Alcohol tolerance

March 3, 2013, 3:21 p.m.

Holy cow am I a lightweight lately. Drank 8 beers last night over the course of about 8 hours and woke up puking today. Went for a ride but was all janky and generally felt depleted. I'm 32 so I guess it's an age thing? Plus I don't drink to often so maybe that's part of the problem. Anyone else feeling the same?

March 3, 2013, 3:31 p.m.

It only gets worse.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 3, 2013, 3:34 p.m.

Yeah that's the general consensus among those I've asked. Still though my body should able to deal with it better.

March 3, 2013, 3:42 p.m.

10 steps to accomplish that, based on my observations:

1) If you aren't married - start there, get married - but make sure she's somebody that you lust after with no other emotions
2) If you are married, start picking out the annoying things about your wife.
3) Dwell on the negatives in your marriage, forgive nothing.
4) Begin referring to wife as "old lady", comment openly about the sexual attractiveness of that 18 year old girl jogging past your picture window.
5) Drink beer in the garage, tell her to get out if she comes in. Start with 3/day.
6) As she grows tired of this behavior, remind her that you're the boss and up your consumption to 6/day.
7) She's probably going to yell at you sometime around now - you don't deserve that shit. Invite buddies over to play poker in the garage, up consumption to 7/day.
8) When she files for divorce, begin steadily drinking around the house until the separation is complete. If she tries to kick you out, practice phrases like "I paid for this".
9) You're on your own now - switch to whiskey, it's easier on heartburn. If you've followed the above steps you'll be able to handle the three bottles/ week that you'll need to hide your pain.
10) Now you're all healed up and a barely functional alcoholic - enjoy it!

March 3, 2013, 3:48 p.m.

10 steps to accomplish that, based on my observations:

1) If you aren't married - start there, get married - but make sure she's somebody that you lust after with no other emotions
2) If you are married, start picking out the annoying things about your wife.
3) Dwell on the negatives in your marriage, forgive nothing.
4) Begin referring to wife as "old lady", comment openly about the sexual attractiveness of that 18 year old girl jogging past your picture window.
5) Drink beer in the garage, tell her to get out if she comes in. Start with 3/day.
6) As she grows tired of this behavior, remind her that you're the boss and up your consumption to 6/day.
7) She's probably going to yell at you sometime around now - you don't deserve that shit. Invite buddies over to play poker in the garage, up consumption to 7/day.
8) When she files for divorce, begin steadily drinking around the house until the separation is complete. If she tries to kick you out, practice phrases like "I paid for this".
9) You're on your own now - switch to whiskey, it's easier on heartburn. If you've followed the above steps you'll be able to handle the three bottles/ week that you'll need to hide your pain.
10) Now you're all healed up and a barely functional alcoholic - enjoy it!

:lol:

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

March 3, 2013, 4:18 p.m.

I dont think its an age thing. I've been out three school nights this week, 2am finish last night, 12 thursday, and a solid 8 hour session on Tuesday. I just make sure i pound some water, make sure i eat some toast or pizza before passing out.
Chances are if you are not too drunk to remember those things, you wont be too hungover the next day.
Also getting out and getting shit done first thing in the morning helps me alot. Dont let the hangover kick in…
edit: forgot to mention im 31

March 3, 2013, 4:26 p.m.

are we talking 8 cans of Bud, or 8 650 ml 8% IPAs?

March 3, 2013, 4:40 p.m.

Cariboo pale ale

March 3, 2013, 4:48 p.m.

meh. Even with age, I can still drink like a good Irishman. If I wake up feeling dull, I have another beer. Problem solved

March 3, 2013, 4:52 p.m.

meh. Even with age, I can still drink like a good Irishman. If I wake up feeling dull, I have another beer. Problem solved

How did you hand hard cack handle the divorce? My formula is a one size fits all model… and obviously correct.

March 3, 2013, 4:54 p.m.

Totally getting worse for me. I've been off my game the next morning after four fucking beers over three or four hours the night before.

March 3, 2013, 4:55 p.m.

How late were you up?

I been dry since september but I can still feel like shit if I stay up partying till 2am, IMO a pretty good art of a hangover is just from staying up late

but OTOH if you were puking you are just a lightweight

March 3, 2013, 5:06 p.m.

So weird because I used to drink like a champ up until a couple years ago. I was in bed by midnight roughly, up at 9ish. I also think it's because I'm in the best shape I've ever been in these days so maybe I have low tolerance for 'poisons' as a result.

March 3, 2013, 5:09 p.m.

It only gets worse.

^ this

March 3, 2013, 5:11 p.m.

The more you drink the better you deal with hangovers. If you drink once a month that hangover will suck. If you drink erryday you never get hangovers. theres a good balance in there somewhere.