Alberta election

April 24, 2012, 10:06 p.m.

lol Con gov't with Con opposition!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

April 24, 2012, 10:21 p.m.

:lol:

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 24, 2012, 10:25 p.m.

h8ters 'gunna h8

April 24, 2012, 10:29 p.m.

ok so were gunna push this here conservative agenda any objections?

thats not conservative enough

oh ok:(

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 24, 2012, 10:32 p.m.

read a piece tonight that suggested that while the more hard right side of the PC party went wildrose, it corresponded with a big shift of liberals to the PC's essentially moderating them…..I'm a noob when it comes to AB politics, but it's an interesting theory.

April 25, 2012, 12:54 a.m.

It is comforting to know there will be stability in Alberta.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 25, 2012, 9 a.m.

Probably very few. Redford one a stronger majority than Klein's first. That cannot happen in the face of a competing right wing party in this province without deep seated party loyalty - there isn't any disputing that, but you have to be from here with a loyalty to the PCs to understand. This was an election in a boom. Everybody has a job, everybody's job is paying well, people who are starting businesses and not leveraging themselves out of work are doing great, we don't have any debt, our students rank amongst the best in the world, our health care system is awesome outside of the major urban centers, and there's an abundance of just about everything a guy could think of. Right now in Alberta it's pretty much impossible to be a fuck up, unless you tinker with drugs, and Redford's continued funding of community action programs in Edmonton is proving very successful in dealing with that aspect of our culture - finally, we've got somebody that doesn't just ship them to you. People don't vote with their head in the sand here.

The polls were only targeting disgruntled or stupid people - why? Because when people who are happy with the government get a call, it's usually at a time when they're busy with work or play, and they just hang up. Even stupider are the Newspapers who believed them. The PC party had internal projections predicting almost exactly this make up of the Assembly… media polls are garbage - and the Wildrose are dirty.

Amen to that. I got at least 5 calls and hung up on all of them.

The PC's in AB know the majority of people here aren't far right bigot morons. The WRP will hopefully die out now.

April 25, 2012, 9:06 a.m.

The polls were only targeting disgruntled or stupid people - why? Because when people who are happy with the government get a call, it's usually at a time when they're busy with work or play, and they just hang up. Even stupider are the Newspapers who believed them. The PC party had internal projections predicting almost exactly this make up of the Assembly… media polls are garbage - and the Wildrose are dirty.

Its called "self-selection". People who are willing to talk to pollsters tend to have the same things in common (eg maybe seniors or retired), but are not representative of the population as a whole, many of who probably won't give the time of day to pollsters.

April 25, 2012, 9:07 a.m.

Amen to that. I got at least 5 calls and hung up on all of them.

The PC's in AB know the majority of people here aren't far right bigot morons. The WRP will hopefully die out now.

Did I not read somewhere wild rose got 54% of the popular vote?

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 25, 2012, 9:19 a.m.

Looks to me like PC's got 44% of the overall votes. WRP got 34%.

http://results.elections.ab.ca/wtResultsPGE.htm

April 25, 2012, 1:03 p.m.

Did I not read somewhere wild rose got 54% of the popular vote?

Probably in one of Coyne's columns in the Post. Stupid Hack.

Hopefully Redford can do what she said and balance the books by 2014 while keeping our social programs in place. Otherwise Alberta might get frustrated and award the PC party a weak majority…

April 25, 2012, 3 p.m.

Christy Clarke said the polls lied.

Keep dreaming sister!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 25, 2012, 5:46 p.m.

lol Con gov't with Con opposition!

Kn.

Aint it great?

May 9, 2012, 11:14 a.m.

i'm way late to the pary here, but found it laughable how the polling was done. they called landlines. totally missed (ok, lowballed) the under 30 crowd, as well as people who may have moved here in the last 5 years and also never bothered getting a landline.

May 9, 2012, 1:08 p.m.

i'm way late to the pary here, but found it laughable how the polling was done. they called landlines. totally missed (ok, lowballed) the under 30 crowd, as well as people who may have moved here in the last 5 years and also never bothered getting a landline.

That is actually one of the great challenges of polls these days, it is not just a problem during thus election.

Another consideration is the time of day calls are made. On the whole the only people home all day to answer a landline are the retired and as a subset they are typically pretty vocal in what annoys them and are easily swayed by simple political tactics.