2013 - 2014 Canucks

July 2, 2014, 4:18 p.m.

I think Miller got too much money and too much term from the Canucks - but I think he deserves it. After all he's not getting any goal support from this group and the media will be tough on him. The fans will be tough on him.

We're paying Miller a bit more so we don't destroy Lack's confidence. It's a stop gap.

Let's hope we finish last and get a shot at this McDavid kid.

July 2, 2014, 5:33 p.m.

Nucks finished 25th in goal differential last season. 15th in goals against, behind Colorado and Chicago.

Goaltending doesn't seem to be the issue…

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 2, 2014, 6:54 p.m.

I like the Vrbata signing. I think we overpaid, but's he's proven to be a consistent scorer. He could be a great pairing for the twins, or whoever is on our 2nd line now.

July 2, 2014, 7:37 p.m.

I like the Vrbata signing. I think we overpaid, but's he's proven to be a consistent scorer. He could be a great pairing for the twins, or whoever is on our 2nd line now.

Its a strange amount of money, especially given his age. At least the contract s nice and short (2 years @ 5million per). That said, he is definitely a good signing. Good and consistent scoring.

July 2, 2014, 10:11 p.m.

Its a strange amount of money, especially given his age. At least the contract s nice and short (2 years @ 5million per). That said, he is definitely a good signing. Good and consistent scoring.

more money for the shorter term. I like this signing more than Miller only because I can't believe we had to go and get a starting goalie after having 2 good ones at the start of last season.

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture"

July 3, 2014, 10:21 a.m.

I like that the Canucks are actually making some changes. Good Riddance, Gillis, you bloated ferret.

Wrong. Always.

July 3, 2014, 10:22 a.m.

You seem to forget Vancouvers reputation as a goalie graveyard. Here's hoping Miller proves it wrong.

Hey, you can change your avatar now. =/

Wrong. Always.

July 3, 2014, 10:42 a.m.

more money for the shorter term. I like this signing more than Miller only because I can't believe we had to go and get a starting goalie after having 2 good ones at the start of last season.

Theyre both good signings. I actually like the Miller one more. First, goalies last longer.. so a 33 year old goalie will likely outlast a 33 year old skater. Second, Lack isnt a starter, at least not yet… and, IF the Canucks make the playoffs, Miller has that intangible ability to get hot, and carry a team throughout a run. Third, hopefully Lack and Miller get a good split, and Miller can play they mentor role to Lack, and develop him into an out-and-out starter in a few years time.

July 3, 2014, 12:17 p.m.

It's great that it's 2 years. If he can pop in 60 or more goals (if playing with Twins) over the course of 2 seasons it would actually be pretty good value.

Time will tell.

I saw a good quote on Twitter the other day: "Canucks are finally a 4 line team. Problem is we don't know if there is a viable 2nd line."

July 3, 2014, 12:37 p.m.

It's great that it's 2 years. If he can pop in 60 or more goals (if playing with Twins) over the course of 2 seasons it would actually be pretty good value.

Time will tell.

I saw a good quote on Twitter the other day: "Canucks are finally a 4 line team. Problem is we don't know if there is a viable 2nd line."

Yeah, the 2nd line comment is justified. Especially given that there isnt a ton of cap space left to deal with (about 6 mill after Vrbata).

July 3, 2014, 4:59 p.m.

I am not a canuck fan, but lots of props for them making all these changes…wow.

July 3, 2014, 5:08 p.m.

It's crazy what has happened since last year's draft to get to this point, but I think this (more or less) is what people were expecting Gillis' "reset" to be last summer.

July 4, 2014, 1:13 p.m.

Another notable for Vrbata is that he is a sniper on the shootout. Tied with Datsyuk for 4th all time. With Burrows and Santorelli we actually have a pretty good first 3 shooters.

July 4, 2014, 1:15 p.m.

Another notable for Vrbata is that he is a sniper on the shootout. Tied with Datsyuk for 4th all time. With Burrows and Santorelli we actually have a pretty good first 3 shooters.

Except Santorelli just signed a 1 year with the leafs. Fuck. I liked him.

Wrong. Always.

July 4, 2014, 1:18 p.m.

^^Yup, so did i. SHouldn't have let him go.

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin