc?

Actually, yes.

Great job reinforcing KenN's point.

April 17, 2015, 12:15 p.m.

without installing anything? right out of the box?

April 17, 2015, 12:16 p.m.

The spec of Apple hardware is embarrassing when compared alongside Android equivalents. However, in my opinion the quality of the Android experience varies greatly with the hardware. I had a Droid razr HD (made and sold during the period that Motorola was owned by Google) that was an absolute piece. It would constantly overheat, crash and stall, and battery life was sporadic at best. I tried numerous tricks to fix it to no avail, until one day it just refused to boot up.

In contrast, I now have a Nexus 5 which is far from state of the art these days and it's fantastic. Smooth and fast. Everything working as intended. Interfaces with my Samsung TV and does all that I ask of it. Also, drag and drop file compatibility with Ubuntu, exactly as it should be.

April 17, 2015, 1:15 p.m.

Do you not install anything on your macbook or your iPhone?

April 17, 2015, 2:05 p.m.

So a brand new iPhone user wouldn't have to install iTunes on their PC/Mac?

There is very little that ANY premium smartphone can do that other premium smartphones can't do as well. Be it Apple or Android.

FYI, I've been sending and receiving texts on my PC for well over four years now, I've been making phone calls on my cell through my PC since 2013.

April 17, 2015, 2:34 p.m.

Why does anyone make calls on their computer?

April 17, 2015, 2:56 p.m.

Why does anyone make calls on their computer?

I've done it several times for long conference calls. Much better volume from PC speakers than from my handset.

April 17, 2015, 4:52 p.m.

I can't wait until the iPhone gets OEM wireless charging so we can all here about this great new game changing feature :lol:

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

April 18, 2015, 1:54 a.m.

So a brand new iPhone user wouldn't have to install iTunes on their PC/Mac?

There is very little that ANY premium smartphone can do that other premium smartphones can't do as well. Be it Apple or Android.

FYI, I've been sending and receiving texts on my PC for well over four years now, I've been making phone calls on my cell through my PC since 2013.

but you needed to make it work by yourself. that's the difference. you can always tinker something together by yourself, but how many ppl do that outside of the enthusiasts world? at some point in your life you want it to just work out of the box, that's at least how i feel about it. configuring stuff isn't something the user should be bothered with imho.

April 18, 2015, 3:48 a.m.

Computers can do an amazing amount of things, and a lot are highly configurable (on purpose) so that they have flexibility for new programming and configurations. Home computers have been popular for a decade or two, do there's a new generation that is much more savvy with their use.

If you want something that is basic and "just works out of the box", buy a toaster.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells