Andrew Cho

Jan. 23, 2017, 10:08 a.m.

Are you saying we should prioritise certain members of society over others?

I'm not advocating for that.

If a doctor and a teacher have a heart attack at the same time, who should we respond to first?

How about a lawyer and a garbage man?

What if that junkie was your daughter?

This carfentanil crisis is putting everybody at risk is all i'm saying and this a dangerous sad state of affairs.
Having had to wait a lot of extra time for an ambulance brought from coquitlam to Nvan because of lack of resources while my wife was laying on the floor in medical distress of not her doing unable to speak, I know what it feels like.

Triage | Triage Definition by Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/triage
Medical Definition of triage. 1: the sorting of and allocation of treatment to patients and especially battle and disaster victims according to a system of priorities designed to maximize the number of survivors. 2: the sorting of patients (as in an emergency room) according to the urgency of their need for care.

I have a very good friend who is an paramedic he spends ALL his time practically trying to save the same group of addicts over and over while regular folks wait for help they can't get in a timely fashion.

IF my daughter was an addict I would damn well make sure she got the help she needed myself and would not be living on the street.

We need some sort hospital that all these addicts can go to get clean and function as citizens instead drugged out zombies draining our medical system.
We are in crisis

Jan. 23, 2017, 10:27 a.m.

yeah welcome to BC we put our junkies ahead of productive members of society

That's a pretty shitty thing to say. All human life has value. Even a mentally ill junkie in the DTES. I guess in this new world order though I'm going to have to get used to hearing people be so vocal and apathetic on the internet. The truth is no one gets special treatment in BC. If there is 10 ambulances and 15 calls then someone has to wait. You know there is no preferential treatment for junkies so why would you say something like that? We have a massive crisis on our hands that is killing hundreds of people and that is going to put an unnecessary load on the system. Until we solve that problem it's going to affect everyone (hello re-open Riverview Hospital). Junkies and productive people alike. Sorry Mike. I know you're an otherwise pretty nice guy but I have to call you out on this one.

Jan. 23, 2017, 11:12 a.m.

I would really appreciate if this thread were reserved for the original title. I think the discussion should be in a different thread.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer