2013 NHL Playoff Thread - or "The Events Leading up to This Years Vancouver Riot"

May 8, 2013, 8:59 a.m.

Worst call I have ever seen in playoff hockey. I'm done. TO can win the cup now for all I care. Fucking zebras.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26329

May 8, 2013, 9:16 a.m.

Couldn't find it on there, but thanks for your help!

May 8, 2013, 9:28 a.m.

:canada:

May 8, 2013, 9:30 a.m.

Bad refs didn't lose the series for Vancouver, bad playing did. This series was typical of the entire season…

It may have contributed to the result of the last game, but the series result was inevitable.

Things that make you go hmmm is Kelly Sutherland made that call from 80 feet away, while the ref that was right there didn't. Kelly Sutherland gave Vigneault the 2 minute bench minor for saying "it's an elbow" this season for which he was called out on.

Refs should call the game as it applies to the rules, same rules all the time. They should not have an impact on the outcome.

May 8, 2013, 9:33 a.m.

May 8, 2013, 9:37 a.m.

And yet…during the TSN highlights there were two identical hits shown from other games with no penalties called….

I think I am done with the NHL - seems about as real as WWF wrestling.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

May 8, 2013, 10:20 a.m.

Bad refs didn't lose the series for Vancouver, bad playing did. This series was typical of the entire season…

It may have contributed to the result of the last game, but the series result was inevitable.

Things that make you go hmmm is Kelly Sutherland made that call from 80 feet away, while the ref that was right there didn't. Kelly Sutherland gave Vigneault the 2 minute bench minor for saying "it's an elbow" this season for which he was called out on.

Refs should call the game as it applies to the rules, same rules all the time. They should not have an impact on the outcome.

Thank you. People seem to think if it wasn't for these penalties the Canucks were going all the way.

as for Sutherland making the call 80 ft away, many times the further ref makes the call because the closer ref is focused on the puck and doesn't always see these penalties. Sutherland would have seen the whole ice and would have noticed it easier than the ref who was focusing on the puck.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

May 8, 2013, 10:22 a.m.

You need the rule on diving

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

May 8, 2013, 10:43 a.m.

People seem to think if it wasn't for these penalties the Canucks were going all the way.

Did anyone here think the Canucks were going all the way?

May 8, 2013, 10:49 a.m.

Only the most faithful of Nucks fans:crybaby:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 8, 2013, 10:49 a.m.

I didn't mean NSMB specifically but man around town in PG you should hear the people bitching. I overheard one guy tell his buddy that the "refs basically took the Cup out of Vancouver's hands last night."

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

May 8, 2013, 10:54 a.m.

I didn't mean NSMB specifically but man around town in PG you should hear the people bitching. I overheard one guy tell his buddy that the "refs basically took the Cup out of Vancouver's hands last night."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ride, don't slide.

May 8, 2013, 11:13 a.m.

Next year will be the year the Canucks go all the way and get the cup.

May 8, 2013, 11:14 a.m.

Just for the record, that wasn't me. There's some crazy fans up here for sure though. But that guy might be the most unreasonable. I mean, come on, beat San Jose four straight? Not likely to happen. They couldn't beat them once this year, let alone four times.

May 8, 2013, 11:25 a.m.

Just for the record, that wasn't me. There's some crazy fans up here for sure though. But that guy might be the most unreasonable. I mean, come on, beat San Jose four straight? Not likely to happen. They couldn't beat them once this year, let alone four times.

Its fun to rile up some of the fans here though. lol.

I get into it with some friends that are fans and ask them why they can't score. "Its pretty hard to score goals when the refs won't let them". Whether there is validity to the shitty calls or not the simple fact is the team didn't put pucks into the net. The top line of Sedins and Burrows had 6 points in 4 games. Three players on the Sharks had 6 or more points in the 4 games. And where was the secondary scoring of Hansen and Higgins? Not a single point in 4 games.