2016 BC Property Assessment

Jan. 2, 2017, 9:23 a.m.

Mine is up 28.5% in Squamish

Jan. 2, 2017, 9:32 a.m.

https://evaluebc.bcassessment.ca/

Thanks Dave finally figured it out , not as thick headed today LOL .

If I go by their statement we went up $171K , that being said the recent assessment by the bank adds another $65K .

And if you compare to what the house across the street just sold for relative to assessment it,s still low .

All I know is the valve assigned to houses and property today is INSANE!! I truly feel for the next generations average house price is over $500K just for a dump in the sticks now .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 2, 2017, 10:19 a.m.

just checked out mine. I think I touched cloth. Excuse me while I clean up. For that you would expect to see a snow plow.

Jan. 2, 2017, 11:22 a.m.

it's happening now. 2 neighbours within a few blocks are new here from the LM in the last yr. Kamloops and the Okanagan is the same way. mass exodus it ain't but a slow trickle that will only steadily increase as people seek quality of life and affordability.

More of a damp spot

people are afraid of the cold, the hinterlands and the big one having to give up the Starbucks for TimHortons

The idea of moving beyond Hope is not appealing to very many people, we tried to get HW guys to come north, 3 guys were willing so they came up for a look but they didn't think they could move to PG and remain married so IBM had to hire a guy with the understanding of a 3 yr commitment

Jan. 2, 2017, 1:15 p.m.

I'm a SW guy, but interesting to see there are HW jobs up north in Prince George. How did that 3 year commitment work? If IBM fired the guy he would be paid the remaining term of the 3 year contract?

When I moved further east from downtown to the eastside almost 4 years ago I already thought house prices were ridiculous. I remember saying to my friend, "yes I'm buying another place, but no way are prices going to go higher". Wrong.

For people like us who like the outdoor pursuits it's starting to look a little ridiculous working 5 days a week when you could sell up and go mountain biking/skiing every day…

Jan. 2, 2017, 2:06 p.m.

For people like us who like the outdoor pursuits it's starting to look a little ridiculous working 5 days a week when you could sell up and go mountain biking/skiing every day…

exactly , I would rather be debt free and work casual , tired of working just to pay bills to exist

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 2, 2017, 2:07 p.m.

Thanks Dave finally figured it out , not as thick headed today LOL .

If I go by their statement we went up $171K , that being said the recent assessment by the bank adds another $65K .

And if you compare to what the house across the street just sold for relative to assessment it,s still low .

All I know is the valve assigned to houses and property today is INSANE!! I truly feel for the next generations average house price is over $500K just for a dump in the sticks now .

Our assessment is up too, 25% or so. It's bang on what our neighbors house sold for in the spring, but the market has dropped a bit this fall.

Jan. 2, 2017, 6 p.m.

I'm a SW guy, but interesting to see there are HW jobs up north in Prince George. How did that 3 year commitment work? If IBM fired the guy he would be paid the remaining term of the 3 year contract?

No idea how that worked out for buddy and I lost touch with IBM other than to cash the pension checks but he had alredy been on a never ending contract in Vancover so they knew him and were reasonably sure he would workout if they actualy hired him full time so unless they changed policy a bunch I bet he could still be there if that's what he wanted cuz how it worked or works up Narth is you fix a little bit of EVERYTHING but none of it very well cuz you don't get the experiance but you have the PH# for the guy who can tell you WTF to do

So the up side is you are diversifyed cuz there is one of every product line from AS400 to banking to POS in food stores so losing a customer does not affect you like it would in vangroovy cuz there is still a bunch of HW that needs to stay running so I even worked on a mainframe communications controler that they would never let me near in Vancover

But what job can you do from your basement office on an LT? I used to call all kinds of IBM country support types living all over the place

Up here I know people from ISM (bascily IBM), Apple, the rocket scientist, a whole shwack of enviro types … its endless

AND a big problem for the 30 something educated women …they can't find men

Jan. 2, 2017, 6:47 p.m.

books flight to NARTH

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 2, 2017, 7:36 p.m.

it's happening now. 2 neighbours within a few blocks are new here from the LM in the last yr. Kamloops and the Okanagan is the same way. mass exodus it ain't but a slow trickle that will only steadily increase as people seek quality of life and affordability.

Ha … that's me and my family … moved to the CV in May. Love it and don't miss the mainland except for my old riding buddies, but the folks I've met here so far are friendly and there are shop rides a plenty. Trails are never busy like the Shore … quality of life is exponentially better. #topticked getting outta the mainland RE craziness.

As someone already posted, big issue is work. I was lucky enough to keep my mainland job and now work from home 100%.

I'm still here Al G. :fro:

:canada: :england:

Jan. 2, 2017, 7:50 p.m.

No idea how that worked out for buddy and I lost touch with IBM other than to cash the pension checks but he had alredy been on a never ending contract in Vancover so they knew him and were reasonably sure he would workout if they actualy hired him full time so unless they changed policy a bunch I bet he could still be there if that's what he wanted cuz how it worked or works up Narth is you fix a little bit of EVERYTHING but none of it very well cuz you don't get the experiance but you have the PH# for the guy who can tell you WTF to do

So the up side is you are diversifyed cuz there is one of every product line from AS400 to banking to POS in food stores so losing a customer does not affect you like it would in vangroovy cuz there is still a bunch of HW that needs to stay running so I even worked on a mainframe communications controler that they would never let me near in Vancover

But what job can you do from your basement office on an LT? I used to call all kinds of IBM country support types living all over the place

Up here I know people from ISM (bascily IBM), Apple, the rocket scientist, a whole shwack of enviro types … its endless

You also know assholes like me….now show me these women,cause I'm calling bullshit.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 2, 2017, 7:54 p.m.

Ha … that's me and my family … moved to the CV in May. Love it and don't miss the mainland except for my old riding buddies, but the folks I've met here so far are friendly and there are shop rides a plenty. Trails are never busy like the Shore … quality of life is exponentially better. #topticked getting outta the mainland RE craziness.

As someone already posted, big issue is work. I was lucky enough to keep my mainland job and now work from home 100%.

I'm still here Al G. :fro:

Jon ?!

Jan. 2, 2017, 7:58 p.m.

You also know assholes like me….now show me these women,cause I'm calling bullshit.

Yup I'm equal opurtoonity

the women well they are more into the yoga,

and they don't go to the tractor pulls eh?

Jan. 2, 2017, 9:04 p.m.

Yup I'm equal opurtoonity

the women well they are more into the yoga,

and they don't go to the tractor pulls eh?

OMG THERE'S TRACTOR PULLS?!?!?! WHERE?!?!?

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 2, 2017, 9:06 p.m.

Mine is up 44% in West Van 16/15. Its nonsense. Its also based upon July 1, close in time to where we peaked last year; the real estate market has changed a lot since then.

Market value is probably down 10% from July. Put in whatever number you want at whatever date and it is still irrelevant.

It doesnt matter until THE DAY you go to sell the house, and even then your assessment only matters a little bit - its irrelevant to either the buyer or the seller depending upon what the market has done in the time since!

And just remember, values that go up so quickly go down equally quickly. Dont bank on the assessment!