2016 F1 thread.

Nov. 13, 2016, 10:45 a.m.

If that walk down pit lane by Massa doesn't choke you up, you're dead inside.

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West

Nov. 13, 2016, 11:15 a.m.

So sad he couldn't finish.

Vestapen put on an impressive show.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 13, 2016, 11:08 p.m.

If that walk down pit lane by Massa doesn't choke you up, you're dead inside.

Yes, thanks for getting back on topic. It's time for both Jenson [HTML_REMOVED] Felipe to leave. The game has passed them by. Massa has always been one of my faves, especially during his time with Ferrari. My top 3 drivers now are in no order; Ricciardo, Hamilton [HTML_REMOVED] Verstappen. I would put the Hulk 4th. Part of me thinks that Max is the new Schumi. The way he drove in the rain today reminds me of how "the rain master" drove back in the day. I agree with Damon Hill's pre-race comments that Rosberg will never be the pure racer Hamilton is. I hope Rosberg takes the title.

Thread killer

Nov. 14, 2016, 7:42 a.m.

That was far more of a Senna performance from Verstappen than a Schumacher one.
Especially with all the constant radius outsides he was taking.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Nov. 14, 2016, 3:37 p.m.

You know who I miss? Eddie Irvine. Whatever happened to that hilarious playboy.

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 14, 2016, 4:58 p.m.

He's made millions in real estate. Always seems drunk.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Nov. 14, 2016, 5:06 p.m.

Verstappen has not been at the top of my list because of his blocking etc. but that was pretty epic on Sunday…

He destroyed everyone and would have challenged the leaders for sure if not for the tire gamble they had early on. The way he drove around Ricciardo, Vettel and Perez was pretty impressive.

Nov. 14, 2016, 7:22 p.m.

Verstappen has not been at the top of my list because of his blocking etc. but that was pretty epic on Sunday…

He destroyed everyone and would have challenged the leaders for sure if not for the tire gamble they had early on. The way he drove around Ricciardo, Vettel and Perez was pretty impressive.

I am trying hard to like him, but I can't due to the douchy blocks he has made on other drivers. There had seemed to be a code among drivers that you just don't do that. Can't deny the driving skill in Brazil though.

Thread killer

Nov. 14, 2016, 8:10 p.m.

Max made the race. THE END.
Lewis (as he said) had nothing to lose (like Nico this time last year) and Rosberg couldn't afford a mistake.

Looking forward to next year, I'm fairly confident Lance Stroll is more than a pay driver.
Historically speaking, when given a chance, Quebec drivers punch (metaphorically speaking) way above their weight limit.
I hope the new rules level the playing field.

Nov. 15, 2016, 8:31 a.m.

Really the only reason Verstappen was able to drive like that is because everyone else, apart from Hamilton, sucked.

They're all lazy and stuck in a rut driving dry lines like they always do with the great wets and high downforce they have. The difference in Brazil was that it was just too wet.

- Morgman

Nov. 16, 2016, 6:39 p.m.

Really the only reason Verstappen was able to drive like that is because everyone else, apart from Hamilton, sucked.

They're all lazy and stuck in a rut driving dry lines like they always do with the great wets and high downforce they have. The difference in Brazil was that it was just too wet.

Funny that.
When Hamilton (the winner) was asked how he rated his race (in terms of best ever), he said it was a pretty easy race.
Although he did have a clear view ahead the entire race.

Nov. 17, 2016, 8:05 a.m.

I think Verstappen said to Brundle that he couldn't get near Hamilton because he was driving the karting (wet) lines.

- Morgman

Nov. 20, 2016, 6:45 p.m.

The story behind the photo that got F1 talking . . .
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analysis-the-story-behind-the-photograph-that-got-f1-talking-841343/

Nov. 27, 2016, 9:18 a.m.

YES! Rosberg takes the title. Bit of a tense race near the end. As long as Lewis didn't take the title I'm happy. Too bad the Ferraris didn't have this kind of pace earlier in the season.

Thread killer

Nov. 27, 2016, 4:42 p.m.

lol Hamilton driving slow. Not much of a teammate.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells