2.1 million? Are you kidding me?

April 3, 2012, 2 p.m.

this is what a million dollar house looks like.

location, location, location.

April 3, 2012, 2:11 p.m.

http://www.remax-duncan.bc.ca/duncan-real-estate.php?duncan-remax-property-details=18821

I'll take 3.8 acres and a massive house over living in any of the shithole areas in vancouver.

Gotta be retarded to wanna live there these days.

April 3, 2012, 3:03 p.m.

there's def. no way i'd buy into the current market for sure. that said, i wouldn't trade the access to amenities (that serve my personal interests) i have now over a pimp house elsewhere. i could see moving in the future, when i'm olden perhaps, but i've yet to find that mix of qualities that would compel me. changing demographics / gentrification of the neighbourhood may eventually play a role in shifting my current perspective; things are certainly changing as prices inflate.

April 3, 2012, 3:16 p.m.

And the house Bob Vila posted is a stones throw from 3 great riding areas for xc and dh!

April 3, 2012, 3:46 p.m.

Normally I would agree, but in Vancouver's case its "Speculation, Speculation, Speculation."

Using the first post as an example, its land value is entirely dependent on the willingness of a developer to take on risk and produce medium density housing units on that and likely adjacent lots. This means the developer has to be reasonably sure he will be able to sell enough units at a high enough margin before he takes on the risk of plunking down any cash.

Que tighter lending requirements, via increased oversight of CMHC. Both to buyers and condo builders.
Que bloating inventory.
Que slowing sales.

Suddenly that lot becomes values at a whole lot less than 2 million.

Vancouver is a momentum play for speculators, nothing more.

April 3, 2012, 3:52 p.m.

Que?

oh you mean queue…

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 3, 2012, 3:55 p.m.

Middle class is moving closer to the poor. rich keeps going higher and higher with what should belong to the middle class.

Exploitation is awesome

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 3, 2012, 5:05 p.m.

http://www.remax-duncan.bc.ca/duncan-real-estate.php?duncan-remax-property-details=18821

what a fantastic property, wow. when can i move in?!

i think the island would be a great place to live. victoria doesn't appeal to me, but there's definitely a lot of other places on the island on my short list.

April 3, 2012, 5:06 p.m.

Middle class is moving closer to the poor. rich keeps going higher and higher with what should belong to the middle class.

Exploitation is awesome

^^^this^^^..

sadly nothing is going to happen until a massive social collapse happens.

the rich will keep getting richer and the middle class will continue to become poorer until there truely is only 2 types of people.

those with $$$, and those who never have it to spare.

the number of people who i know are basicly 3 paydays away from being on the street, is alarming.. im def. among that group.

not throu bad money management but simply cost of living outstripping salary, and any laffable grasp at "cost of living" increases…

April 3, 2012, 5:31 p.m.

the number of people who i know are basicly 3 paydays away from being on the street, is alarming.. im def. among that group.

not throu bad money management but simply cost of living outstripping salary, and any laffable grasp at "cost of living" increases…

Wait don't you own some big ass lifted F350 and have that wicked restored Lincoln?

You actually believe your statement above?

April 3, 2012, 5:46 p.m.

there's def. no way i'd buy into the current market for sure. that said, i wouldn't trade the access to amenities (that serve my personal interests) i have now over a pimp house elsewhere. i could see moving in the future, when i'm olden perhaps, but i've yet to find that mix of qualities that would compel me. changing demographics / gentrification of the neighbourhood may eventually play a role in shifting my current perspective; things are certainly changing as prices inflate.

Just curious, but what sort of amenities are you talking about?

April 3, 2012, 5:46 p.m.

Wait don't you own some big ass lifted F350 and have that wicked restored Lincoln?

This.

Grasshopper v. Ant circa 2012

April 3, 2012, 6:10 p.m.

As far as houses go, I think the people who may eventually be in real trouble are the ones who have allowed their line of credit to soar, borrowing to renovate their houses. Spending big bucks [HTML_REMOVED] it won't translate to the selling price of the house.

Thread killer

April 3, 2012, 6:17 p.m.

As far as houses go, I think the people who may eventually be in real trouble are the ones who have allowed their line of credit to soar, borrowing to renovate their houses. Spending big bucks [HTML_REMOVED] it won't translate to the selling price of the house.

So, most of the lower mainland?

April 3, 2012, 6:47 p.m.

ok reality check time..

my SD is hella old (prolly not worth 10K)

my lincoln is a poor mans hotrod. the ONLY reason i can afford that car is cuz i did everything myself. im not into that lincoln even 6K.. i'd like to think being a trademens for over 20 years i can at least hold my head above water on those small items.

its not like im blowing money out the ass, then complaining i stil dont have enuf.

i literaly have never been on vacation lasting more then a long weekend my entire life..never owned property, have NO RRSP, dont have a bank account worth more then a months bill.

thats the true picture of this guys "middle class" existance.