2013 - 2014 Canucks

Feb. 5, 2014, 12:25 p.m.

The problem lies with Gillis and his ridiculous propensity for handing out NTC's and taking on bad contracts.
The guy is an Agent, not a Manager and it shows in how he's "built" this team.

Feb. 5, 2014, 12:57 p.m.

The problem lies with Gillis and his ridiculous propensity for handing out NTC's and taking on bad contracts.
The guy is an Agent, not a Manager and it shows in how he's "built" this team.

BINGO !! or Bullseye !!

Agree 100%

Feb. 5, 2014, 12:57 p.m.

true. whatever the cause tho, there is something seriously wrong with this team. at least the canucks are surrounded by equally as great ineptness for the time being so they're not completely out of the playoff picture. even if they do make it in, it will be over pretty quick.

summerofturmoil

I am typically a Canuck optimist, but it hard to picture turning this ship around without a major shake up of the existing core. They have their moments where they look decent, but it still feels tenuous. The scary prospect is that the only person that can make that change happen is Gillis.

Having said all this though I think things are bound to change around the league when the cap goes up. If they play their cards right the Avs can become the western powerhouse they once were.

Feb. 5, 2014, 2:55 p.m.

I don't know why you think I am an Oilers fan. T'is not the case.

It must be hard for you this year to decide which team to be a fan of. So many potential options.

Feb. 5, 2014, 3:01 p.m.

It must be hard for you this year to decide which team to be a fan of. So many potential options.

Best to wait until June to pick. In the meantime, get attention by honing ones anti-fan skills.

Feb. 6, 2014, 1:20 a.m.

Likely the 13-14 Nucks greatest achievement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LprzxFAoH9w

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 6, 2014, 10:12 a.m.

I think the greatest disappointment in the Canucks current losing streak is that they are missing the golden opportunity being handed to them by LA who is on their own brutal streak (1-8-1). 3rd in the pacific is low hanging fruit right now.

Feb. 6, 2014, 10:35 a.m.

I love Torts and his overall style and intensity. But it won't work with Canucks aging players. He's flat out run them into the ground with too much ice time. Vigneault's system worked better with these players. While the current squad is far from winning a Stanley Cup, they would be doing better with AV as coach I think. But not much better. Either way, this "keeping the twins" thing is perhaps not the way to go for the future. Only if you can give the team more depth and options, otherwise try to sell off most of the guys with fat contracts that are on a decline and rebuild. Not an easy sale though. I don't admire Gillis, although he's made his bed and he's going to have to sleep in it. Or poop in it.

Wrong. Always.

Feb. 6, 2014, 1:29 p.m.

I love Torts and his overall style and intensity. But it won't work with Canucks aging players. He's flat out run them into the ground with too much ice time. Vigneault's system worked better with these players. While the current squad is far from winning a Stanley Cup, they would be doing better with AV as coach I think. But not much better. Either way, this "keeping the twins" thing is perhaps not the way to go for the future. Only if you can give the team more depth and options, otherwise try to sell off most of the guys with fat contracts that are on a decline and rebuild. Not an easy sale though. I don't admire Gillis, although he's made his bed and he's going to have to sleep in it. Or poop in it.

I think Torts could be the man for Vancouver to have success with.. he just needs the right team underneath him, and this isnt it. Nor is Gillis the guy thats going to assemble it. It time to make some big changes, bring in some young and hungry guys, and rebuild. They've been sticking their finger in the socket for too many years.

Feb. 6, 2014, 1:56 p.m.

Likely the 13-14 Nucks greatest achievement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LprzxFAoH9w

I really wish the internet would stop making these auto-tune videos. They were marginally funny back when they first started

Feb. 6, 2014, 2:47 p.m.

I don't know why you think I am an Oilers fan. T'is not the case.

You've never stated your allegiance, so I chose for you.

Feb. 6, 2014, 2:48 p.m.

Best to wait until June to pick. In the meantime, get attention by honing ones anti-fan skills.

You must spread rep…blah blah

:coo:

Feb. 7, 2014, 2:49 p.m.

As long as the Canucks don't win, I win.

Putin?

Feb. 26, 2014, 7:03 p.m.

Bye Bye Kesler!
http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/02/source-ryan-kesler-requested-traded/

I dont think its all that surprising. We all know what kind of state the Canucks are in, and they certainly don't seem to be making any positive moves. They may as well trade him while they can still get something decent for him.

Feb. 26, 2014, 7:14 p.m.

welcome to another 15yrs of abysmal hockey vancouver.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer