2016 F1 thread.

Sept. 19, 2016, 11:39 a.m.

Well, clearly he read my comment and it lit a flame under him. Good for him I say. I sure don't want to see the 6th Spice Girl win the title again. The bag licker.

You get things done!

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 19, 2016, 12:46 p.m.

You get things done!

I…I…oh man. What have I become?

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 19, 2016, 2:51 p.m.

You get things done!

Making F1 Great Again, apparently.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Sept. 19, 2016, 3:59 p.m.

Well, clearly he read my comment and it lit a flame under him. Good for him I say. I sure don't want to see the 6th Spice Girl win the title again. The bag licker.

He told me the other day that he reads all your comments.

BTW, the second coming of bag-licking Hamilton is Verstappen. This dude is going to make a lot of enemies by the time he's done.

Better to be sleeping with a Spice Girl (Christian Horner) than accused of being one.

Thread killer

Sept. 22, 2016, 4:11 p.m.

I don't agree with Ferrari keeping Kimi on another season. They should go with someone younger/ hungrier
I have a feeling that Massa will not be with Williams next year. Then again, I've heard Bottas may not be safe either.
Hope Rosberg gets his act together, so Hamilton doesn't win another title.

Hmm, I think the Singapore GP weekend will be somewhat of a vindication story, but considering who they could have put in that seat, really unsure who they could have gotten that would be much better short-term.

Verstappen - not really a plausible option. Hulkenberg has been my pick to go to Ferrari since his season at Sauber, but at this point not likely. Perez would have seemed the obvious choice if Ferrari hadn't just signed Kimi, and to be completely honest that would have freed up another Force India seat for a deserving driver.

I suspect the prospect of Verstappen going to Ferrari pushed him to the Red Bull proper team - similarly I think the spectre of losing Stoffel Vandoorne is why Button is moving to an awkward psuedo-retirement (lame - unless Mclaren wants him in endurance cars while functioning as a test/reserve driver; even then… lame).

To me, the remaining silly season question marks are more about where Pascal Wehrlien goes (will Williams have Bottas/Werhlien, Bottas/Perez, some other setup) after Checo's financial backers have made a decision - once those two things happen, silly season is effectively over because the top three teams will stay unchanged, and the biggest standout driver among the rest is honestly Carlos Sainz Jr.

Sept. 23, 2016, 2:38 p.m.

^^^ no mention of Lance Stroll ?

Sept. 24, 2016, 9:13 p.m.

ESPN says he is a favorite to land a seat at Williams.

Thread killer

Sept. 25, 2016, 7:16 p.m.

I think Williams has very little to lose waiting a year to put him in a seat, although that may come down to a financial situation more than anything else.

When it comes to financial motivations, it's hard not to point out that the most recent race win for Williams was courtesy of one Pastor Maldonado…

Oct. 3, 2016, 6:11 p.m.

BBC online Front Page barely mentions F1 on a Monday after a race if Lewis doesn't win.

Oct. 3, 2016, 10:46 p.m.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2016/10/f1-alonso-video-onboard-first-lap-sepang.html
This is why he's still the best. Put him in the Merc seat [HTML_REMOVED] it would be over by now.

Thread killer

Oct. 4, 2016, 6:09 a.m.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2016/10/f1-alonso-video-onboard-first-lap-sepang.html
This is why he's still the best. Put him in the Merc seat [HTML_REMOVED] it would be over by now.

Mancrush alert!

Me too. 👏

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 7, 2016, 1:12 p.m.

I wonder if he could have gotten Sainz and Palmer on that opening lap too if the VSC didn't drop. That is just crazy, and I can't wait to see if McLaren can get him and Stoeffel in a solid mid-pack car for next year.

Oct. 9, 2016, 9:20 a.m.

Apart from when he couldn't beat Hamilton at McLaren, through his toys out of the pram and grassed up the team to the FIA.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Oct. 9, 2016, 10:53 a.m.

The Sky coverage of the whole weekend has been excellent. Lots of informative sections on car technology, teams, etc.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 14, 2016, 8:18 p.m.

Here's a good write up from an unlikely source . . .

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/10/motorsport/news-formula-1-lewis-hamilton-mission-impossible/index.html

edit: for those too lazy to click on the stories link "bottomless reserves of childishness"
- https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/oct/09/lewis-hamilton-national-treasure-paranoid-f1