A plea from someone on a sinking ship (RIM)

July 1, 2011, 7:35 p.m.

BB is only alive in the consumer market because of BBM - It is a garbage OS when you consider the alternatives

Now that android and iPhone run exchange, BB is less of a powerhouse in the business world.

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

July 1, 2011, 8:17 p.m.

Corporations have a large infrastructure in place for BB devices; iPhone support is much smaller, and Android is in an infancy stage.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 1, 2011, 8:19 p.m.

BB's encrypted servers are what keeps it prominent with businesses….and drug dealers alike. It's here to stay, their market share is all that is in question

July 2, 2011, 1:16 a.m.

Now that android and iPhone run exchange, BB is less of a powerhouse in the business world.

LOL - so not true.

July 2, 2011, 9:48 a.m.

Should have started licensing Bbm to everyone and gotten out of handsets.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

July 2, 2011, 4:34 p.m.

BB's encrypted servers are what keeps it prominent with businesses….and drug dealers alike. It's here to stay, their market share is all that is in question

BB's security is the only card keeping them going right now, but it seems like even that is starting to change.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/01/idUSN1E75Q05220110701

davidlang.me |

July 2, 2011, 4:51 p.m.

I thought their push email alerts were also a big selling feature for business use.

The Iphone has a push type app but it sucks ass, uses a bunch of battery, and is hit and miss.

July 2, 2011, 5 p.m.

Android phones and iPhone won't last a day with serious use; push will kill the battery in a few hours. The Android phones can have the battery swapped, which helps, but it's still lacking for corporate integration.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 2, 2011, 5:02 p.m.

I thought their push email alerts were also a big selling feature for business use.

The Iphone has a push type app but it sucks ass, uses a bunch of battery, and is hit and miss.

lolwut

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

July 2, 2011, 9:22 p.m.

LOL - so not true.

Not sure if you read what I wrote. Blackberry is LESS of a powerhouse in business than it was a few years ago.

Just last year one of vancouver's biggest law firms got rid of their 'must use blackberry' rule and a bunch of them jumped to iPhone. Since then a bunch of other large firms have followed suit - that is just a drop in the bucket but you hear from more and more business peeps that bB used to be mandatory And isn't anymore

I think I reAd that only 17 percent of new smart phones sold are blackberry - that is crazy considering their market share in the past

July 2, 2011, 9:24 p.m.

Android phones and iPhone won't last a day with serious use; push will kill the battery in a few hours. The Android phones can have the battery swapped, which helps, but it's still lacking for corporate integration.

I disagree - my iPhone gets shit kicked every day - heavy heavy use and it lasts all day - no longer (needs a charge every night) but lasts

July 2, 2011, 9:26 p.m.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/01/idUSN1E75Q05220110701

Lol couch surfer

Oct. 12, 2011, 1:29 p.m.

Is this another nail in the RIM coffin?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2011/10/12/blackberry-glitches.html

My work phone has been flakely all morning.
(It is a work phone so I don't choose the hardware we use.)

Oct. 12, 2011, 2:03 p.m.

I expect Microsoft and WP7/8 will be all over RIM's business market share, even more so than Apple and iOS5 / Andriod.

Microsoft already has the business computing market cornered, now that we are moving to a "single computer, multiple devices" idiom it is only time before businesses start licensing with Microsoft over Apple and Google.

The good thing, WP8 will be better than iOS5.

Oct. 12, 2011, 2:06 p.m.

oh how the mighty fall when they become complacent.

If their biggest selling feature goes to hell what can they then offer?