Android vs. iOS

April 15, 2015, 2:29 p.m.

Can iOS transfer files via wifi?

made the switch to android. Never going back

April 15, 2015, 4:53 p.m.

Probably been done before, but here goes….

My iphone died yesterday, never to be recovered. I hate iTunes with all my heart and would love to never see it again. Is Android just as good or better? NO one I know uses it so I've never had a chance to check it out or get trusted feedback.

If you were getting a new phone tomorrow, what would it be?

I just got a new S6 for me and a new iPhone for my lady friend. We've gone from iPhone to Android to iPhone and Android.

They both suck equally, but for different reasons for the most part.

Just be really fucking careful on what apps you install on your phone. Like really fucking careful. If you can use the web, use the web instead.

April 15, 2015, 5:23 p.m.

everyone I know with an android blah blahs about how awesome it is while constantly fucking with it

everyone I know with an iphone just uses it

April 15, 2015, 7:06 p.m.

Android 5.1 lollipop is the best mobile os. Fast, and is intuitive and flexible. I have an iOS 8.3 device too, but the android 5.1is hands down better in my opinion. I am running a HTC M8. With 5.1 ROM.

April 15, 2015, 7:51 p.m.

everyone I know with an android blah blahs about how awesome it is while constantly fucking with it

everyone I know with an iphone just uses it

We must live in different worlds, my experience is the exact opposite :lol:

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

April 15, 2015, 8:12 p.m.

Had an Android and now have an iPhone. I preferred the functionality of the samsung. Android lets you do what you want. Apple tries to ram everything down your throat.

April 15, 2015, 9:47 p.m.

downside to android is not all devices receive the latest updates right away

April 16, 2015, 6:58 a.m.

Thanks for all the responses and info. I learned a lot from you guys. Turns out I have insurance so they are sending a new iPhone today.

When I qualify for a new phone I am going to try Android. I'm too low-tech to utilize either device to its full potential, but I could die a happy man if I never had to go in to iTunes again.

Libre? Libre como el vienta……

April 16, 2015, 7:03 a.m.

or ever if your phone is older than like 1 model.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 16, 2015, 9:12 a.m.

I have a Note 4 and still can't get Lollipop.

April 16, 2015, 9:29 a.m.

well it should come out soon. My S4 on telus just got it last night

April 16, 2015, 10:03 a.m.

So just because some device vendors and/or carrier sucks, that makes Android suck?

If latest [HTML_REMOVED] greatest is always important to you, then buy a Nexus from Google - they pushed it my way within a few days of it first being released into the wild, and notified my wife's Nexus4 a few weeks later.

TBH, I was pretty happy with 4.x I was running before, and probably wouldn't even have bothered updating if I had realized how much was changed. Wifey is happily ignoring the update and still running ICS with no issues at all, entirely her choice whether she upgrades or not. Nice to have options. I recall friends with iphones complaining that apple had basically bricked their 2 year old phones by pushing IOS updates that their slightly dated hardware couldn't handle, and it sounded like there was no opting out with IOS, not sure. Didn't seem to matter much, every one of my friends switched to droid for their next phones and nobody has made any noises about switching back, they all seem pretty happy.

April 16, 2015, 10:23 a.m.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Alpha, after 7 years as a blackberry user (corporate environment, yes it makes a difference)

Android is OK, but touchscreen keyboards suck monkey balls, and the spellcheck/autocorrect is atrocious compared to blackberry, so bad I turned it off completely.

Battery life is sorta OK with the Galaxy Alpha, with moderate power saving enabled I can squeeze out 2 days at work without a charge but with the BBq10 I would get 3-4 days before I would think about plugging it in and that was bad compared to older BB models like the torch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

April 16, 2015, 10:30 a.m.

So just because some device vendors and/or carrier sucks, that makes Android suck?

If latest [HTML_REMOVED] greatest is always important to you, then buy a Nexus from Google - they pushed it my way within a few days of it first being released into the wild, and notified my wife's Nexus4 a few weeks later.

TBH, I was pretty happy with 4.x I was running before, and probably wouldn't even have bothered updating if I had realized how much was changed. Wifey is happily ignoring the update and still running ICS with no issues at all, entirely her choice whether she upgrades or not. Nice to have options. I recall friends with iphones complaining that apple had basically bricked their 2 year old phones by pushing IOS updates that their slightly dated hardware couldn't handle, and it sounded like there was no opting out with IOS, not sure. Didn't seem to matter much, every one of my friends switched to droid for their next phones and nobody has made any noises about switching back, they all seem pretty happy.

If I wanted a Nexus I would have bought one. The Note 4 is the latest and greatest and waiting for releases is one of the downsides of most Android phones, but I never said Android sucks. iPhones get the update right away and it is optional unlike what you have heard.

Reach down your pants, tug your panties out of your crack and thank me later. They are just phones.

April 16, 2015, 11:50 a.m.

If you were getting a new phone tomorrow, what would it be?

I'm currently looking for a used Nexus 4 that I will load Android 5.1 onto.

If anyone has one they want to get rid of, PM me!