2016 Olympics thread!

Aug. 12, 2016, 9:50 p.m.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Butt%20Snorkeling

i had to look it up….

you don't want to get into this business….vvv

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Butt%20Snuffing[HTML_REMOVED]defid=5118765

Aug. 12, 2016, 10:33 p.m.

Who the heck comes up with these things?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 12, 2016, 10:43 p.m.

Who the heck comes up with these things?

Seth Rogen and Tom Greene.

Aug. 13, 2016, 8:42 a.m.

Did someone mention dwarf tossing??

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Aug. 13, 2016, 8:53 a.m.

Arm wrestling
Dwarf tossing
Pillow Fight
Chicken Fight
Murderball
Mud Wrestling
Bog snorkelling

All hard on the body and also should be Olympic events

What? No cow tipping?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 14, 2016, 4 a.m.

Team pursuit. Standing start on a big gear single speed. Average speed for 4K is 62kph.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 14, 2016, 9:46 a.m.

Georgia Simmerling on our women's pursuit team is a cool story. Alpine skiing in 2010, ski cross in 2014 and track cycling in 2016. She's only been riding a track bike for 2 years. Apparently, rowing was her first choice for a summer sport, but there was too much conflict with her ski training, so she switched to cycling.

It's been awesome watching with my daughters and seeing Canadian women doing so well in all these different sports.

Aug. 14, 2016, 7:53 p.m.

Cool. From the short time I talked to her I got the impression that she is a very good coach. My youngest daughter thought so too. She would have played for her in a heartbeat. In the end she didn't want to move that far away from home. She is staying pretty close to PG and going to Thompson Rivers.

Cool.

Joely when I asked her says us being 2 wins ad 2 loses is a great so far. And us taking that one set of the Brazilians was more than anyone expected as they showed.

She says tomorrows game against Italy is tough and is expecting it to be tough to beat Italy. She spent a year in Italy playing in their pro league and no first hand how good their players are. And when it comes to the Olympic teams they just pull the best from the pro league available to form the team. And as she says it's a whole different world these players come from.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 14, 2016, 9:19 p.m.

Cool.

Joely when I asked her says us being 2 wins ad 2 loses is a great so far. And us taking that one set of the Brazilians was more than anyone expected as they showed.

She says tomorrows game against Italy is tough and is expecting it to be tough to beat Italy. She spent a year in Italy playing in their pro league and no first hand how good their players are. And when it comes to the Olympic teams they just pull the best from the pro league available to form the team. And as she says it's a whole different world these players come from.

Ya, for sure. Italy is going to be tough. But, we upset the US. Plus, who knows, Italy is in as #1 in Pool A already. Play the bench maybe??? Doubt it but I can still dream!

Aug. 14, 2016, 9:37 p.m.

Men's 400m final was epic. As historic as when Usain Bolt set there world record in the 100m.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Aug. 14, 2016, 10:27 p.m.

Men's 400m final was epic. As historic as when Usain Bolt set there world record in the 100m.

I'd say even more epic. Bolt didn't get his record running in Lane 8 (he was in the middle lane - lane 4 - where runners and swimmers with the best times get placed).

Andre De Grasse - signs an $11.35 million sponsorship deal with Puma. What does he do with his money? He buys a Honda Civic. I like this guy already.

Aug. 14, 2016, 10:43 p.m.

what a beast

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/dutch-cyclist-laurine-van-riessen-rides-up-side-track-prevents-collision-hoarding-rio-2016-a7189546.html

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Aug. 14, 2016, 11:13 p.m.

I'd say even more epic. Bolt didn't get his record running in Lane 8 (he was in the middle lane - lane 4 - where runners and swimmers with the best times get placed).

That's debatable. There's no rabbit, but lane 8 is the easiest to run.

I always hoped Bolt would run the 400. That's what he originally ran a teen.

van Niekerk has run a sub 20 200m and sub 10 100m. That's impressive speed AND stamina.

Andre De Grasse - signs an $11.35 million sponsorship deal with Puma. What does he do with his money? He buys a Honda Civic. I like this guy already.

Sounds like he knows cars.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Aug. 15, 2016, 8:18 a.m.

That's debatable. There's no rabbit, but lane 8 is the easiest to run.

Lane 8 is easiest to run? Since when? Just because it has the least amount of curvature, doesn't make it the 'easiest'. You are running blind the entire race, so you have no way to gauge what anyone else around you is doing.
Doesn't matter what lane you are in if you are going to smash a 17 year old world record…very impressive.

Aug. 15, 2016, 11:35 a.m.

Ledecky was amazing in the 800.

I've watched this over and over and it's still mind blowing.

Had to grab some goggles and go for a swim after this I was so pumped ("Yo, Rocko I can swim like that too!"). Jumped in with a couple bad-ass triathlete chicks and got snubbed out after only 750m :lol:

Really looking forward to this week! BMX 17th-19th and XC 20th, 21st.

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/