2013 - 2014 Canucks

Jan. 19, 2014, 4 p.m.

Calgary has nothing to lose in any game, the Canucks do. It's not out-coaching by Hartley when there's no consequence, it's just a dick move. That's what Torts was pissed about, Hartley is a dick who wouldn't even own up to his decision. He said that line got them a goal recently and so he thought they could do it again. Riiiight.

Jan. 19, 2014, 4:04 p.m.

Calgary has nothing to lose in any game, the Canucks do. It's not out-coaching by Hartley when there's no consequence, it's just a dick move. That's what Torts was pissed about, Hartley is a dick who wouldn't even own up to his decision. He said that line got them a goal recently and so he thought they could do it again. Riiiight.

Well, there is a consequence. Hes fighting for his job on a terrible team. He snuck out a point in a game that (on paper) he had no business sneaking out a point in. Plus, theres absolutely no reason why he has to own up to his decision. Every one knew why he did it. He knew he could rattle the Canucks by doing it. And he was right.

Jan. 19, 2014, 4:05 p.m.

Then don't lie about it, just say nothing.

Jan. 19, 2014, 4:37 p.m.

And don't put a goon winger in to take the opening face-off and try to pretend that didn't go down exactly as planned.

It seemed pretty obvious that Sestito and Weise were the only ones interested in fighting when the puck dropped. All the Flames seemed pretty peppy though.

Torts is gonna pay for the BS between periods. I didn't mind the optics of it but he should show a bit more restraint.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Jan. 19, 2014, 5:21 p.m.

I think the way the rules are written, first guys to fight get fighting majors, any secondary fights get misconducts

Yup thats how it works. Bieksa knew that and I think thats why he would have gone over to fight Smid instead of the goon after telling the goon to back off on the new kid. If Bieksa's going to get kicked out of the game hes smart to take one of their defencemen with him.
Also Hartley can start whoever he wants, so can Torts. To me, both coaches can justify who they started, this has happened before. Whats classless is the lame excuse Hartley gave for starting the goon squad.
Douche move to not own his actions IMO.

Jan. 19, 2014, 5:34 p.m.

Hartley's a straight up pindick.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply being an anti-fan.

Jan. 19, 2014, 6:54 p.m.

PJ Stock was going full derp at 1st intermission and tried to continue on post game until Friedman cut him off :rocker:

Jan. 19, 2014, 7:30 p.m.

I like Bieksa.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 19, 2014, 7:41 p.m.

And don't put a goon winger in to take the opening face-off and try to pretend that didn't go down exactly as planned.

It seemed pretty obvious that Sestito and Weise were the only ones interested in fighting when the puck dropped. All the Flames seemed pretty peppy though.

Torts is gonna pay for the BS between periods. I didn't mind the optics of it but he should show a bit more restraint.

Yup thats how it works. Bieksa knew that and I think thats why he would have gone over to fight Smid instead of the goon after telling the goon to back off on the new kid. If Bieksa's going to get kicked out of the game hes smart to take one of their defencemen with him.
Also Hartley can start whoever he wants, so can Torts. To me, both coaches can justify who they started, this has happened before. Whats classless is the lame excuse Hartley gave for starting the goon squad.
Douche move to not own his actions IMO.

Hartley's a straight up pindick.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply being an anti-fan.

All of these things.

Jan. 20, 2014, 1:27 a.m.

Usually not a twitter twatter but my friend sent me the link to Bieksa's post game tweet

"Thanks to all for the congrats/warm messages for my 1st NHL face off win! Took a lot of hard work but it was well worth it."

Jan. 20, 2014, 9:20 a.m.

Oh, wow! Thank you for explaining the game of hockey to me.

You asked me a question, I gave you an answer (see video). If I'm using too many big words, go here.

Jan. 20, 2014, 4:42 p.m.

Torts Decision… 6 games, 15 days. Seems fair to me (given that there isnt much precedent to go on).
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441725

And Hartley gets fined 25000.

Jan. 20, 2014, 7:08 p.m.

toughest part of all that was hartley finally admitting he's gay .

not that there is anything wrong with that .

ps . . . . drunken post , so w/e .

Jan. 20, 2014, 7:14 p.m.

Hartley got the worst of it. He's stuck coaching the Flames.

Jan. 20, 2014, 7:17 p.m.

ps . . . . drunken post , so w/e .

drunk monday at 7 pm? i like the way you roll…