2013 - 2014 Canucks

March 4, 2014, 2:29 p.m.

BAck to Florida, he should be happy now.

……..He now joins Tim Thomas, the goaltender he faced in the 2011 Stanley Cup Final when they lost to the Boston Bruins

into another frying pan.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

March 4, 2014, 2:44 p.m.

Oh wait,

WOOHOO! What a deal. One of the best goalies in the league for someone who got an AHL goalie of the month award.

A must-have for any team that desperately needs goalscoring - a second-string minor-league goaltender. Canuck's problems solved in one fell swoop! Genius or what?

March 4, 2014, 2:45 p.m.

I can pinpoint the precise moment where I lost my faith in this Clown College of an organization.

It wasn't when they traded Schneider in lieu of Luongo…It was when I found out they traded Schneider in lieu of Luongo without talking to Luongo about it first.

I mean, my first impression - "Okay…wow…They're sticking with Luongo. He must be willing to let bygones be bygones now that we're talking about a new coach." But no. No…they never seemed to think it would important to discuss this new plan with the guy who had already mentally checked out.

And now, to trade him less than a year later? I mean…it's just beyond unbelievable how badly they've managed to screw things up.

I blame Bertuzzi.

March 4, 2014, 2:50 p.m.

what a shitshow gillis is.

at one point they had two of the best goalies in the league, now they have lack-up and a nobody.
the organization could have gotten so much more for the assests they had instead of what they ended up with, one good prospect and a few 3rd or 4th line plumbers.

not even worthy of a face palm.

i called this a few years ago saying their time was over and to be ready for years of misery. this team is done for a while.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 4, 2014, 2:51 p.m.

Getting this cap spending room doesnt mean a thing if Gillis is our buyer.
I expect to see a pink slip come his way at the end of the season , or we will continue down the standing.

Gillis , the genius that he is , is probably talking with the Devils to see if he can re-aquire Schneider.

March 4, 2014, 2:52 p.m.

WOOHOO! What a deal. One of the best goalies in the league for someone who got an AHL goalie of the month award.

Wait until we hear about his new "no trade" clause …

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 4, 2014, 2:52 p.m.

I Agree with Syncro….
The Fork says it all

March 4, 2014, 2:53 p.m.

I will have to watch the round table discussions about the Lu trade…
The Gillis Roast is about to being big time!

March 4, 2014, 2:55 p.m.

i called this a few years ago saying their time was over and to be ready for years of misery. this team is done for a while.

If you call something a few years before it happens did you really call it?

March 4, 2014, 2:56 p.m.

Am I correct that Lu will still suck cap space out of the Canucks payroll for years to come … even after the trade? Seems to me that this was some sort of penalty because of the structure of his crazy ass 14 year contract or something.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 4, 2014, 2:57 p.m.

How the eff does Pittsburgh have the room to put an offer on Kesler?

We'd be sending bodies back obviously. I've seen Brandon Sutter's name mentioned as a possibility (Kesler would be replacing him at 3C), along w/ a prospect and a pick. I'm not a big fan of the idea.

Kind of amazed Luongo actually got moved. I'd just assumed it wouldn't happen after last year's drama.

This is alarming if I was a Canucks fan:
https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/440982011251945472/photo/1

Here are the cap penalties from Roberto Luongo's contract for the Canucks if he retires early. Could be really ugly

March 4, 2014, 2:58 p.m.

I expect to see a pink slip come his way at the end of the season , or we will continue down the standing.

Gillis , the genius that he is , is probably talking with the Devils to see if he can re-aquire Schneider.

And he better have a plan up his sleeve now because after this season everyone will be in buy mode. The only way this will work is if he gets something huge done before the trade deadline. It could work (not holding my breath).

March 4, 2014, 2:59 p.m.

If you call something a few years before it happens did you really call it?

the writing was on the wall during the cup playoff run that this team didn't have what it takes mentally and it's been a pretty rapid decline since then. some great players, but overall just the wrong mix.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

March 4, 2014, 3:01 p.m.

the writing was on the wall during the cup playoff run that this team didn't have what it takes mentally and it's been a pretty rapid decline since then. some great players, but overall just the wrong mix.

Agreed. It was funny that they effectively kept this same team and expected the result to be different in subsequent years. When was the last time (prior to today) that they really made a positive trade?

March 4, 2014, 3:02 p.m.

We'd be sending bodies back obviously. I've seen Brandon Sutter's name mentioned as a possibility (Kesler would be replacing him at 3C), along w/ a prospect and a pick. I'm not a big fan of the idea.

Kind of amazed Luongo actually got moved. I'd just assumed it wouldn't happen after last year's drama.

This is alarming if I was a Canucks fan:
https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/440982011251945472/photo/1

That is brutal. What a bunch of shit the CBA is.