2013 NHL Playoff Thread - or "The Events Leading up to This Years Vancouver Riot"

May 7, 2013, 9:35 a.m.

Wow..13 pages of delusion.

Maybe at page 3, but all I see are trade plans and people wondering if the door will indeed hit AV's ass on his way out.

After yet another scoreless post season and the cap decrease coming up no Canuck is safe this summer.

May 7, 2013, 9:37 a.m.

Actually, it's the gif thread that gives my pc shit fits.

Back on topic … I kind of don't want to watch tonight's game. It'll probably just piss me off. But I'll likely watch out of some faint hope that the canucks will scratch out a win and maybe make this series into a competition.

Kn.

I didn't watch Sunday's game. I can't take any more of the same game. Play well for a while with difficulties finding the back of the net and then collapse. It gets old.

May 7, 2013, 12:40 p.m.

Schnieder in net, which only leaves the following question unanswered.

Who do you think will be fired first, AV or Gillis?

May 7, 2013, 12:46 p.m.

Schnieder in net, which only leaves the following question unanswered.

Who do you think will be fired first, AV or Gillis?

I think this is premature. And I also think is will depend on how closely the owners were involved with the Luongo decision. I admit that the whole thing is dreadful. But honestly, this series was 1 empty net goal away from being totally different.

May 7, 2013, 2:03 p.m.

Luongo's condo went up for sale today. He must be planning to fly direct to Florida after the game tonight.

May 7, 2013, 2:49 p.m.

I think this is premature. And I also think is will depend on how closely the owners were involved with the Luongo decision. I admit that the whole thing is dreadful. But honestly, this series was 1 empty net goal away from being totally different.

Yea sorry not even close. The canucks played like complete ass all series, one game isn't gonna do shit when you can't score a goal.

Schnied shit the bed
Elaine shit the bed as always(poor coaching style to try and milk one goal leads in the regular season, not even an option in the playoffs as already proven hundreds of times)
Sedin's just eat shit.

Corrado, roy, higgins, hansen, and sometimes kesler played very well. The rest of the canucks didn't show up.

We need a new coach plain and simple, elaines frenchy retreat when you have the lead style is good if you have solid d, too bad we don't. I would like a more sutter style coach, something proven to achieve cups, not hopes and dreams.

Clunking is for retards.

May 7, 2013, 6:35 p.m.

Schneid played poorly [HTML_REMOVED] let in those weak ones, but I don't think he's the problem. If the team could score at all, they wouldn't be down 3-0. One thing for sure is neither Sedin can be captain. They just can't handle it, same as Naslund back in the day. You need a tough player to be captain. One who's willing to lay it on the line for his team.

Thread killer

May 7, 2013, 6:53 p.m.

Schneid played poorly [HTML_REMOVED] let in those weak ones, but I don't think he's the problem. If the team could score at all, they wouldn't be down 3-0. One thing for sure is neither Sedin can be captain. They just can't handle it, same as Naslund back in the day. You need a tough player to be captain. One who's willing to lay it on the line for his team.

Damn right. Doesn't matter how many goals a keeper lets by. If your team gets more in the net than the other, it's still a win.

They gots to quit pissing about and throw some shit at the net. Pepper Niemi with so many shots he gets PTSD.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 7, 2013, 7:14 p.m.

Aaaaaannnnd the downward spiral begins, 3 minutes in.

Kn.

May 7, 2013, 7:19 p.m.

Lol

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 7, 2013, 7:22 p.m.

So if I understand what just happened, if one shoots at the net, it might go in.

Interesting. They should try this out some more.

May 7, 2013, 7:32 p.m.

Sometimes ya just gotta try things you haven't tried before. You know … "hey, that's just crazy enough to work!!"

Kn.

May 7, 2013, 7:47 p.m.

Yea sorry not even close. The canucks played like complete ass all series, one game isn't gonna do shit when you can't score a goal.

So how am I not even close? I'm not really trying to defend a team that is down 3 zip…soon to be swept. I just really hate this "fire everybody and blow the team up" mentality. Especially when nobody has any idea what went on in the background.

The only thing I can say was done really, really wrong this year (in hindsight) was the Luongo mess. Who knows what happened? Who knows what ownership pushed for? Who knows what was available via trade. But no. Fire everybody. Blow up the team.

And who exactly are you going to get rid of? Schneider remains. Kesler Remains. Sedins Remain. Burrow Remains. Edler. Bieksa. Hamhuis. So basically you have all the major parts staying or what? Where are we going to get guys better than that to replace them? Free agency? Trades?

I have a theory that no Canadian hockey team will ever be successful again because the fan base is too impatient and irrational to allow a team to be built slowly. I feel like my point is being proven.

May 7, 2013, 8:11 p.m.

Maybe Lu is trying to capitalize on a red hot real estate market?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 7, 2013, 8:20 p.m.

The Luongo incident was like being run over by a glacier.

They couldn't of handled it any worse and they had all the time in the world to do so.