4 year old boy playing naked prompts police visit

April 29, 2015, 2:22 p.m.

Someone we know in the middle of this story.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-father-shaken-and-upset-after-naked-4-year-old-son-prompts-police-visit-1.3052126

April 29, 2015, 2:37 p.m.

I was wondering when this was going to surface on here. His interview schedule is probably too busy for the likes of us. :lol:

Talk about police over reach. You have to wonder what is wrong with people that see a naked toddler as a reason to call the cops on your neighbors. Redefining douchebag.

April 29, 2015, 2:39 p.m.

I love RCMP logic.

Drunk driving epidemic? Meh.

Property crime? yawn

Four-year-old streaker? Bust out the riot gear!

April 29, 2015, 3:18 p.m.

messed up shit, society is going insane. did they seize the weapons???

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

April 29, 2015, 3:40 p.m.

My favourite bit is how the sergeant phrased his statement. He apologized "for the fact that they were not happy and felt their son was now afraid of the police".

In other words, he did not apologize for his officers being buffoons who stepped over the line.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

April 29, 2015, 3:50 p.m.

I like how the cops threatened them with "further action" if it happens again. You'd think he'd come back to at least rant about this.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

April 29, 2015, 3:56 p.m.

I called 911 the other day , something I would not ordinarily do but I was witnessing an obviously intoxicated driver , confirmed by the fact I saw him holding what looked an awful lot like a beer when I pulled up alongside at a red light .

the guy on the other end of the line seemed more interested in my details than in getting a car out on the road .

I've gotta wonder about the dispatching of a squad car to a report of a naked toddler playing on his own property . . . makes it easy to see how the YVR / robert dziekanski taser death went so wrong , when the guys on the street can't seem to exercise simple common sense .

as an aside , in this toddler case , whoever made the complaint is the one who shoulda been arrested .

April 29, 2015, 4:19 p.m.

Haha…I haven't been on nsmb in a while, and it took seeing this story come accross my feed today to log back in and see if Ian had posted. Sitting…waiting…

But, seriously…who has time to make this kind of complaint? Life is too short.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

April 29, 2015, 5:11 p.m.

sorry, won't do it again..

I've even been to Ian's house, no streaking.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 29, 2015, 5:29 p.m.

"They did not feel this was handled well by the officers responding …"

What the hell were the officers even doing responding ?

I have once called 911 on a driver, guy was loaded. It was New Year's day, heading up to Whistler to enjoy no lift lines. Car on Georgia St stops at the entrance to the causeway, then proceeds to stop every 75 or 100 metres. He was stopping at the next 6 - 10 overhead lights that controlled the counter-flow lane. Our guess, he thought they were stop lights. Proceeds to drive in the centre lane with the red 'X' on it, changed lanes a few times, drifted a lot.

Called 911, they asked us to see if he went to North Van or West Van so they could call the appropriate police. This while the guy was driving liquored on the causeway ! A loaded driver, 911 aware of it, driving on the causeway and across LGB only to hopefully be caught when he was off. Dude passed at least 20 cars going in the other direction, we followed from a safe distance. Seriously, the 911 people were okay with this.

April 29, 2015, 6:25 p.m.

The cops are back-pedalling now and saying the complaint was related to the kids being in the street.

I call bullshit. Shouldn't there be a transcript of the complaint? Why is it that Ian's wife had no idea the complaint was about the kids being in the street? Why was the boy's dress even mentioned if that was the case? And why did he wait three days before calling?

It seems to me they are trying in vain to stem the damage. Weak effort.

April 29, 2015, 6:51 p.m.

The cops are back-pedalling now and saying the complaint was related to the kids being in the street.

I call bullshit. Shouldn't there be a transcript of the complaint? Why is it that Ian's wife had no idea the complaint was about the kids being in the street? Why was the boy's dress even mentioned if that was the case? And why did he wait three days before calling?

It seems to me they are trying in vain to stem the damage. Weak effort.

Yup - and I was told beforehand about their Spin Doctor.

Nonetheless, the RCMP spent the time to meet with my family today, eased my childrens' angst about the police, and privately apologized for all their words and actions; this is all I wanted - making my family whole once again.

Having a vindictive or bitter neighbour being able to fabricate 'playing on the street' and then the heavy-handed response we received was completely uncalled for and I was not going to let anyone treat my wife and children in that manner. Nor should you. Regardless of what side of the badge you are on, we are all responsible for our actions.

I can't say I am happy with CBC's follow-up article and I did comment on it, something I have refrained from doing thus far on the many other related spin-off articles. It doesn't matter much what they say, we are moving forward and lesson learned on both sides. I don't think the Squamish RCMP will be telling anyone to 'go online and complain' anytime in the near future.

My wife and I are truly grateful for all the people, both friends and strangers, that have reached out with their support from around the globe. I have had hundreds of messages, emails, and phone calls offering support, empathy, and interest in reporting the story across the country to every TV, newspaper, and radio station you can think of. I should add that I only spoke to first the Squamish Chief as I felt this was a local concern, and then CBC exclusively and only three times at that - this was not about any form of RCMP smearing, I only wanted to get the message out and make things right for my family.

Thank you. Except you gooch. And Putty, definitely not you. ;)

Cam - my family wishes to extend to you a big thank you for your assistance.

April 29, 2015, 6:55 p.m.

Better watch yer speed around town now,eh Zed?

Pastor of Muppets

April 29, 2015, 7:04 p.m.

Better watch yer speed around town now,eh Zed?

This doesn't come with a three month buffer? I drive slow now anyways, there may be children on the street.

April 29, 2015, 7:40 p.m.

Zed if we had a neighbor who called the cops for naked kids on my street we'd be getting a visit to our street every month! For the small worth it provides, you have my support.

Glad the RCMP came around today. Good on them for that.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."