2013 NHL Playoff Thread - or "The Events Leading up to This Years Vancouver Riot"

April 24, 2013, 9:38 a.m.

Are you implying the Oilers sucked yet another so they could draft Seth Jones?

Yes. But mathematically we can't come last. Right now we have a 6.2% chance of getting it, but we'll likely blow every game up to and wind up with an 8.1% chance at it.

April 24, 2013, 9:56 a.m.

flyers out in…..

oh yeah, flyers not in.

quoted just because.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

April 24, 2013, 9:59 a.m.

yea yea.. hey what can i say.

Bryz. suks.

hopefully next year hes gone

April 24, 2013, 10:13 a.m.

Yes. But mathematically we can't come last. Right now we have a 6.2% chance of getting it, but we'll likely blow every game up to and wind up with an 8.1% chance at it.

Which position do you play in the Oilers organization anyway??

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

April 24, 2013, 1:09 p.m.

Which position do you play in the Oilers organization anyway??

Kn.

Devoted fan. Something people in Vancouver don't generally understand. Just ask Luongo.

April 24, 2013, 1:15 p.m.

Meh … I'm a fan of fast-paced, well-played hockey. The Canucks offer that up often enough to make them interesting. The added bonus is, with them being local, the media covers them well so makes the team's progress easy to follow. My "Canucks Superfandom" pretty much ends there. If they stop playing entertaining hockey, I'll move on.

I actually find Olympic/International games better to watch - less goonery and more flow to the play - as long as the teams are closely matched for skill. Tilted games are just painful.

But I still think that folks referring to their home (or favourite) team in the first person is lol-worthy. Nyaah nyah.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

April 24, 2013, 1:23 p.m.

Wow. Someone here has losing down to a Science …. Besides Oliers want to be last so that they have a better shot at another #1 draft pick. As in "Fail for Nail" … maybe be it will be "Play-like-we're-on-meth for Seth" (as in Seth Jones, the #1-rated prospect, a badly-needed D-man and son of former NBA player Popeye Jones). If he has his old man's NBA swagger he'll quickly probably demand to be traded from Edmonton in Lindrossian fashion rather than sign a contract. I don't think the Oilers need to draft yet another smooth-skating forward who can do pirouettes around pylons.

April 24, 2013, 1:37 p.m.

Wow. Someone here has losing down to a Science …. Besides Oliers want to be last so that they have a better shot at another #1 draft pick. As in "Fail for Nail" … maybe be it will be "Play-like-we're-on-meth for Seth" (as in Seth Jones, the #1-rated prospect, a badly-needed D-man and son of former NBA player Popeye Jones). If he has his old man's NBA swagger he'll quickly probably demand to be traded from Edmonton in Lindrossian fashion rather than sign a contract. I don't think the Oilers need to draft yet another smooth-skating forward who can do pirouettes around pylons.

It's their quest to see how many #1 draft picks they can have and still place last.

April 24, 2013, 5:47 p.m.

I thought about this for quite some time. Typed out something, deleted it, typed out something else, only to delete that as well

So in conclusion, the Oilers are fucked.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 24, 2013, 9:53 p.m.

Detroit got themselves into 8th tonight. Interestingly, the last two games for both them and Columbus are against Dallas and Nashville. Maybe Dallas slides in there with a couple good games.

I'd like to see Detroit hang on though.

April 26, 2013, 2:12 p.m.

And the Oilers will probably be randomly lucky again. And if the Oilers arent blown out against the Wild tonight and win, then Columbus could get in. I find that oddly awesome.

I honestly dont know what the Canucks will do in the post season. I havent been too inspired by their lack of consistency and flashes of brilliance - like the last minutes of last nights game. pass pass pass to the fifth power, take a shot and lose the rebound to the outmanned team. I donut expect the chance of a riot this year.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

April 26, 2013, 2:34 p.m.

Go Sens Go!!!!

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

April 26, 2013, 8:13 p.m.

It's their quest to see how many #1 draft picks they can have and still place last.

Well they are going to have to keep replenishing the #1 pick pool on their roster. How are the Oilers going to afford all that high priced talent once their recent picks and other up and comers get onto their second/next contracts?

April 26, 2013, 8:17 p.m.

Ive watched lke 3 games this year..
go canucks!

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 26, 2013, 9:37 p.m.

Islanders and Anaheim for the cup, and Leafs out second round