2018 F1 thread.

March 24, 2022, 9:03 a.m.

^^also; one German ex F1 driver pumping another German (ex-ish) F1 driver in a German publication....

But yeah, Stroll is not great. Better than Mazepin but he's gone now so Stroll is back to being the worst pay driver...

March 25, 2022, 6:36 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

What is everyone's thought on the Vancouver e-Prix?  It sounds cool to me, but I don't follow racing so I have no idea if this is exciting for racing fans or just a fad.

If you wish to discuss minor league racing then please start your own thread about it. This thread is for Formula 1.

March 25, 2022, 6:49 p.m.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/haas-bahrain-points-difficult-nikita-mazepin/

Further to the topic of paid drivers, this comment from Guenther Steiner has to sting as well.

March 26, 2022, 12:38 p.m.

Perez was flying.  Should be a good race tomorrow.

April 12, 2022, 5:12 p.m.

Jacques is pretty funny sometimes. He sure knows how to slam people in F 1. I don't know if he could do better himself, but I think he's right about Stroll father and son. Lance has been in F1 for six years & is still fucking up on a regular basis. He's quite likely the worst driver in the field.

It's obvious why Otmar Szafnauer left Aston Martin. Lawrence Stroll will find he can't build a successful F1 team purely by throwing money at it.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/jacques-villeneuve-lawrence-stroll-criticism/

Last edited by: Stuminator on April 12, 2022, 8:15 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 13, 2022, 12:11 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Jacques is pretty funny sometimes. He sure knows how to slam people in F 1. I don't know if he could do better himself, but I think he's right about Stroll father and son. Lance has been in F1 for six years & is still fucking up on a regular basis. He's quite likely the worst driver in the field.

Latifi is in contention for that title, too ... good Canadian kids!!

Last edited by: KenN on April 13, 2022, 9:55 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 19, 2022, 11:56 a.m.

Posted by: KenN

Yeah, too bad the Canadian kids are the two worst on the circuit eh? Jezus...has Lance been around that long already....you'd think he'd be better by now. Can't blame the car for everything...lol.

Do you all think Merc will be back up in the running this season? It's been interesting to see Russell doing better than Hamilton...kinda like the Ricciardo/Norris situation.

April 19, 2022, 1:09 p.m.

What is everyone's thought on the Vancouver e-Prix?  It sounds cool to me, but I don't follow racing so I have no idea if this is exciting for racing fans or just a fad.

If you wish to discuss minor league racing then please start your own thread about it. This thread is for Formula 1.

Sorry.  I should have followed the strict threadjacking rules of NBR.  /s

April 19, 2022, 2:31 p.m.

Posted by: pedalhound

Posted by: KenN

Yeah, too bad the Canadian kids are the two worst on the circuit eh? Jezus...has Lance been around that long already....you'd think he'd be better by now. Can't blame the car for everything...lol.

Do you all think Merc will be back up in the running this season? It's been interesting to see Russell doing better than Hamilton...kinda like the Ricciardo/Norris situation.

Based on my results in Xbox F1, I've concluded that I'm a better driver than either of those two ....

April 19, 2022, 4:09 p.m.

Sorry.  I should have followed the strict threadjacking rules of NBR.  /s

The fact that this lot is still nattering on about the 2018 F1 season tells me that the racing can't be any better than the minor-league racing they are pooh-poohing.

May 9, 2022, 1:40 p.m.

https://www.planetf1.com/features/ayrton-senna-stories/

Good stories about how talented Senna was. Personally, I still think Schumi was the best ever. From what I've read about Jim Clark, I think I'd put him right up there as well.

May 9, 2022, 4:39 p.m.

Senna could make the car dance.

The race yesterday was really interesting.  Ferrari with DRS couldn't keep up with Red Bull; they must be using way more down force.  And the drivers looked pretty knackered at the end - Miami heat and humidity.

May 12, 2022, 8:53 a.m.

Yeah, something is holding that Ferrari back...they have a good driver and it's great in the corners...but either downforce or something wrong with their aerodynamics...I hope they can figure it out because max will continue to outpace them until they do!

And...it's been interesting to see Stroll do a lot better the last few races...there may be hope for him after all...lol.

What do you guys feel about the old guys hanging on mid/rear pack? Should they be replaced with new up and coming drivers...or should they stay and just do their thing?

May 31, 2022, 8:12 p.m.

Ferrari should get their shit together. They should be leading both the constructor's & driver's standings. It almost seems like a cursed season. (What could go wrong...)

F1 TV pundits agree with what I have said. Alonso is at the top of his game. Put him with a top team & he would be right in the mix.

May 31, 2022, 8:30 p.m.

I'm stoked for Perez tho.

Ricciardo is just one disappointment after another, I think  he was just perfectly suited to his generation of red bull  cars and nothing  else. Where drivers like Alonso  can take any car to the limit, he's just suited to one specific set up no one else has been able to provide him.

It's nice to see the championship standing so close as well.