2015 Formula 1 thread.

Dec. 17, 2015, 1:17 a.m.

Piquet and Mansell were also let go by Williams after winning the World Championship.

Hill was hardly average. He beat Prost (and everyone else) on a few occasions in 93 and he would have beat Schumacher in 94 if the cheat hadn't rammed him. He also nearly won a race in that crappy Arrows too.

Unrelated to F1 but watch this potato quality video and look how obscenely easy he's throwing this Merc around compared to journo's like Needell and Harris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3NSMx7Ev5A

That vid was fantastic….

Bluster, wish we had a Canuck to root for too…but Vilinouve has gone electric.

Dec. 17, 2015, 7:38 a.m.

Mansell; 31 wins [HTML_REMOVED] 1 title. Piquet; 23 wins [HTML_REMOVED] 3 titles. Both superior to Hill; 22 wins [HTML_REMOVED] 1 title. Piquet moving to Lotus after 1987 had more to do with him being pissed at Williams than them dropping him. He felt they didn't live up to some promises that were made. I still believe Hill was an average F1 driver. Of course they are all good. You have to be, to get to that level.

Hill started very late in single seaters. If anything that's why he didn't have the F1 career he could have.

Still, I'd say he was the most genuine guy of all the modern era F1 drivers. Can you imagine Hamilton etc staying with their wife and disabled child after becoming world champion?

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Dec. 30, 2015, 11:39 p.m.

Formula One related. Interesting.

http://nr.news-republic.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=55[HTML_REMOVED]articleid=54740983

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells