2013 NHL Playoff Thread - or "The Events Leading up to This Years Vancouver Riot"

May 19, 2013, 8:12 p.m.

Hell of a game tonight in Ottawa. First OT done with nothing resolved.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 20, 2013, 1:34 a.m.

Vancouver could learn a thing or two

Not to derail this thread here, but those soccer riots happen ALL the time, they're used to them, probably expected

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

May 22, 2013, 1:07 p.m.

AV is gone. Who is going to be the new guy?

May 22, 2013, 1:09 p.m.

AV is gone. Who is going to be the new guy?

I vote for, "It won't make a difference".

May 22, 2013, 1:18 p.m.

I vote for, "It won't make a difference".

REBUTAL!.. might make a difference, imagine a Tortorella yelling at the Sedins or Raymond to pick up their intensity a little, could spark'em or, complete opposite affect

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

May 22, 2013, 1:23 p.m.

I'm going to have to agree with the majority of Canucks fans. It won't make a difference until we get a goalie who's top 5 in scoring and top 1 in GAA.

May 22, 2013, 1:49 p.m.

REBUTAL!.. might make a difference, imagine a Tortorella yelling at the Sedins or Raymond to pick up their intensity a little, could spark'em or, complete opposite affect

How did Keenan make out here?

May 22, 2013, 3:25 p.m.

I'm going to have to agree with the majority of Canucks fans. It won't make a difference until we get a goalie who's top 5 in scoring and top 1 in GAA.

A goalie that is top 5 in scoring? Damn, you don't demand much do you?

May 22, 2013, 4:23 p.m.

I'd love to see Lindy Ruff come in to see what he can do. He did a lot more in Buffalo for a couple seasons with far less talent.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

May 22, 2013, 4:33 p.m.

FireGillis seems to be moving up the trending topics list on Twitter right now…

Ride, don't slide.

May 22, 2013, 4:51 p.m.

I'd love to see Lindy Ruff come in to see what he can do. He did a lot more in Buffalo for a couple seasons with far less talent.

really? another defensive style coach? can't see it happening

May 22, 2013, 4:54 p.m.

I think Gillis nailed it when he said AV is a great coach, great person, but the time has come to make the change. I would get rid of the Sedins sisters. There's no way either one of them should be captain, same as Markus Naslund shouldn't have been.

Thread killer

May 22, 2013, 5:06 p.m.

really? another defensive style coach? can't see it happening

He is a little more offensive minded than AV was. Ruff has an ass load of experience at all levels and was assistant in Vancouver during the Olympics.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

May 22, 2013, 5:07 p.m.

I would get rid of the Sedins sisters. There's no way either one of them should be captain, same as Markus Naslund shouldn't have been.

Where though? The Sedins are the same as Luongo in that they are awesome during the regular season and gone during the playoffs. Gillis wants the price to reflect their performance during the regular season and no one is going to give anyone $6mil when they disappear when they are needed most.

May 22, 2013, 5:53 p.m.

Where though? The Sedins are the same as Luongo in that they are awesome during the regular season and gone during the playoffs. Gillis wants the price to reflect their performance during the regular season and no one is going to give anyone $6mil when they disappear when they are needed most.

no shit, they aren't going anywhere.

the whole team went missing in the playoffs the past couple of years, that's where the coach takes the heat. You can't be winning the president's cup then get punted in the first round. That has to be a team's system not working in the playoffs (in my uneducated opinion)

I think they need a couple of studs to flank a healthy Kesler and take over the #1 line, Sedins fall back to #2 and finish their careers here.