2015 Formula 1 thread.

April 12, 2015, 3:23 p.m.

Bit of a boring race up front, but some good battles mid-pack. Good to see Kimi back in form. Alonso has made some bad career decisions. Should have stayed with Ferrari.

Thread killer

April 12, 2015, 6:10 p.m.

The highlight for me was the marshalls doing a 20 point turn with the toro rosso. Alonso is supposedly getting 40 million per year for his services to help ease the torment! Hamiltons still not signed a new contract so i think he might be in red next year. His la ferrari is wetting his appetite.

April 13, 2015, 12:50 p.m.

Alonso has made some bad career decisions. Should have stayed with Ferrari.

I think he said he's already finished 2nd enough times that unless he got on with Mercedes it didn't really matter. Guess he felt like taking a gamble on the future. No doubt Ferrari has improved but I think their last win was a little bit of a fluke.

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

April 14, 2015, 9:25 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDkdg4VMdyE

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

April 14, 2015, 10:35 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDkdg4VMdyE

This thread is for Formula 1 racing. If you wanna talk about minor league racing, start another thread!

Thread killer

April 15, 2015, 9:09 p.m.

Don't disrespect the dead, eh?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

April 20, 2015, 7:43 a.m.

Glad to see the red cars challenge the Mercs a little bit. Obviously not as fast, but upon occasion can match or surpass their pace. Alonso just misses scoring a point for his team, which would have been miraculous considering where Honda has come from this year. Is there ever a race where Maldonado does not have an incident? If it wasn't for his sponsorship money, he'd be out of F1 years ago.

Thread killer

April 21, 2015, 3:17 a.m.

Decent race, things clicked for kimi at last. I like seeing the sparks fly again.

May 10, 2015, 8:44 p.m.

Nice move by Kimi in the first lap. Bad move by Hamilton saying his crew cost him the win. Punk move again. If he ever goes to Ferrari, I'll quit watching.

Thread killer

May 10, 2015, 8:58 p.m.

F1 is dead. I just watched some highlights of today's race. The definition of dull. WEC is the new pinnacle of Motorsport. If Moto GP wasn't already.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

May 11, 2015, 10:51 a.m.

F1 is dead. I just watched some highlights of today's race. The definition of dull. WEC is the new pinnacle of Motorsport. If Moto GP wasn't already.

Its been a good year regarding the bikes, my own pinnacle of motorsport starts in 3 weeks. The TT is the only form of motorsport that truly excites me and scares the crap out of me at the same time. The riders are so humble and ride for the thrill mainly. They are the one's who should be raking in the millions. They truly are a different breed of people. Short circuit megastars say the same thing. ITV will air 1 hour per night for 2 weeks.
F1 goes in cycles, the schumacher and vettel redbull eras had me bored me silly. Maybe one day we will get screamer v8's back. If there was a budget cap it could make things better.
Ham and vettel need to be in the same car one day as the current top dogs. As a rookie, ham equalled alonso, so that doesnt need a replay. If ham goes to ferrari that might give ricciardo a merc. Mouth watering prospect.

May 11, 2015, 11:13 a.m.

Formula E, beeyotches!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38K0QI6gnHs

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 11, 2015, 1:04 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XKnR4e1lZM

May 11, 2015, 1:06 p.m.

If there was a budget cap it could make things better.

that, and/or open up the car "format". It works for WEC… red bull sporting an inline three diesel hybrid, Ferrari a v12, merc a compressor inline 8 with a proper torque converter automatic, and to keep the electricifists happy, tesla would enter a model F P125D. Opening up regulations worked in the 1970s…. See Tyrell 6 wheeler.

while at it, add another scoring category: aesthetics: each team gets rewarded by a panel of professionals and/or by tele voters, which car looks the best. By the end of each race, the points would be added to the overall constructors championship. Maybe the same could be done for drivers themselves; minus pouts for all that have earrings, plus point for suitable facial hair? Let the women (or men) decide. Think also of the revenue tele voting would bring to Bernie!

i'd watch this sport. Formula Vanity F.

May 11, 2015, 2:12 p.m.

Double neg points for sparkly earings. Something needs to give.