3am....truck gets broken into

Aug. 30, 2005, 12:40 p.m.

that's a shame Jaysin.:(

minus signature

Aug. 30, 2005, 12:45 p.m.

Thats bullshit, and why our insurance is so expensive.

That makes your friend as guilty as a car thief, and brings him to the same level.

Brutal.

Insurance companies roll in millions of profit every year. They will take your money every chance they get, if there was no insurance fraud at all, they'd just find some other statistic for you to justify insuring your business-man's toy.

I just don't understand how insurance works. You pay large sums of money to insure your goods, then when your goods are damaged/stolen/pretended to be stolen, you pay another huge chunk of money, usually the same amount of money that would have let you just buy the item. Ie. a $500 deductible on a $450 stereo. SO WHAT DID YOU ACTUALLY INSURE? I understand how insurance is great when you back your car into a ditch, but I still think its a messed up system, and I seem to be the only one that is so bewildered by it.

Aug. 30, 2005, 12:46 p.m.

friend of mine did that with incredible success. even stranger, he was the one who threw the brick through his window.

Even funnier would have been the look on his face when ICBC told him that he's only covered for items that are bolted to the vehicle.

Mighty Riders
On The Rivet Cyclewear
Vallie Components
Novex Clean Delivery Solutions

Aug. 30, 2005, 2:50 p.m.

I'd have to disagree. Seeing how lousy a lot of the drivers are in Van I would say it is the large amount of driver incompetence and street racing that is making insurance exspensive. I doubt THAT many people commit and get away with insurance fraud very often.

you are completley off the mark.

casual fraud is bad enough "my car got broken into maybe i should say my golf clubs were in there"

but there is also a HUGE fraud ring where people fraud the system for a living.

anyone who gets caught doing that should be charged criminally and NEVER able to get insurance again in BC

total bullshit fraud is

turn off sigs…it will change your life

Aug. 30, 2005, 2:51 p.m.

Insurance companies roll in millions of profit every year. They will take your money every chance they get, if there was no insurance fraud at all, they'd just find some other statistic for you to justify insuring your business-man's toy.

I just don't understand how insurance works. You pay large sums of money to insure your goods, then when your goods are damaged/stolen/pretended to be stolen, you pay another huge chunk of money, usually the same amount of money that would have let you just buy the item. Ie. a $500 deductible on a $450 stereo. SO WHAT DID YOU ACTUALLY INSURE? I understand how insurance is great when you back your car into a ditch, but I still think its a messed up system, and I seem to be the only one that is so bewildered by it.

arrgggggg.

you are so smrt

Aug. 30, 2005, 2:59 p.m.

arrgggggg.

you are so smrt

Why don't you explain? I said it myself that I don't understand the system. Sorry that I don't love giving my money away. You are a real-estate agent aren't you? I would think someone like you would value the importance of having tons and tons of cash.

Aug. 30, 2005, 3:05 p.m.

Why don't you explain? I said it myself that I don't understand the system. Sorry that I don't love giving my money away. You are a real-estate agent aren't you? I would think someone like you would value the importance of having tons and tons of cash.

i am not sure if that it a knock or what

you are complaining that deductables are high, and they are. this is largely due to the fraud.

i didn't mean to piss on you, but lots of people say "insurance costs me so much, so i am gonna cheat the system" this just ends of costing more.

when i wasn't biking there for over a year, i had at least 4 people ask me why i wouldn't just do a scam (report the bike stolen, collect the insurance and then sell the bike)

these are not guys who rob banks, but for some reason feel insurance fraud is ok. insurance fraud is like going to a stadium and pickpocketing every person there, but only taking $1 each.

Aug. 30, 2005, 6:11 p.m.

Actually the time a car is more vulnerable is between 4 am and 4:30 am.

If you have ever been out that time you will know what i mean.

I am often out and about at that time of day……[shify eyes]…….tell us more about this statistic.

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 30, 2005, 6:36 p.m.

that sucks jay, good thing not much (beside stereo) is kept in the truck hey.

and if someone does have that silent alarm is there some loophole where if you do catch him (or her) and you beat him with a golf club or whatever could you just say you were scared because he was obviously violent and could cause you harm? or are you not allowed to strike until his knife or whatever gauges you?

Adrenalize

Aug. 30, 2005, 6:57 p.m.

i may get some shit for this, but:
you know what i have notice about NSMB lately? bandwagon effect. primarily with shit slinging. one person says something based on some social or moral horse crap, and everyone decides the follow suit. think i am crazy? look around. this thread is pretty typical. it's turned in a stupid bitch fight.

you know what would reduce this crap? new names for everyone.

Aug. 30, 2005, 7:01 p.m.

anyway have at it folks.

by the way. my friend got a new window for free. thats it.

Aug. 30, 2005, 7:01 p.m.

you know what i have notice about NSMB lately? bandwagon effect. primarily with shit slinging. one person says something based on some social or moral horse crap, and everyone decides the follow suit. think i am crazy? look around. this thread is pretty typical. it's turned in a stupid bitch fight.

Fine…my real name is Derek….your friend is a shitbag for not just buying his own ass a new window after being too stupid to take his keys with him.

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 30, 2005, 8:17 p.m.

I just don't understand how insurance works.

Deductibles are there to benefit those who are diligent about their stuff. If you pay insurance over the years, you will never pay a deductible. The insurance is there for when you have a large loss - whole car is stolen, fire, earthquake, flood. (New Orleans?)

if people didn't have to pay deductibles, you'd be paying many times more for insurance, and everyone would claim every time they lose or forget something.

I had two large claims a year apart - one was 3500 (stuff stolen from my car) and my deductible was 300, the second was 5700 (bike stolen from my home) and the deductible was 300. Now my deductible is 2500… I'm sure as hell not gonna leave anything anywhere from now on.

Get used to it - it's the way the system works. When you have a major loss you'll be loving the $500 deductible to replace the $40,000 in stuff that you lost if your house got destroyed by fire.

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Aug. 30, 2005, 9:25 p.m.

i may get some shit for this, but:

Bandwagon? Could it be that honest people just agree with each other that your friend is wrong. Social or moral horse crap? You mean the difference between right and wrong. Get a grip.

Aug. 30, 2005, 9:27 p.m.

i feel bad knocking mr charles. i honestly am starting to think he is "special"