2016 F1 thread.

March 20, 2016, 2:32 p.m.

Hard to believe Alonso walked away from that crash. It looked horrific. I'm wondering if he could've gotten out so easy if the proposed halo device was in place. Good to see Ferrari can compete with the Mercs. I don't really like the new qualifying, but we'll see how it shakes out. The middle of the field looks to be competitive.
Edit; After first bragging that F1 shouldn't be too hard, then backtracking [HTML_REMOVED] saying he's been overwhelmed, Haas racing became only the 2nd new team ever to score points in it's first race. Gotta hand it to them.

Thread killer

March 20, 2016, 3:45 p.m.

The speed they are going at is hard to visualize until you see something like the Alonso crash. His car flew for quite a distance after the impact.

How did Ferrari get off the line so fast? I didn't understand the explanation that was given. The guy said something like they have fast fingers.

Hopefully the competition will remain close for the duration of the season.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 20, 2016, 8:04 p.m.

One of the biggest crashes that I have seen in F1 for sure. I think the halo might have only been a problem if there had been a fire…

Too bad that crash ultimately determined the finish order of the race. could have been an interesting finish if Vettel hadn't cocked up near the end…

Qualifying was an utter mess! No one running with 2 minutes to go?

March 20, 2016, 11:20 p.m.

I hope the ferrari's can win this year. Would love to see the Mercedes lose more. That one camera angle of the crash
from inside the barrier was sick. Pretty cool. When I saw Alonso get out right away I was pretty surprised but glad.

http://carcraftautorepair.ca/

Follow Us On FaceBook

March 21, 2016, 8:06 p.m.

He's not a very good driver! :lol: Supposed to go around, not through the other car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB7fkXtdluw

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

March 21, 2016, 8:22 p.m.

He's not a very good driver! :lol: Supposed to go around, not through the other car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB7fkXtdluw

He's actually the best driver in the field, that's what the ironic part is. Basically, any team would dump either of it's drivers if they could get Alonso.

Thread killer

March 23, 2016, 9:29 a.m.

Ten years ago, maybe even less, and Alonso is dead. Brutal crash.

As for it determining the race, no way. Ferrari not chaning tires determined the outcome. Even if they didn't know how the tires would react, you are ahead of Mercedes, put on the same tires and let the chips fall where they may. Either you all have to pit or no one does. Bad decision making lost the race.

One of the biggest crashes that I have seen in F1 for sure. I think the halo might have only been a problem if there had been a fire…

Too bad that crash ultimately determined the finish order of the race. could have been an interesting finish if Vettel hadn't cocked up near the end…

Qualifying was an utter mess! No one running with 2 minutes to go?

ESC 4 Life.

I create feelings in people that they themselves don't understand.

"Perhaps it was the Noid who should have avoided me." - Mayor West

April 2, 2016, 10:38 p.m.

I guess he's not as unscathed as we would think. Fractured ribs [HTML_REMOVED] a partially collapsed lung mean he's out for Bahrain. I don't like the new qualifying. Seems as though the teams don't really understand it yet either. Croft and Brundle are a step up from Coulthard [HTML_REMOVED] Legard.

Thread killer

April 3, 2016, 8:06 a.m.

Well that was a fun start!

April 3, 2016, 3:45 p.m.

Gene Haas backing up his talk with points finishes. Alot of thanks to Ferrari it has to be said, but nevertheless.

Thread killer

April 3, 2016, 5:38 p.m.

Watched the Bahrain race this morning .

Did it seem the race coverage spent a lot of time showing us racing / dicing / passing throughout the field, as opposed to following the leaders parade around the circuit ?

I'm trying to decide if F1 is actually more entertaining than I used to find it .

Good showing from that Haas car . . . F1 could use some new blood like that .

April 17, 2016, 12:37 p.m.

Another start screwing up the whole race.

But good to see some of the racers come back from being way back, out starting from way back.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 17, 2016, 1:43 p.m.

So glad they went back to the old qualifying system. Red Bulls looking pretty good. Fortunately for Hulkenberg, his wheel didn't fall off at high speed.

Thread killer

April 18, 2016, 9:29 a.m.

China has not been my favourite race in the past but that was a good show…

To bad Ricciardo had his issue. Would have been good to see him force Rosberg to overtake and race for a while.

I always love seeing Hamilton floundering in the pack.

May 1, 2016, 11:37 a.m.

Aside from the first lap, a pretty boring Russian GP. Assuming Kvyat will get a talking to. If Seb wasn't mad enough at him in China, this should make things worse. Good to see both McLarens in the points. Although I'm no fan of Mercedes, I'd rather see Nico taking these races instead of Lewis. Putin's bodyguard bill must be huge; did you see all those monkeys following him everywhere he went?

Thread killer