2015 Formula 1 thread.

May 11, 2015, 5:02 p.m.

F1 is dead. I just watched some highlights of today's race. The definition of dull. WEC is the new pinnacle of Motorsport. If Moto GP wasn't already.

I still enjoy the spectacle… It might not always be the most exciting wheel-to-wheel racing, but watching the different strategies play out is interesting. The build-up [HTML_REMOVED] the hype is sometimes more exciting than the race, but they're still the fastest cars around a circuit [HTML_REMOVED] there's some great young drivers coming up through the ranks. The sooner Bernie pops his clogs, the better.

Where do you watch Moto GP? I can never find it anywhere. Rossi will always be the man, but Marquez has seriously raised the bar lately.

Never hear anything of the WRC these days. That series seems to have really gone off the boil.

Supercross is the only North American motorsport that I can get into. Disappointing season this year though.

May 11, 2015, 6:46 p.m.

I watch motogp on ITV, next day replay. They usually have world rally highlights too.

May 11, 2015, 9:04 p.m.

The problem with F1 is the aero regs. For some reason the FIA want to keep the cars open wheel (which is stupidly dated) and have these tiny areas of aero freedom which the teams maximize to a ridiculous degree. The result being cars that are absolutely aero sensitive so they can't follow/pressure/overtake without loosing downforce and subsequently eating tires. They try to compensate with gimmicky crap like DRS but who wants to see aided overtaking on straights? They need to get back to single plane wings and tires that are vastly less sensitive to temperature.

The top LMP1 cars are over twice the downforce of an F1 car yet they can do a whole lap sitting on each others diffuser/splitter. Apparently all they need to loose is 80kg and they would be quicker than an F1 Mercedes over a single lap yet they would be miles faster in the race due to the efficiency. Obviously the FIA doesn't want that and keeps the minimum weight relatively high.

Audi testing at Monza for Le Mans a couple weeks back. They're not even lifting around Curva Grande this year. Can you imagine the aerodynamicist telling you that you can stay flat, 340kph though the turn and then having to go out and keep your foot in? Nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGXCIw96-N0

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 12, 2015, 9:21 a.m.

How do I embed a video?

Off topic, but amazing footage from one of the greatest drivers of this generation.

May 12, 2015, 12:11 p.m.

That audi video is awesome. I just wish they used similar specs for a sprint race format. I would be all over that….

Reminds me of this one from 92…. (minus the moustache and screaming v10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrRcH-M5oP4

May 12, 2015, 12:11 p.m.

Its a shame we didn't see him in an f1 car, it nearly happened. his pikes peak record run is amazing too.

May 12, 2015, 5:41 p.m.

That TS010 is stunning. I hear you regarding shorter races but as they say the current WEC races are a series of sprints between pitstops. No longer do they have to go easy on the car to stop the gearbox blowing up etc, they just pound around at near qualifying speeds. It's bonkers!

I usually watch them over a couple of nights. Spa was great IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TuONbqsk7A

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

July 21, 2015, 8:36 p.m.

What TV provider are people using to get F1 races in Canada?

My brother was telling me that it isn't really available in Canada anymore, and as my parents are fans I'd like to figure out some way they could watch.

July 21, 2015, 9:31 p.m.

What TV provider are people using to get F1 races in Canada?

My brother was telling me that it isn't really available in Canada anymore, and as my parents are fans I'd like to figure out some way they could watch.

It was on tsn when i had cable, i watch it on the uk bbc now.

July 21, 2015, 11:12 p.m.

It was on tsn when i had cable, i watch it on the uk bbc now.

TSN or stream

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

July 22, 2015, 10:23 a.m.

TSN, The cable channel, I stream bbc.

July 22, 2015, 10:32 a.m.

Thanks all!

I see the 2015 F1 schedule on the various TSN channels:
http://www.tsn.ca/formula-one-racing-on-tsn-1.187712

July 27, 2015, 10:46 a.m.

Hungary was a great race. When the mercs are not 30+ seconds in front and cruising the racing is actually pretty good.

July 27, 2015, 7:43 p.m.

Hungary was a great race. When the mercs are not 30+ seconds in front and cruising the racing is actually pretty good.

Yup, hulkenburg must have crapped himself

July 29, 2015, 7:16 a.m.

Rosberg continues to frustrate me. I hate Hamilton and wish his team mate would show him up but clearly Rosberg does not have the talent or team support. What the hell was with his staying on the slower primes when he had a chance to switch to the faster options? Dumb decision.

Wrong. Always.