An Observation

June 6, 2013, 4:27 p.m.

NBR used to be a very busy place, full of friendly folks and fun topics. Now it seems to have been reduced to around the same 20 or so posting much of the time. My thoughts are that there is a hatred for anyone who is a Christian or of any type of a right wing view. They are constantly attacked by people that I wont name,yet I am sure you know who they are.They are attacked viciously,repeatedly and without any care as to their opinions, and that is what has driven away people and stopped many from posting.

Post something anti Christian and it is all good, post anything anti Islam and you are a bigot, and it then turns into a Christian/right wing bashing thread regardless.

Sad to see this has happened, how do we fix it and make NBR fun again.

I fully expect to be attacked for posting this, but that will only further prove my point.

June 6, 2013, 4:42 p.m.

if anything I would say there are less a bunch of idiots hanging out than back in the day or maybe they grew up or maybe they just got older or maybe I am more of an idiot …which usually gets more rep

IMO there are lots of right wingers here probably more than not but this probably would depend on yer POV

I have never seen any religion as being very much fun in any case Christianity isn't supposed to be fun its original purpose was to control you and it still is, the pastor is the head of the church he controls the flock specificly the men the men control the women nobody is very happy

a counselor was telling me the other day a lot of unhappiness in christian families

June 6, 2013, 4:42 p.m.

It's summer

Everyone other than the regular 20 are out riding bikes and having fun.

June 6, 2013, 4:46 p.m.

A quick scan of topics doesn't support your observation. Maybe you have just been reading more of the offending threads rather than skimming past them?

Plus you are clearly some sort of right wing christian crusader out looking for something to be outraged at. So that proves your point maybe?

I like NBR because I can get info on anything from bacon to boobs!

Cheers Ben

June 6, 2013, 4:46 p.m.

I fully expect to be attacked for posting this, but that will only further prove my point.

:lol: Oh, so if anyone disagrees, that just proves your point? Great way to start a discussion.

I have found myself being far less interested in the NSMB forums, not because of any sort of bias towards any one group or another, but simply because it's become a lot more of a toxic environment. A few years ago, one member's disagreement with another was just that, a disagreement. Everyone would just agree to disagree and move on, forgive and forget. You didn't have to fear wading into an intense debate because it stayed contained, people didn't follow you around from thread to thread constantly picking at you. It seems that now when a couple of members disagree, everyone piles on and it's no longer contained in a thread or two, it spans multiple threads and just carries on and on and on.

This thread is actually an example of it, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not (clearly directed at KenN). When did NBR become so passive aggressive? Time to put on the big boy pants and move on. Keep the debates contained in their respective threads and don't take it so personally when someone disagrees with you.

My $0.02

June 6, 2013, 4:48 p.m.

NBR used to be a very busy place, full of friendly folks and fun topics. Now it seems to have been reduced to around the same 20 or so posting much of the time. My thoughts are that there is a hatred for anyone who is a Christian or of any type of a right wing view. They are constantly attacked by people that I wont name,yet I am sure you know who they are.They are attacked viciously,repeatedly and without any care as to their opinions, and that is what has driven away people and stopped many from posting.

Post something anti Christian and it is all good, post anything anti Islam and you are a bigot, and it then turns into a Christian/right wing bashing thread regardless.

And don't forget the hatred toward anyone who opposes sexually suggestive images being posted throughout NBR.

June 6, 2013, 5:04 p.m.

I brought the cheese

June 6, 2013, 5:49 p.m.

Do you see yourself as part of this infamous 20? Or have you been above all that which you criticize?

June 6, 2013, 5:56 p.m.

Do you see yourself as part of this infamous 20? Or have you been above all that which you criticize?

Not above anyone…well maybe KenN :) But only because he is so mean.

June 6, 2013, 6:24 p.m.

What's your stance on Liberal supporters?

Pastor of Muppets

June 6, 2013, 6:30 p.m.

there has always been team nsmb gang bang.. lately it does seem a bit rougher.

i dont actually come to nbr looking for anything of value. more like a jerry springer show …

a couple of the other forums can yield good intel…

June 6, 2013, 6:44 p.m.

Some of my best friends are Libbys…

June 6, 2013, 7:16 p.m.

Now it seems to have been reduced to around the same 20 or so posting much of the time. My thoughts are that there is a hatred for anyone who is a Christian or of any type of a right wing view. They are constantly attacked by people that I wont name,yet I am sure you know who they are.They are attacked viciously,repeatedly and without any care as to their opinions, and that is what has driven away people and stopped many from posting.

All I can say is that you and I clearly have very different ideas of some key word definitions, including, but not limited to;

-attack
-hatred
-vicious.

If a topic interests me, I post something. If you don't agree with my post, you're free to debate an alternative position. I welcome an honest debate - it's good fun and often enlightening for everyone. Just because my position differs from yours doesn't make it a vicious attack motivated by hatred.

What I don't like is when people can't grasp the difference between their opinions, their assumptions and genuine facts. You can assume and opine all you want, but don't try to sell it as factual.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 6, 2013, 7:28 p.m.

Well, be the change you want to see in other people.

If I measured the tone of your post correctly, you don't like meanness. I suggest you start by not being mean and people will eventually follow suit. Those that don't can easily be put on ignore.

June 6, 2013, 7:38 p.m.

Are you referring to Provincial or Federal?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/