Alberta Drivers

July 6, 2011, 10:52 a.m.

Having no front plate is important to you? Why? What possible advantage does that give you in life?

I don't need anymore advantages in life. All I want is to NOT have to put holes in the front of my cars, thanks.
I keep my cars clean and well maintained. It's sacriledge that I have to put that ugly front plate on, so the traffic control has something to aim their radar and laser at. Bullshit.

The medieval excessive speeding laws are great. I like to think that every one of those street-racing assholes who have their vehicles taken away won't end up killing themselves or others someday in the future.

This, I agree with.
While I don't like the archaic laws, I accept them and drive accordingly.

DUI is 0.08, which really isn't THAT much different from 0.05: people I know are more careful about how much they drink when they are going to drive now. You can still have a beer with dinner, it's not that limiting.

Que? It is a large difference. Consider that we're talking 40% between .05 and .08 That equals out to the difference between 2 beers an hour, and 3. Over the span of a few hours, that's a significant difference. I don't drink so this doesn't affect me, but it does affect a great number of people. Once again, laws are created to control the dumbest in society, and frankly what law will stop the guy who has a .12 limit anyway?

And tinted side windows? How is anyone going to see your tribal tattoo and ed hardy steering wheel cover?

steering wheel covers are pushing it.
:lol:

really though, I had skin cancer last year, so this is pretty fucking important to me considering that I spend a lot of time in my vehicle. I can't get more logical than that.

Ed Hardy. Can someone just start gunning these people down? Please??

So you feel that we should accept an individuals beliefs of religion, sexuality, and culture.

But not if they wear gaudy clothing?

lawlz.
My brain just exploded.

Sask has spirit, QC has Montreal and I dare anyone to party in the East and say those fish kissers don't know hospitality.

Never done the Sask thing, but Montreal was a blast for the few months I was there. My liver and wallet paid the price. Plus I learned that it was pointless to have a heavy DH bike in Quebec.

July 6, 2011, 12:31 p.m.

I think this thread needs some healing. Let's bash the true road menace. The geezers. I curse them all for;

Driving 10 under the limit but still run reds
Staying in the fast lane so they don't have to deal with merging traffic
Slowing down every time they pass something shiny
Steeling your parking spot and playing the "I am too old to notice you" card
Driving giant old Caddys towing boats and drifting all over the highway

Let's get these bastards.

July 6, 2011, 4:16 p.m.

Driving giant old Caddys towing boats and drifting all over the highway

That's just letting you know a lan change will occur in the next 3 km's.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 6, 2011, 4:41 p.m.

I keep my cars clean and well maintained. It's sacriledge that I have to put that ugly front plate on, so the traffic control has something to aim their radar and laser at. Bullshit.

very true. I moved back to Van. after a year in Calgary, where I got a new front end on my truck and I really don't want to drill holes in it for a front plate. I've been pulled over once for it but only got a warning.

July 6, 2011, 10:54 p.m.

True story…I drove for 5+ yrs before college with no front plate on my Mustangs, never a problem…I meet a new friend in class and he's askin' me about the no-plate and figures his truck would look cooler too without…5 days later, he gets a full-pop ticket :lol:

July 7, 2011, 9:59 a.m.

So you feel that we should accept an individuals beliefs of religion, sexuality, and culture.

But not if they wear gaudy clothing?

I'm pretty open minded…but I draw the line at douche-bag gangster wannabe's.:fro:

Wrong. Always.

July 7, 2011, 2:16 p.m.

very true. I moved back to Van. after a year in Calgary, where I got a new front end on my truck and I really don't want to drill holes in it for a front plate. I've been pulled over once for it but only got a warning.

I bend mine in such a way that it doesn't interfere with the intercooler, but also looks clear from the front. That way it's not "really" illegal, although a cop could give me flack for it.

I'm pretty open minded…but I draw the line at douche-bag gangster wannabe's.:fro:

You and me both!
Douche bags are one thing, but bullies and tough guys just get under my skin. It's that whole "me me me me me" selfish thing that doesn't sit well.

July 7, 2011, 2:38 p.m.

You and me both!
Douche bags are one thing, but bullies and tough guys just get under my skin. It's that whole "me me me me me" selfish thing that doesn't sit well.

So now we're slagging the affliction/Tap Out/UFC t-shirt guys wearing over embroidered flappy pocket jeans and big white sunglasses?

I can get on that bandwagon. Those three items equal the douchebag uniform IMHO.

July 7, 2011, 4:52 p.m.

So now we're slagging the affliction/Tap Out/UFC t-shirt guys wearing over embroidered flappy pocket jeans and big white sunglasses?

I can get on that bandwagon. Those three items equal the douchebag uniform IMHO.

Don't forget they also carry murses now too. Usually several of the group will have the same gucci douchebag (see what I did there?) :lol:

FAMILYBIKERIDE
823/Ringle rear wheel FS!
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=103825

i went black over two years ago and haven't gone back

July 7, 2011, 5:03 p.m.

More Impaired driving miss information going on here. A impaired charge (DUI as you guys call it) is .08, or over 80 as its commonly called in BC. Over 50 is actually a Motor Vehicles Act offence (ie Provincial), not an impaired charge.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

July 11, 2011, 10:33 a.m.

More Impaired driving miss information going on here. A impaired charge (DUI as you guys call it) is .08, or over 80 as its commonly called in BC. Over 50 is actually a Motor Vehicles Act offence (ie Provincial), not an impaired charge.

Tell that to the guy without his car and out well over $1000. Standing on the side of the road with the cops as your car is towed away doesn't have that warm and fuzzy ticket feel to it.

July 11, 2011, 2:53 p.m.

Tell that to the guy without his car and out well over $1000. Standing on the side of the road with the cops as your car is towed away doesn't have that warm and fuzzy ticket feel to it.

Hey, but you can still go on a holiday that involves a passport.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

July 19, 2011, 8:47 a.m.

We might not be able to drive but you guys can't park a vehicle bigger than a Yaris. LOL

Nov. 10, 2012, 8:13 p.m.

Alberta lol

July 12, 2013, 9:05 p.m.

It would seem we are good at roundabouts.

http://www.timescolonist.com/steve-wallace-canadian-traffic-rules-mystify-visitors-1.520088

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.