All Things Canuck (We be golfing now)

April 14, 2006, 6:03 a.m.

bye bye bert…..

It wouldn't have mattered anyway. My boys from Ottawa (or my other boys from Montreal) are going all the way!
Go Ottreal!

freakin squamish hicks that can't even get pogey right. go back to your meth pipe

April 14, 2006, 7:22 a.m.

Everyone knows even if they did make it they would lose first round to Detroit and have the same inconsistant team next year. The players I can see staying for sure are Allen, Auld, Sedins, Cooke, Linden, Ruutu, Morrison, Ohlund, Carter, Weinrich and Kesler. Can anyone spot the reason why I picked these players?

April 14, 2006, 8:24 a.m.

ok, here is a summary of the canucks in the last 10 years:

first 10 games kick ass, fans get on band wagon.
game 11-70 canucks start to progressively get worse, losing streaks common, fans have that nervous "they'll come back smile"
70-end of season they launch a comeback, which usually has them a) not making the play-offs, or b) being eliminated in the first round (with some minor exceptions). fans off bandwagon, slag team through summer.

i don't bother with hockey anymore. the mighty ducks killed it.

Well, well I been movin' down to Florida.
And I'm gonna bowl me a perfect game.
Well I'm gonna cut off my leg down in Florida, child.
And I'm gonna dance one-legged off in the rain.

April 14, 2006, 8:49 a.m.

Everyone knows even if they did make it they would lose first round to Detroit and have the same inconsistant team next year. The players I can see staying for sure are Allen, Auld, Sedins, Cooke, Linden, Ruutu, Morrison, Ohlund, Carter, Weinrich and Kesler. Can anyone spot the reason why I picked these players?

I dont know if things have changed or not. But last I checked the Sedins contract ended this year. And if we dont get rid of Burt and Nazy(whos gonna take them and for what), there is enough room do to the salary cap to keep these players. Because you know other teams will be offering more money than the Canucks can offer.

Lets just hope they both got wives and good friends here and like them enough to stay.

April 14, 2006, 9:44 a.m.

I'm jumpin in late but my reaction last night was kind of muted, much like the whole Canucks season. If I hear one more analyst bring up those 6 games against the Blues I'm gonna scream.

It would have been nice to not have been bit by the injury bug but if Cloutier had stayed healthy, I can't help but wonder how the season would have ended. Auld as a rookie wasn't able to steal games and like his durability or not Cloutier stood on his head on occasion.

Who re-signs might come down to how big the bump in the salary cap is. Jovo, Carter and the Sedin's for sure. I can see Naslund back but I'm willing to bet Bobby Clarke pulls the trigger on a trade for Bert in the offseason. He's made plays for Bert before so I can see that happening. I bet they start the season off with Cloutier and see who is available in November.

As to Crawford. He's on thin ice. I think he'll stay but at the first sign of trouble I bet he's on his ass and we have a Sutter for a coach.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

April 14, 2006, 9:58 a.m.

^^^^ good point everyone was getting hurt all over the place.

As much as I don't always agree with Tim Allen when it comes to hockey I respect that he, like myself, is a loyal fan and I'm not going to tear into them too badly.

Lets just forget about hockey for a few months and come October be ready to support our team again. :beer: :canada:

www.natooke.com

April 14, 2006, 10:34 a.m.

Ha.

April 14, 2006, 10:40 a.m.

Trade Carney too. He made way too many mistakes.

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

April 14, 2006, 10:41 a.m.

Ha.

Ya thats super funny! Who are you cheering for?

chad

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

April 14, 2006, 10:46 a.m.

Ya thats super funny! Who are you cheering for?

chad

The Whalers.

April 14, 2006, 10:51 a.m.

:lol: we just got Carney!

yes and we only needed him to sub in for Jovo. we don't need him now

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

April 14, 2006, 10:53 a.m.

Lets Go Rangers!!!

[HTML_REMOVED]3 Jagr

DEANER + BABIES = DEANER EATING BABIES

April 14, 2006, 3:24 p.m.

Not the brightest are we?

I thought it was quite insightful of the greek. I think maybe you are not the brightest bulb in the knife drawer.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

April 14, 2006, 3:28 p.m.

:lol: we just got Carney!

Whose "we" there Cheech?

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

April 14, 2006, 3:31 p.m.

The Sedins are merely maturing. They were always talented, but were wimpier than whit ri0t's dick.

Is that why the come out of the corner with the puck more than any other line on the team? They ARE strong along the boards but the "sisters" fad has hung around with the fair-weather Vancouver fan club.