4 year old boy playing naked prompts police visit

April 29, 2015, 8:01 p.m.

Ian 1,200+ comments on CBC says your the best dad in the world.

Keep at it and let them run free.

We had our neighbor's call the cops on us about 6 years back for almost the same thing. Cops came and my wife had the cops in a corner and they seemed very interested in the shoes they were wearing :)

April 29, 2015, 8:04 p.m.

Any idea who the neighbour was Zed? My kid plays on the street all the time (although we're at the end of a cul-de-sac so it's pretty quiet), but I'd lose my mind if I found out someone complained about him playing out there.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

April 29, 2015, 8:11 p.m.

WTF is society coming too , too many bleeding hearts stirring shit , they are kids harmlessly playing

#northsidetrailbuilders

April 29, 2015, 8:40 p.m.

Zed you get an atta boy from me. Well done, and congrats on not losing your cool!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

April 29, 2015, 9:24 p.m.

WTF is society coming too , too many bleeding hearts stirring shit , they are kids harmlessly playing

Thats not a bleeding heart. They all live on my street. You have to have a heart to have a bleeding heart.

I better not have just fed a troll…

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

April 29, 2015, 9:28 p.m.

Thats not a bleeding heart. They all live on my street. You have to have a heart to have a bleeding heart.

60+ years old?

April 29, 2015, 9:36 p.m.

60+ years old?

That be my guess. And was more pissed at the noise/fun than the naked.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

April 29, 2015, 10:24 p.m.

sounds like you handled it all amazingly well. can't even imagine having to rationalize young naked kids to fellow humans, that is ridiculous

April 29, 2015, 10:52 p.m.

60+ years old?

That be my guess. And was more pissed at the noise/fun than the naked.

I've got that situation in my strata. One of the few places in the complex that kids can ride their bikes/scooters, kick a ball, etc. is a paved fire lane in front of one of the buildings. As the days get nicer and longer at this time of year, the complaints will start rolling in about noise from kids playing and having fun out there. Yeah, if kids are having a screaming match outside someone's window, that's not cool, but if they're just laughing and having a good time, how grumpy do you have to be for that to be a problem?

April 29, 2015, 10:57 p.m.

Thank you. Except you gooch. And Putty, definitely not you. ;)

Cam - my family wishes to extend to you a big thank you for your assistance.

Lol you need help burying a dead hooker I'm your guy. Dealing with cops. Not so much.

meh

April 30, 2015, 5:18 a.m.

It is a sad day when people have nothing better to do than complain about kids being outside having fun. Sorry your family had to go through this zed. I have 2 young boys who despite the shitty cold weather we are having on the east coast have already been asking about filling the kiddie pool and having waterfights, and they will be running around naked doing it I can almost guarantee it. Just glad I have neighbours who like seeing kids outside playing and having fun in the fresh air instead of cooped up in the house in front of some game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

April 30, 2015, 6:13 a.m.

Squamish RCMP respond to uproar about complaint: Naked child 'not the issue'

How dumb do they think we are? They sent the RCMP to deal with "children playing on the street"? Do they bring in the riot squad and paddy wagon to break up a street hockey game if a neighbour complains?

April 30, 2015, 11:52 a.m.

I would suggest that the neked boy was not the issue nor was the "safety" of the children the issue. I'll bet the neighbours did not want to hear the sound of children playing. I've heard of folks complaining about this before in North Van I think on Draycott. Kids were playing street hockey and neighbours made some specious complaint citing safety when they just didn't like the sound of children playing.

Maybe the neighbours should be cited for raising a bogus complaint and wasting police time?

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

April 30, 2015, 12:06 p.m.

I would suggest that the neked boy was not the issue nor was the "safety" of the children the issue. I'll bet the neighbours did not want to hear the sound of children playing. I've heard of folks complaining about this before in North Van I think on Draycott. Kids were playing street hockey and neighbours made some specious complaint citing safety when they just didn't like the sound of children playing.

Maybe the neighbours should be cited for raising a bogus complaint and wasting police time?

or maybe the boys should get even with their deadly water pistols! ambush baby! revenge!

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

April 30, 2015, 12:36 p.m.

Lump me in w/ the shock and dismayed crowd. And the Cops, WTF, shouldn't they have to qualify the nature of a complaint, and can't they just say, "Naked kid playing in the street? OK, we'll be there when we can find time after all of the important matters we attend to here…"?

Seriously.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.