adios fido

March 7, 2011, 8:45 p.m.

Ok, so everyone with a complaint asks to speak to a managerā€¦ so there must be as many managers as regular phone center dudes, otherwise they couldn't handle the volumeā€¦. which leads me to the question:

Do they just pick straws at who the managers are that day and just rotate around? Its not like the guy calling in knows wether you actually are a manager or not.

March 7, 2011, 9:49 p.m.

Bell.

Not a recommendation, but that's who you're left with if you want to use an iPhone.

Bell uses the Telus network where they don't have their own towers (or they used to, maybe that has changed?).

March 7, 2011, 9:52 p.m.

A coworker switched to wind, and now has wicked-fast internet on his android phone, and pays $51/month all-in including tax for unlimited everything. I'm switching very soon.

This space intentionally left blank.

March 7, 2011, 10:12 p.m.

Was interested in the cheep plans on craigslist mentioned above as I am currently in the process of choosing another prick. LOL at people thinking I'm going to take over their contract without the phone or handing me money.

There are quite a few really bad deals. People asking to take over a plan that's much worse than you could get by just signing up for the first time.

I have seen plans such as Rogers unlimited NA (roaming is free). Sometimes the pricing is actually pretty good (like $50 for unlimited talk/text in Canada).

If you don't travel much outside of the city, Wind had a smoking deal of $40 for unlimited calling, texting, and Internet.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 7, 2011, 10:57 p.m.

There are quite a few really bad deals. People asking to take over a plan that's much worse than you could get by just signing up for the first time.

I have seen plans such as Rogers unlimited NA (roaming is free). Sometimes the pricing is actually pretty good (like $50 for unlimited talk/text in Canada).

If you don't travel much outside of the city, Wind had a smoking deal of $40 for unlimited calling, texting, and Internet.

Yea I was actually pretty into the Wind idea until I noticed my house is approx 4 blocks from the edge of their coverage zone (checked the company map and the user generated maps). Would add up eventually to more money.

March 8, 2011, 5:09 p.m.

See where the new networks work: http://coveragemapper.com/maps.php

March 8, 2011, 6:56 p.m.

go with rogers since it fido is just the welly verison of it anyway

That's what I did. Fido kept futzing up my invoice and then screwing up my payments. The kicker was when they were supposed to put a $100 credit to my account, and their help line wouldn't do it until I could remember my passwords. I mean, seriously I was just trying to get them to apply the credit to my account, so it's not like fraud was even possible, so I told them to eff off.

Waited until the day the new law for number portability came into effect, then moved to Rogers the following week. Same company technically, but Fido just couldn't get it right.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 9, 2011, 1:42 p.m.

^I wonder if Rogers is possibly trying to kill off the Fido brand? Wasn't the big draw for them decent pricing and good C.S? FYI I've had good dealings with Rogers, and when I upgraded to an iPhone 4 the C.S. chick on the phone saved me about $15 a month on my plan

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

March 9, 2011, 1:48 p.m.

I was by a Shaw employee that they are planning to release cell services within the year.

Does anyone know more about this?