4 year old boy playing naked prompts police visit

April 30, 2015, 12:43 p.m.

On the other hand…

really?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 30, 2015, 1:52 p.m.

Yeah, not really appropriate Dude.

In other news, love it. Helicopter parents, beware!

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/british-columbia/topstories/naked-4-year-old-complaint-takes-unsolicited-parenting-advice-to-new-low-1.3054216

April 30, 2015, 2:56 p.m.

Fair enough. Too soon.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

April 30, 2015, 3 p.m.

Lego Store detains 11-year-old boy for shopping without an adult

April 30, 2015, 3:16 p.m.

Fair enough. Too soon.

I don't know that there is ever an appropriate time to imply someone is a pedophile.

April 30, 2015, 4:05 p.m.

I don't know that there is ever an appropriate time to imply someone is a pedophile.

Are you new here? ;)

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

April 30, 2015, 4:10 p.m.

Are you new here? ;)

Into 'new' people are you?

April 30, 2015, 4:16 p.m.

Well, I will admit I pushed the joke meter a bit too far, but you can relax. Mark will somehow survive this scar to his emotional tissue.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

April 30, 2015, 9:27 p.m.

just another scar on the pile.

May 1, 2015, 5:47 a.m.

This was wrong in so many ways. RCMP was there for an hour?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 1, 2015, 9:41 a.m.

Kudos to you Zed - I am sorry your family had to go through this.
On the flip side….
sexual predators abound - do not be naive.
Perhaps one of the neighbours was trying to protect your children - maybe they know something you don't.

if the neighbour knew something they didn't then it's part of being neighbourly and actually talking people vs/ calling the police to 'protect the children'.

it's a sad world we live in these days, between this story and the 11 year old that can't shop at the lego store without a parent because of 'safety'

May 1, 2015, 12:06 p.m.

Kudos to you Zed - I am sorry your family had to go through this.
On the flip side….
sexual predators abound - do not be naive.
Perhaps one of the neighbours was trying to protect your children - maybe they know something you don't.

Sexual assault of a child is predominatly someone they know…family, teacher, and so on. And you never hear someone saying…they where creepy, bad vibe, and so on. It is always shock and surprise that some one described as nice, helpful, pillar of the neighbourhood, and other flowery praise.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 1, 2015, 1:09 p.m.

Yup - and I was told beforehand about their Spin Doctor.

Nonetheless, the RCMP spent the time to meet with my family today, eased my childrens' angst about the police, and privately apologized for all their words and actions; this is all I wanted - making my family whole once again.

Having a vindictive or bitter neighbour being able to fabricate 'playing on the street' and then the heavy-handed response we received was completely uncalled for and I was not going to let anyone treat my wife and children in that manner. Nor should you. Regardless of what side of the badge you are on, we are all responsible for our actions.

I can't say I am happy with CBC's follow-up article and I did comment on it, something I have refrained from doing thus far on the many other related spin-off articles. It doesn't matter much what they say, we are moving forward and lesson learned on both sides. I don't think the Squamish RCMP will be telling anyone to 'go online and complain' anytime in the near future.

My wife and I are truly grateful for all the people, both friends and strangers, that have reached out with their support from around the globe. I have had hundreds of messages, emails, and phone calls offering support, empathy, and interest in reporting the story across the country to every TV, newspaper, and radio station you can think of. I should add that I only spoke to first the Squamish Chief as I felt this was a local concern, and then CBC exclusively and only three times at that - this was not about any form of RCMP smearing, I only wanted to get the message out and make things right for my family.

Thank you. Except you gooch. And Putty, definitely not you. ;)

Cam - my family wishes to extend to you a big thank you for your assistance.

Glad I could help Zed.

I still can't believe how lame it is for them to change the story so late in the game. If that was true they would have come out with that from the get go. They need some PR training. Dumbasses.

May 1, 2015, 1:12 p.m.

It's funny they didnt apologize right away because in the states, this would bring about a massive lawsuit.

May 1, 2015, 8:14 p.m.

if the neighbour knew something they didn't then it's part of being neighbourly and actually talking people vs/ calling the police to 'protect the children'.
'

This is the fucked up part. Since when did people start skipping the talking to neighbors part and just skip straight to calling the cops?

www.natooke.com