2013 - 2014 Canucks

Jan. 19, 2014, 7:41 p.m.

And don't put a goon winger in to take the opening face-off and try to pretend that didn't go down exactly as planned.

It seemed pretty obvious that Sestito and Weise were the only ones interested in fighting when the puck dropped. All the Flames seemed pretty peppy though.

Torts is gonna pay for the BS between periods. I didn't mind the optics of it but he should show a bit more restraint.

Yup thats how it works. Bieksa knew that and I think thats why he would have gone over to fight Smid instead of the goon after telling the goon to back off on the new kid. If Bieksa's going to get kicked out of the game hes smart to take one of their defencemen with him.
Also Hartley can start whoever he wants, so can Torts. To me, both coaches can justify who they started, this has happened before. Whats classless is the lame excuse Hartley gave for starting the goon squad.
Douche move to not own his actions IMO.

Hartley's a straight up pindick.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply being an anti-fan.

All of these things.

Jan. 20, 2014, 1:27 a.m.

Usually not a twitter twatter but my friend sent me the link to Bieksa's post game tweet

"Thanks to all for the congrats/warm messages for my 1st NHL face off win! Took a lot of hard work but it was well worth it."

Jan. 20, 2014, 9:20 a.m.

Oh, wow! Thank you for explaining the game of hockey to me.

You asked me a question, I gave you an answer (see video). If I'm using too many big words, go here.

Jan. 20, 2014, 4:42 p.m.

Torts Decision… 6 games, 15 days. Seems fair to me (given that there isnt much precedent to go on).
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441725

And Hartley gets fined 25000.

Jan. 20, 2014, 7:08 p.m.

toughest part of all that was hartley finally admitting he's gay .

not that there is anything wrong with that .

ps . . . . drunken post , so w/e .

Jan. 20, 2014, 7:14 p.m.

Hartley got the worst of it. He's stuck coaching the Flames.

Jan. 20, 2014, 7:17 p.m.

ps . . . . drunken post , so w/e .

drunk monday at 7 pm? i like the way you roll…

Jan. 20, 2014, 7:26 p.m.

On the flames website there is a post game interview with Westgarth.
Nice that Bieska drops the gloves after he's done his passport ahopping

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 20, 2014, 7:30 p.m.

'duke . . . it's ski patrolling . . . we drink when the opportunity presents itself .

Jan. 20, 2014, 7:33 p.m.

hey you don't have to explain to me…!

Jan. 20, 2014, 8:10 p.m.

Torts Decision… 6 games, 15 days. Seems fair to me (given that there isnt much precedent to go on).
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441725

And Hartley gets fined 25000.

Both seems about right.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Jan. 20, 2014, 10:25 p.m.

On the flames website there is a post game interview with Westgarth.
Nice that Bieska drops the gloves after he's done his passport ahopping

Bieksa didn't want to fight a guy much bigger than him, what's wrong with that? At least he stepped up and got the rookie Lain away from an instant mugging. Sure Lain fought Westgarth eventually, but Lain is a lot bigger than Bieksa too.

Weise and Sestito are on record today saying that Torts told them the lineup and he wasn't asking them to fight, but be aware on the ice.

Jan. 21, 2014, 7:28 a.m.

This decision by the NHL is one of the few things they've done recently and gotten right.

6 games for Torts and $25k for Hartley is pretty much spot on.

I don't condone what Torts did between periods, but don't totally hate it either. I think it's a smarter move than he's being given credit for. If he didn't have the room before, he has them now.

Jan. 21, 2014, 8:51 a.m.

Bieksa didn't want to fight a guy much bigger than him, what's wrong with that? At least he stepped up and got the rookie Lain away from an instant mugging. Sure Lain fought Westgarth eventually, but Lain is a lot bigger than Bieksa too.

Weise and Sestito are on record today saying that Torts told them the lineup and he wasn't asking them to fight, but be aware on the ice.

Not exactly sure why Lain needs to be protected… He is a massive boy, and experienced knuckle dragger in the AHL. Most of these guys want a shot at an established fighter off the hop to prove themselves. Westgarth is not tha great of a fighter. It's not like he had to go with McGrattan.

Jan. 21, 2014, 9:33 a.m.

This decision by the NHL is one of the few things they've done recently and gotten right.

6 games for Torts and $25k for Hartley is pretty much spot on.

I don't condone what Torts did between periods, but don't totally hate it either. I think it's a smarter move than he's being given credit for. If he didn't have the room before, he has them now.

Agreed. If anyone didn't give him respect before they will now. Hoping the is a catalyst.