2013 NHL Playoff Thread - or "The Events Leading up to This Years Vancouver Riot"

May 22, 2013, 6:52 p.m.

A goalie that is top 5 in scoring? Damn, you don't demand much do you?

That sound… that sound.

Is it… "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH"?

May 22, 2013, 6:58 p.m.

Which player, year after year, wins Stanley Cups?

CORRECT!

No one.

It's easy to apply a narrative as to why team X won a Stanley Cup ex post facto.

The inescapable fact is that luck plays a huge fucking role in the matter.

The passionate fan likes to think they have the answer, but in reality, they are only a slave to their masturbitic tendencies.

You can only make designs to finish near the top and hope for the best. Which we have been doing.

Firing AV was a dumb and emotional decision. If anything should have happened, it was firing Gillis for the way he mishandled Luoungo.

May 22, 2013, 7:35 p.m.

Snieder game 3 and 4 was a HUGE coaching fuck up, adios AV! MG doesn't haven't a fucking clue, and neither do the sisters in play off hockey. LOu is the most expensive fail in NHL history! This team _is_and will ALWAYS be: fucking LOL! End Rant, carry on good people.

May 22, 2013, 7:39 p.m.

Snieder game 3 and 4 was a HUGE coaching fuck up, adios AV! MG doesn't haven't a fucking clue, and neither do the sisters in play off hockey. LOu is the most expensive fail in NHL history! This team _is_and will ALWAYS be: fucking LOL! End Rant, carry on good people.

A healthy Schnieder in game 3 or 4 would have been the right call. Forcing him to come back and carry the load of 0-2 series and not having enough time to properly recover from his groin injury.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

May 22, 2013, 7:51 p.m.

does every other city have the same attitude of the local team?

I mean the 29 teams that don't win the cup that particular year?

It would be interesting to know if hockey fans in other teams are as brutal as Vancouver.

May 22, 2013, 7:58 p.m.

does every other city have the same attitude of the local team?

I mean the 29 teams that don't win the cup that particular year?

It would be interesting to know if hockey fans in other teams are as brutal as Vancouver.

Yes, try going to Toronto or Montreal. I've have watched games where the home team gets booed LOUDLY after a shitty game.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

May 22, 2013, 11:22 p.m.

I vote for, "It won't make a difference".

I vote it will make a difference, we will be shittier and wont even make the playoffs..

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

May 22, 2013, 11:56 p.m.

You just sound like a hater and are trollin this thread to bash on our team. Were you Lol'ing when we made it to the finals few years back?.. but Bruins are a brutal team, how they doing this year again?

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

May 23, 2013, midnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ZZeyeznwI

This pretty much sums up why the Canucks haven't won a Cup especially these past few seasons. No grit, very little heart and zero secondary scoring.

May 23, 2013, 2:37 a.m.

Snieder game 3 and 4 was a HUGE coaching fuck up, adios AV!

Agreed.

And I disagree with AV is a great coach. When it's playoff time, the other teams are in a 7 game series with the Canucks, and they adjust their play to eliminate weaknesses and take advantage of Canuck weaknesses. AV doesn't adjust to changes with the other team, or if he does, it's a game or two later and by that time the other team has made new adjustments. This is not abnormal in team sports, and is often why a highly ranked team does poorly.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 23, 2013, 12:16 p.m.

This pretty much sums up why the Canucks haven't won a Cup especially these past few seasons. No grit, very little heart and zero secondary scoring.

A clip from the the year we went to game 7 of the SCF sums up why we haven't won a cup? I think this only sums up why the NHL should fire half the refs and watch the other half squirm to keep their jobs.

May 23, 2013, 12:27 p.m.

Gillis is tight with ownership so he gets one last kick at the can whether he deserves it or not. First off he needs to find a coach that is in lock step with his philosophy so that we don't have multi-million dollar healthy scratches. The next coach will need to be able to motivate these guys somehow. He should put the C on Kesler. he should let the young guys make a few mistakes without sending them back down. I agree with DaveM "I think they need a couple of studs to flank a healthy Kesler and take over the #1 line, Sedins fall back to #2 and finish their careers here.". They can keep Burrows on the Sedin line. But to do this Gillis is going to have to work some serious magic in trades to keep under the new cap and still have a decent third line.

IMO there is no need to scrap the team core, but there has to be some risky moves by Christmas to change the character of this team or Gillis won't be back for 2014/15.

May 23, 2013, 12:30 p.m.

Isn't the C usually chosen by the players themselves?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 23, 2013, 12:54 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ZZeyeznwI

NHL fans realize how hard it is to win a stanley cup.. not Canucks fans

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

May 23, 2013, 2:23 p.m.

A clip from the the year we went to game 7 of the SCF sums up why we haven't won a cup? I think this only sums up why the NHL should fire half the refs and watch the other half squirm to keep their jobs.

How many other teams would let a dick like Marchand pound on their star player with no retribution at all? There should have been at least 4 other guys at least attempt to come to his defense but no one did a thing. Heart, grit and toughness help win Cups and that clip shows that the Canucks have none of the above.