2013 NHL Playoff Thread - or "The Events Leading up to This Years Vancouver Riot"

May 23, 2013, 3:52 p.m.

How many other teams would let a dick like Marchand pound on their star player with no retribution at all? There should have been at least 4 other guys at least attempt to come to his defense but no one did a thing. Heart, grit and toughness help win Cups and that clip shows that the Canucks have none of the above.

I'm pretty sure that was partly due to AV's style of coaching and thats why I won't miss him. Many other coaches would have let the boys go at Marchand but AV preached holding back. When you hold back you depend on the refs to protect you. When they don't and you complain, you get labelled a whiner and get even less calls.

This hold back attitude is one reason (not the only one) that Kassian and Ballard are always in the dog-house. The don't hold back.

Great coach in many other areas but the Nucks need a culture change. I welcome a new start with a new coach.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

May 24, 2013, 12:44 p.m.

How many other teams would let a dick like Marchand pound on their star player with no retribution at all? There should have been at least 4 other guys at least attempt to come to his defense but no one did a thing. Heart, grit and toughness help win Cups and that clip shows that the Canucks have none of the above.

If the Canucks had none of the above they would never have played in the SCF that year. How did they beat the defending champion Blackhawks without heart or grit? They were also gun shy from the ref's whistle at that point and wanted a PP not a PK, which they should have had. The Bruins were allowed to bully the Canucks and that is all that clip proves.

May 24, 2013, 8:41 p.m.

If the Canucks had none of the above they would never have played in the SCF that year. How did they beat the defending champion Blackhawks without heart or grit? They were also gun shy from the ref's whistle at that point and wanted a PP not a PK, which they should have had. The Bruins were allowed to bully the Canucks and that is all that clip proves.

and with what someone else mentioned, If kassian and Ballard(who I think should get more ice time under a new coach, guy skates really well, can jump in the play, which is why he was sought after and got the contract he did) are allowed to get their shots in and what not, that can benefit the team in a way that could give the 'nucks a little more respect. People view 'nucks as a pussy team, real nucks fan know we aren't but its a stupid reputation that only gets enforced more with retarded videos like the one posted ^^

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

May 29, 2013, 7:41 p.m.

The refs are going to win the cup this year

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 29, 2013, 7:42 p.m.

The refs are going to win the cup this year

Yeah, that penalty shot call the other day was fucking brutal.

May 29, 2013, 7:44 p.m.

Forgot to add, that call was probably worse than Sedin's two minutes for body-checking call in OT.

May 30, 2013, 11:02 a.m.

Playoff triva via TSN: It's the first time since 1945 that the final four teams have been the last 4 Stanley Cup Champions.

June 1, 2013, 3:12 a.m.

Playoff triva via TSN: It's the first time since 1945 that the final four teams have been the last 4 Stanley Cup Champions.

You could even say the last 5 teams playing this year were the last 5 champions.

I expect these conference series to be epic.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

June 3, 2013, 7:11 p.m.

So … how bout dem Pen gooweens??

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 3, 2013, 7:33 p.m.

It's clear that the Penguins need a North American Captain who can score. And another scoring North American who is gritty. Without them, they won't win.

God I feel dirty when I type stupid shit like this.

June 3, 2013, 8:36 p.m.

Hahaa Pens.

hahaa…

June 3, 2013, 8:55 p.m.

Say what! You guys where watching another Pens fail, during game 7 Heat/Pacers?

June 4, 2013, 2:03 a.m.

Basketball is a thinking man's sport.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 4, 2013, 7:27 a.m.

what is a heat ???

and i didnt think they were still making the AMC pacer anymore..

:crazy:

June 4, 2013, 11:13 a.m.

King James going for his 2nd title, I hope Heat get it

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity