Adopt A Whistler Sled Dog

July 15, 2013, 2:54 p.m.

Correct. If anyone needs a refresher, read the WorkSafe document:

http://www.cbc.ca/bc/news/bc-110131-worksafebc-whistler-dog-cull.pdf

Although, even if they had been humanely euthanized there likely would have been some outrage.

That does it, I can't ever go dog sledding. The details of the mass grave in that document put this industry right up there with Marineland's standards.

Also wondering why that guy was in charge of euthanizing so many animals as he clearly wasn't mentally able to.

July 15, 2013, 4:25 p.m.

I'd rather adopt a Whistler Australian.

Wrong. Always.

July 15, 2013, 4:33 p.m.

I'd rather adopt a Whistler Australian.

Its more likely that the sled dogs are:

• Better fed
  • Up to date on there shots
  • Better living conditions
July 15, 2013, 5:02 p.m.

Also wondering why that guy was in charge of euthanizing so many animals as he clearly wasn't mentally able to.

Easy to see what happened. The guy when he was given the task thought going in he could do it. Once he was well Ito it he started to realize that he couldn't handle it.

Pretty common thought process. See it lots at the chicken place…high school kids come in and think they can handle working in the back where the cooking and the butchering happens. Some are able to handle it while others can.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 15, 2013, 5:54 p.m.

That does it, I can't ever go dog sledding. The details of the mass grave in that document put this industry right up there with Marineland's standards.

You need to wrap your head around the fact that these dogs are not pets.

Sled dogs are traditionally treated the same as livestock. I don't like the way the other dogs were dispatched,but am not surprised.

Pastor of Muppets

July 15, 2013, 6:53 p.m.

The whole thing was disturbing but I still found it disappointing that a company could breed so many animals just for the rush of the Olympics knowing full well it wasn't sustainable. They must have known when breeding that these dogs had to be put down after the big party. I find that use of life unacceptable.

July 15, 2013, 7:15 p.m.

The whole thing was disturbing but I still found it disappointing that a company could breed so many animals just for the rush of the Olympics knowing full well it wasn't sustainable. They must have known when breeding that these dogs had to be put down after the big party. I find that use of life unacceptable.

Rule number one- life aint fair.

Rule number two- see rule number one.

Pastor of Muppets

July 15, 2013, 7:22 p.m.

You need to wrap your head around the fact that these dogs are not pets.

Sled dogs are traditionally treated the same as livestock. I don't like the way the other dogs were dispatched,but am not surprised.

Call me a hippy, but I can't see why one animal is seen as a furry friend, and another animal can be used, abused, and badly shot to death. The animal didn't get a choice in any of this. I'm also on the 'I'm never going dog sledding' list.

treezz
wow you are a ass

July 15, 2013, 7:27 p.m.

Call me a hippy, but I can't see why one animal is seen as a furry friend, and another animal can be used, abused, and badly shot to death. The animal didn't get a choice in any of this. I'm also on the 'I'm never going dog sledding' list.

Ask a cow or pig in a feedlot the same question.

We humans use other animals for a variety of purposes. Fact of life.

In some places they actually (gasp) eat dogs!!!

For the record, I have two dogs. First and foremost they have a job. Second duty is as pets.

Pastor of Muppets

July 15, 2013, 7:31 p.m.

Ask a cow or pig in a feedlot the same question.

We humans use other animals for a variety of purposes. Fact of life.

In some places they actually (gasp) eat dogs!!!

For the record, I have two dogs. First and foremost they have a job. Second duty is as pets.

I'm a lentil toting veggie and probably around 90% vegan these days.

treezz
wow you are a ass

July 15, 2013, 7:47 p.m.

I'm a lentil toting veggie and probably around 90% vegan these days.

I'd give you a cookie,but the only ones I have are made with butter.

Pastor of Muppets

July 15, 2013, 8:19 p.m.

Its more likely that the sled dogs are:

• Better fed
  • Up to date on there shots
  • Better living conditions

You forget more intelligent and a fuck load less annoying.

Personally, I would rather shoot a bunch of Aussies than a pack of dogs.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

July 15, 2013, 8:23 p.m.

That does it, I can't ever go dog sledding.

I'm also on the 'I'm never going dog sledding' list.

Just wondering here….am I correct in assuming that the two of you would have considered using these animals for entertainment before this all came to light?

Pastor of Muppets

July 15, 2013, 8:24 p.m.

You forget more intelligent and a fuck load less annoying.

Personally, I would rather shoot a bunch of Aussies than a pack of dogs.

Yeah, we get it….you're a bad ass.

Pastor of Muppets

July 15, 2013, 8:45 p.m.

Just wondering here….am I correct in assuming that the two of you would have considered using these animals for entertainment before this all came to light?

Not in my adult life no. I once rode a camel in Morocco, and I don't suppose the horse taxis in Bulgaria were particularly well looked after either. I'm not against such things but I'd do some research first before partaking in anything. I'll never watch horse or greyhound racing for example.

As an aside, I'm not particalary (fuck I hate spelling that word) against hunting as long as the animal has had a fairly natural life. I used to help out on a pheasant shoot in the UK when I was younger and would still happily eat pheasant shot in this way as at least most of them are killed instantly. I just don't agree with suffering for human entertainment or factory farmed food.

treezz
wow you are a ass