2013 - 2014 Canucks

March 10, 2014, 6:40 p.m.

Holy f*ck. Probably the scariest things Ive seen in a hockey game. Your heart sinks instantly when you see fast players start moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IHKxZ0SX30

March 10, 2014, 9:36 p.m.

just checked the score - wow.

good night vancouver.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 10, 2014, 10:21 p.m.

I didn't think it was possible to turn a 3-0 lead into a 4-7 loss. What a mess.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 10, 2014, 10:22 p.m.

7 goals by the islanders in the 3rd… wtfffff hahaha

March 10, 2014, 10:28 p.m.

I was watching SOA on Netflix then I read this thread, then I checked the score. So glad I was watching SOA.
Torts is done IMO.

Shed head!

March 10, 2014, 10:46 p.m.

Holy f*ck. Probably the scariest things Ive seen in a hockey game. Your heart sinks instantly when you see fast players start moving.

While that was frightening it's a ways off from the scariest thing seen in a hockey game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR-wA4SmbO4

March 11, 2014, 9:19 a.m.

You know how when there's a playoff run…and everybody starts complaining about fairweather fans jumping on the bandwagon?

Let's start a new thing…hardcore fans abandoning the bandwagon like it's some sort of disease soaked tram from hell.

In a really, really sad way, this is all kind of entertaining. Like…man…wow…how much worse can they get? I sort of wish the NHL would let them make it in to the playoffs, and keep bumping them through the rounds, just so we can see how thoroughly a team can get demolished in a hockey game. Repeatedly.

This is actually all my fault. My brother-in-law (Flames fan) said something at the beginning of the year along the lines of "You just watch, the Flames are going to make the playoffs and Vancouver won't." And I laughed and I laughed. And he still deserves to have his face laughed in…but now he can laugh in my face in return. We actually bet on it. But now that both teams are steaming piles of garbage, I'm not sure who wins that bet.

Anyhow. Back to the late 90's glory years.

March 11, 2014, 9:33 a.m.

How many seasons tickets aren't going to be renewed next year?

What an awesome, awesome collapse. As soon as dude got that second penalty my gut screamed they were gonna choke.

March 11, 2014, 9:54 a.m.

How many seasons tickets aren't going to be renewed next year?

Aquilini will just buy the left over tickets and call it another sellout. The team has so many levels of suck it's actually comical.

:canada:

March 11, 2014, 10:40 a.m.

Let's start a new thing…hardcore fans abandoning the bandwagon like it's some sort of disease soaked tram from hell.

I'm well ahead of you on that front my friend. A coworker of mine was obviously dreaming (or just delusional) when he said if Vancouver ditched this season for a decent draft pick and traded kesler for a player and a pick, then traded again for the #1 in 2015 then they could get McDavid.

But really, if its one thing Vancouvers consistently shown over the years is they cant draft. Or if we do, we'll just trade them away or let them "develop" in the minors.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

March 11, 2014, 10:44 a.m.

Torts is done IMO.

Hopefully Gillis goes first as he's the one who brought Torts in and let AV coach another 2 years after the SC run. And obviously giving up two franchise goalies in 9 months and getting little in return. Or actually caring what a player dads thinks/says, or letting it annoy you instead of telling him to stfu.

This is what happens when an agent turns GM. Bad contracts. Bad deals. Bad team.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

March 11, 2014, 11:06 a.m.

This is what happens when an agent turns GM. Bad contracts. Bad deals. Bad team.

Agreed. Gillis has to go. I think they should just let Torts have a dual role. Let him bring in (and get rid of) the players he wants. Sink or swim.

March 11, 2014, 11:23 a.m.

A touchdown in the 3rd?! Wow. That's almost impressive

I can't see Torts, Gillis or Kesler being part of the Canucks organization come 2014-15 season

March 11, 2014, 11:54 a.m.

You know how when there's a playoff run…and everybody starts complaining about fairweather fans jumping on the bandwagon?

In a really, really sad way, this is all kind of entertaining. Like…man…wow…how much worse can they get? I sort of wish the NHL would let them make it in to the playoffs, and keep bumping them through the rounds, just so we can see how thoroughly a team can get demolished in a hockey game. Repeatedly.

Anyhow. Back to the late 90's glory years.

I few years back I went to an Oil game in Edmonton. They sucked to begin with, but had also been hit hard by an injury bug - so they were sporting almost a complete AHL squad. Everyone got loser drunk and cheered every little thing.

We drank for every hit, every shot that went even close to the net, every save, every everything. It was a ton of fun. There was actually more noise there then at the typical Canucks game I have been to in the past.

I will always be a Canucks fan, can't help it- I can still accept that they suck, and hope for better days.

March 11, 2014, 1:51 p.m.

Yep I am always gunna cheer for this team but we gotta make the most of it now that the windows closed. Teams gotta ice lots of kids, fans gotta lower expectations and drink more haha, instead of being quiet and depressing