Alex Pro?

July 31, 2013, 12:50 p.m.

Yeah, forget about the destruction of private property - we should be greatful for the publicity he brought to our city.

I have not forgotten about it, I just don't feel the need to rally the angry mob 2-1/2 years later to go after one of the few people that actually got nailed. When the riots happened I wanted to see justice and see people charged, and he was charged. I am sure it screwed his ambitions to some degree as well. Should we tattoo it on his forehead? If he still pisses you off so much tell him about it.

Aug. 1, 2013, 10:03 a.m.

Yep - looks like he pled guilty

I for one respect a man who is willing to own up to his mistakes (or Misteaks). Even though the internet lawyer in me hates that sentencings pay so much less than trials.

Good luck Mr. Pro, I look forward to seeing you on your bike again soon.

Excuse me counsellor but a good lawyer keeps you OUT of court

You get 2 good lawyers they cut a deal everybody wins and I would bet buddies lawyer advised him to cut a deal

The last thing I want to spend my pension check on is the payments on my lawyers BMW OR up here … a Duramx PU

Aug. 1, 2013, 10:08 a.m.

Excuse me counsellor but a good lawyer keeps you OUT of court

I think you may have missed out on the satirical nature of the post.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Aug. 1, 2013, 2:15 p.m.

Yes, subtle satire was subtle.

I have no knowledge of what went down - or what all he is pleading to. There is an intention registered on all counts however, so far it looks like he has only pleaded to the riot count. This is sometimes done if the defense and/or the crown want to get a pre-sentence report before the judge. A pre-sentence report can only be done if the accused has been found/pleaded guilty. A good psr may be enough for the Crown to stay the other charges.

The test crown uses to decide to proceed with or alternatively stay charges has two parts:
- is there a substantial likelihood of conviction
- is it in the public interest.

If, for example, they know they can't prove one of the elements of theft - they would probably stay that charge before sentencing. If on the other hand they think they can, but the purposes of sentencing (rehabilitation and denunciation for example) have already been met - they can stay the charges as well.

In any event, he will get his sentence and hopefully move on with his life.

Aug. 1, 2013, 2:58 p.m.

I've seen him up in Whistler (don't know him but recognized him). I believe he now leads a non public life. He still shreds pretty hard.

He has definitely lost more than most of the rioters, plead guilty, and accepted the punishment.

Story is kind of over. This will only be a thread of people repeating previously stated sentiments. No one will argue that he didn't fuck up, so saying why or how you think he fucked up is pretty useless, and you're probably only repeating something you have already said in a previous thread.

Yep, rioters piss me off just as much as everyone else but Alex is a good friend of mine. We all do dumb shit when were drunk and he's lost way more than most of the rioters. One shitty mistake with some huge consequences. He's still out there shredding and working hard, just keeping things low key. Time to get over it everyone.

I ride bikes for nsmb.com, chromag, dissent labs, and I like to have fun! http://instagram.com/markymath

Aug. 2, 2013, 2:28 p.m.

Agreed, I didn't like it either but it's water under the bridge

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Aug. 2, 2013, 2:34 p.m.

Y We all do dumb shit when were drunk and he's lost way more than most of the rioters.

Agreed we should move on.

However saying we all do dumb shit when we are drunk is giving these dumb asses a cop out. I have never flipped over someone's car because I was drunk.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Aug. 2, 2013, 3:04 p.m.

How it works now is that an outraged public caught the rioters and they will decide how much is enough maybe at some point buddy has paid his dues but social media will make the call becauz buddy was caught by an outraged public who will continue to be outraged for as long as they want

so who in their right mind is gona riot next time when suddenly social media has made it impossible to hide …nobody

Aug. 2, 2013, 3:12 p.m.

Yep, rioters piss me off just as much as everyone else but Alex is a good friend of mine. We all do dumb shit when were drunk and he's lost way more than most of the rioters. One shitty mistake with some huge consequences. He's still out there shredding and working hard, just keeping things low key. Time to get over it everyone.

He's lost more than most of the rioters? You know what the rest have lost? Regardless, that's not an excuse.

You want to stick your neck out, be prepared to have it chopped off. You want to do something criminal, be prepared to have it stay with you for life. Welcome to reality, where your actions mean something, like they should.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 2, 2013, 3:39 p.m.

I have never flipped over someone's car because I was drunk.

Then you haven't truly lived.

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 2, 2013, 4:08 p.m.

so we're not moving past this after all?

Aug. 2, 2013, 4:11 p.m.

There will always be stupid people doing stupid shit(as the saying goes "to be old and wise, you must be first young and stupid), but what I found the worst was the thousands of people either cheering the idiots on or doing nothing.

This thread was done 2 years ago….time to move on.

Aug. 2, 2013, 4:44 p.m.

so who in their right mind is gona riot next time when suddenly social media has made it impossible to hide …nobody

maybe ask those gnarly surfer brahs in Huntington Beach?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 2, 2013, 4:48 p.m.

There will always be stupid people doing stupid shit(as the saying goes "to be old and wise, you must be first young and stupid), but what I found the worst was the thousands of people either cheering the idiots on or doing nothing.

This thread was done 2 years ago….time to move on.

If it's done, why post?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 2, 2013, 4:50 p.m.

True enough.

although I did wait 3 days and only posted when it came back a second time…..I'm weak.