Android vs. iOS

April 15, 2015, 7:45 a.m.

Probably been done before, but here goes….

My iphone died yesterday, never to be recovered. I hate iTunes with all my heart and would love to never see it again. Is Android just as good or better? NO one I know uses it so I've never had a chance to check it out or get trusted feedback.

If you were getting a new phone tomorrow, what would it be?

Libre? Libre como el vienta……

April 15, 2015, 7:54 a.m.

Probably been done before, but here goes….

If you were getting a new phone tomorrow, what would it be?

A used Apple.

April 15, 2015, 8:03 a.m.

droid…

ive been on it for years now.

had a iphone before. ill never go back the droid simply does everything better and gives u tons of options u dont get from apple

April 15, 2015, 9:16 a.m.

I switched last fall and there are things I miss from ios, but overall I prefer Android. It's not just the OS, you have way more phones to choose from and with my Note 4 I can upgrade memory in 2 minutes. If you are a bit of a geek, go with Android.

April 15, 2015, 9:27 a.m.

Neither is perfect, of course. Android if you want to be able to tweak your phone and apps to the cutting edge. IOS if you just want to be catered to. Android is like the gourmet kitchen, IOS the buffet.

April 15, 2015, 9:35 a.m.

Ios vs droid is a tough one.. Not really if you have OTHER apple products though.
A droid phone is still just a good smartphone.
However if you have apple tv's , a mac mini running a flat screen tv an iphone becomes the master controller for everything. I use my 6 plus iphone as game controller with the appletv and tv, a mobile mouse, a touch pad, a stylus, slide show controller and on and on.
The apple "ecosystem" is safer than droid too. Droid apps are not screened like apple apps and have been know to do some bad things like steal personal info and send back to "hacker thief developer"
itunes is complicated like voodoo I agree though.

April 15, 2015, 9:53 a.m.

Ios vs droid is a tough one.. Not really if you have OTHER apple products though.
A droid phone is still just a good smartphone.
However if you have apple tv's , a mac mini running a flat screen tv an iphone becomes the master controller for everything. I use my 6 plus iphone as game controller with the appletv and tv, a mobile mouse, a touch pad, a stylus, slide show controller and on and on.

If you don't already have all those other Apple products the same things can be done with an Android phone and other Google products. Actually, a lot of other company's products too. To say an Android phone is 'just a good smartphone' while the iPhone can do all these other things is a bit weird since an Android phone can do all those things too (although maybe, surprise surprise, not with Apple products).

Both are great operating systems. I have owned both and prefer Android OS but I'm not going to say iOS is crap because it certainly isn't. Apart from the OS I also prefer the choices you get with Android as far as products go.

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

April 15, 2015, 10:07 a.m.

I went back to iOS not because of the operating system but because of hardware quality. I was not impressed with my flagship Samsung phone.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 15, 2015, 10:14 a.m.

Just came back to IOS after a few years of Android, love it, don't miss Android at all. Simply don't have the time or care to fuck around with my phone. I'd agree that it's not as tweak-able as the Android, but everything I need is there and it just works.

Would say that apple does a better job of supporting their hardware over the longer term for OS upgrades. Your kind of at the mercy of your hardware vendor for providing updates, and unless you want to play around with Cyangenamod.

April 15, 2015, 10:16 a.m.

If you don't already have all those other Apple products the same things can be done with an Android phone and other Google products. Actually, a lot of other company's products too. To say an Android phone is 'just a good smartphone' while the iPhone can do all these other things is a bit weird since an Android phone can do all those things too (although maybe, surprise surprise, not with Apple products).

Both are great operating systems. I have owned both and prefer Android OS but I'm not going to say iOS is crap because it certainly isn't. Apart from the OS I also prefer the choices you get with Android as far as products go.

I find my Android plays with others far better than iOS. Part of the reason I switched is I hated being stuck in the Apple ecosystem and since the only other Apple product I owned was a first gen iPad it was easy to leave.

April 15, 2015, 10:32 a.m.

Neither is perfect, of course. Android if you want to be able to tweak your phone and apps to the cutting edge. IOS if you just want to be catered to. Android is like the gourmet kitchen, IOS the buffet.

This would be a pretty good summary of my feelings. I switched back to Apple because I just want my phone to work. I found the Android phone was good for the first year but after that had no end of hardware problems.

I also hate iTunes but I paid the $37 and put my music in the cloud and have maybe opened iTunes once in the last year. Haven't had any issues with it interfacing with other things in the house and the only other Apple device we have is the wife's iPad.

April 15, 2015, 10:44 a.m.

I'll say! Apple has done a great job of convincing their fans that they are the only provider that can do things that are actually pretty ubiquitous.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

April 15, 2015, 10:45 a.m.

Android all the way. So many more benefits.

viperfunk.com

April 15, 2015, 10:47 a.m.

No experience with IOS, had droid for 4 years, I don't mess with it, it does what is says on the box and has been very reliable.

The reason I went with android over apple in the first place was very simple, I wanted to be able to delete, drag and drop with ease, not have to use iTunes and I could play any movie format I wanted (easily).

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

April 15, 2015, 11:14 a.m.

I'll say! Apple has done a great job of convincing their fans that they are the only provider that can do things that are actually pretty ubiquitous.

For sure, they are very good at that. Don't know how many times I've had friends excitedly show me some 'new feature' or functionality their iPhone has that's been available on Android for 6 months or a year already. I always get a chuckle out of it.

One of the biggest advantages with Apple stuff is that they have control over the hardware. It's also their biggest disadvantage. I've stuck with Nexus branded phones for several years now and have had pretty much zero issues.

Both OS's are great, hardware varies. The problem comes when people start comparing a $700 iPhone to a $150 Android phone.

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."